What do you guys think of black metal?

what do you guys think of black metal?
I think it's badass.

Sup Forums is filled with soyboys who will shit on black metal, but it is kino, although nowadays there is a ton of bands that stain the name of the genre, like deafheaven, liturgy, the list goes on...

Sup Forums around 2007-2008 was full of metal threads, mostly black, death and doom. No one seems to believe me though.

death metal is better

It is a pretty good genre :)
Many of its subgenres are very good too!

Both one of the greatest genres of music and the cringiest most embarrasing stuff at the same time.

This
imo the big name early adopters did/do it best, a lot of the stuff worth listening to being made now is the mixed genre stuff though

I really like it. I think it's one of the most unique genres because the requirements to make it are pretty low, yet the possible worlds and journeys you can create with the genre is endless.

I can't get into it. Most of what I hear of it is basically fast tremolo picking with a blast neat behind, recorded in absolute shit quality, and I hate that.
I prefer other metal subgenres like doom and death

Great genre when you realise that most norweigian bands except the first few bands like burzum mayhem darkthrone are generic shit and start looking outside it for more interesting forms of the genre

Well there is more advanced stuff like In the Nightside Eclipse or Storm of the Light's Bane, maybe some later Immortal albums too. But what you say is accurate for much of the genre.

it's perhaps the most soy of all music genres.

>we have to dress up scary so people don't know we're basement dwelling losers
>we're so alienated by everyone we can appeal to the NS shut-ins online too!
>literally the type of motherfuckers who play dungeons & dragons and are too autistic to talk to girls, let alone function like a normal person
>probably wore shitty black hoodies and other dark clothes in high school and barely talked to anyone becuase "nobody got them"

it's funny how people talk about soyboy genres but those genres generally have fanbases that don't smell like old soup and have to paint their faces like juggalos (yes, I know corpse paint predates juggalos, it's still faggy) and wear ridiculous shit like nails coming out of wristbands and carry around axes and medival weapons in the woods and out of their suburban mother's home basements to get in their Subaru to drive to said woods..

And that's just Black Metal, if you look at metal as a whole it's overcompensating machismo bullshit (inb4 I bet you're a rap fan, it's not my most listened to genre and I'll admit there's a lot of overcompensating machismo there as well, but it is far less cringe in most cases) with ANGERY SCREAMING so people know they're so """tough""" and shitty distorted guitars.

Sure there's melodic styles as well, and I enjoy some blackgaze and things like that, but for the most part it's a genre made up of what this board would really consider a soyboy, which would be a beta male. Except for some reason if you overcompensate by an exponential amount, like metal musicians do, you somehow aren't a pussy, you're just a bigger pussy for not even admitting to who you really are.

Faggot

One of my favorite parts is how diverse it is musically, from ambient like midnight oddesy the tolkien inspired summoning and the experimental bands like sigh.

(killer album)

11/10 retort

>Making necklaces with pieces of skull
>Killing people because of racial prejudice or just to be more "EVIL"
> Burning of churches
wtf are you on calling perhaps the most violent music genre in history soy

>I enjoy some blackgaze and things like that

You literally can't call anyone else a soyboy when you say things like this. Besides, everything you greentexted isn't really a trait of a soy/numale/beta, more just an autistic loser. There is a difference.

sounds like edgelord shit I thought was cool when I was 13 but now that I'm 30 I find it to be pretty fucking retarded.
>You literally can't call anyone else a soyboy when you say things like this.

I was more pointing out how it's funny how people on here consider certain genres """soy""" but the favorite exclusion is the overcompensating genre known as metal.

>There is a difference.
You're splitting hairs, especially with how it's used on this board, there's no damn way you can argue that you aren't.

Sorry I had to burst your bubble about how metal is composed of a bunch of beta faggots who are bigger pussies than the people they make fun of on the internet, but it's true.

My reason for doing so is so the uninformed people who may stumble upon this thread should know before thinking that this new invasion of Sup Forumsposters are actually the same people who've posted here for years and shared, expanded and helped many discover and discuss new and exciting music.

Being an edgelord virgin autistic with no friends is not being soyboy, just sayin

Faggot

Stuff like bathory is good. Stuff like venom.. Not so much.

No it is definitely retarded and kinda funny desu but no matter how you look at it killing people isn't beta.

wtf how did i miss type desu into desu now i look retarded thats akward af

>probably wore shitty black hoodies and other dark clothes in high school and barely talked to anyone becuase "nobody got them"
Hello projection, my old friend.

Where do you think you are?

kms ive been had

Hello, newfriend

Faggot

I guess one goes on about sjw bullshit online and the other keyboard warriors against it. Two sides of the same pathetic coin I suppose.

>killing people isn't beta

It's socially dysfunctional. There's likely murderers from all genres of music if you look hard enough, don't act like metal has some sort of edge up in this pissing contest because some musicians murdered people who played it.

Regardless it's not beta or alpha, it's antisocial behavior.

No I just knew a lot of metal fans and literally I could rattle off a god damn list that fit this cliche. Go out of your house once in a while, or talk to your fellow classmates (if you're still in high school) and you can probably find a million of the same types I'm talking about.

Back in my time they gathered on the edge of school property smoking cigarettes in Tripp pants and not talking to each other despite standing around in a group. It was quite odd to witness, I'll admit.

Okay, that's all I wanted to read from you, you seemed to confused from what is an autist loser who wants badly to be manly with a soyboy.

Again, where do you think you are? I understand Sup Forums has had a massive influx of teenagers trying to cash in on edgy memes for their Instagram spam pages in the past five years, but its Still Sup Forums.

And yeah, I know what what anecdotal evidence you're referring to. But like any other music there's different people that may be into it. I usually listen to Marvin gaye or Otis redding type stuff but I still occasionally like burzum or bathory as well. I certainly don't dress like a mallgoth either.

>Back in my time
So the mid to late 2000s? Jesus gramps isn't it getting passed your bed time? Did you take your Metamucil and eat finely chopped Salisbury steak? Didn't know we were dealing with a true fucking old timer who saw TRIPP PANTS in their hay day
There's this new confounded thing called the internet. I'm sure your grandson set you up with it, but because of it, it gives people access to all different kinds of music from all over the world so you can't generalize them to the people only you knew

black metal is filled with soy boys user , here have a you for your troubles

Undoubtedly the best thing to ever happen to me since it got me in touch with Satan, who has thus far fulfilled a shit ton of wishes for me and asked for very fucking little in return.

Classic black metal thread on Sup Forums.

No music is ever discussed, other than four Norwegian albums and it just ends up being bickering about soy, tourists, or NSBM.

DEAD is the most badass musician ever

this this this

>muh darkness
>muh long hair and dressed in all black to fit in
>muh outcasts
>not for normies
>muh metal is as complex as classical music!

> metal is as complex as classical music

But black metal is intentionally primitive.