"These men (the Portuguese) are merchants ... They drink in a glass without offering it to others...

"These men (the Portuguese) are merchants ... They drink in a glass without offering it to others. They eat with their fingers (1) and not with chopsticks like us ... They are people who spend their lives traveling From there to beyond, without a right address, and exchange products that have the ones they do not have, but deep down they are not bad people. "

*Crónica Teppo-Ki (adaptado)

and the chinese described us like this:

"It can be said that the first objective of the Fu-lang-chi (the Portuguese) to China was the commerce (...).
Fu-lang-chi people are tall and have big noses. The eyes are like those of the cat and the shape of the mouth like that of the eagle. The hair grows on the backs of their hands, and their beards are red. They love commerce and, based on their military power, have a habit of invading and oppressing smaller countries. They go to any place where there is profit ... They wear clean and beautiful clothes ... Whenever a dispute arises, they point to the sky and swear to tell the truth. "

*História de Ming (adaptado)

this was how africans described us when we reached there:

"A day from the sea came a great ship, white wings, and shining like knives in the sun, white men came out of the water, saying words that no one understood, our ancestors were afraid and thought they were Vumbi, souls of the other world. They managed to make them return to the sea by shooting clouds of arrows, but the "Vumbi" began to spit fire with a noise of thunder .... "

* African oral tradition, in F. Braudel, Material Civilization ... III.

and then they lost everything to britain and every single one of their colonies is a shithole

the end

azores, macau and madeira aren't shitholes

Wow, how small were Chinese where they thought Shortuguese were tall?

You forgot some oil countries like Qatar and Bahrain but they weren't really colonies

I wish Portugal would have kept cape verde so bad and so no reason why it became independent. I feel similarly about Sao Tome and Princip but understand the geography makes independence more likely. Cape Verde was lacking both a population of non-assimilated Portuguese as well as impracticable geographic barriers.

>, white men came out of the water
Honestly curious. Is White subjective? Like to a Brown or Black person, does a Tan/Olive skinned Southern European seem White? What about to a light skinned oriental person like Japanese, Koreans or Chinese?

We didn't lost them to anyone.We lost them to the native population

Are you autistic?Are you telling me northern europeans don't tan if they are exposed to southern european weather everyday?
It's easy to be pale when you don't leave the house(believe me I know)

Kinda related.
I've heard black kids say that they used to think Asians were white due to their similar skin tones.

>Is White subjective
no fucking shit, sherlock. you're wondering this now?
your country has changed the definition of white more times than anyone and you're asking this question?

Skin colour isn't really how most people separate. It's how their faces look. To an asian, all people from the west look pretty much the same. Ofc if I showed you a Slav, a Greek and an Irishman, you'd almost certainly be able tell them apart. You wouldn't be able to that for a Japanese, a Korean and a Chinese as easily, even though to them they look very different in general.

>if I showed you a Slav, a Greek and an Irishman, you'd almost certainly be able tell them apart
Just by their faces. No need for colours.

São Tomé's oil would probably be handy for us. Problem is they had native population so keeping it would be seen as "colonialism"

>beards are red

we wuz celts

>"but the "Vumbi" began to spit fire with a noise of thunder .... "

wtf i hate myself now

>Whenever a dispute arises, they point to the sky and swear to tell the truth.

This is absolutely hilarious.
Is there more?

>Fu-lang-chi people are tall and have big noses. The eyes are like those of the cat and the shape of the mouth like that of the eagle. The hair grows on the backs of their hands, and their beards are red.

ayy

>The eyes are like those of the cat and the shape of the mouth like that of the eagle.

>their beards are red

>Shortuguese

We are decedents of the Carians.

Probably a decent amount of sailors had auburn beards and Chinese stereotyped them all as red because it sticks out.

>Crónica Teppo-Ki
What is this?