Explain to me how this overrated record is anything but normiecore...

Explain to me how this overrated record is anything but normiecore. I have no idea what separates this from something like the Chainsmokers.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z3AKrwna2C8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It was fairly nuanced at the time
Granted, it wasn't fucking GROUNDBREAKING, but it was especially good at introducing a mainstream audience to some less spotlighted styles

house music sequenced as a rock and funk album

But it's still normie dance bullshit. Is there anything actually intelligent about this album?

No, but there's not supposed to be. It's just a bunch of samples re-sequenced in a way that sounds pleasing to the ear. That's all it aimed to be and all it ever tried to be.

Then it's artistically worthless like I thought. Thanks for clearing it up for me, user.

I’m not getting the comparison here.
Are you saying DP is like the Chainsmokers just because they make electronic music?

It's electronic music that normies love dancing to. I don't see how they fall into separate genres.

To each his own, but I value meaningless music that sounds appealing over music that doesn't sound great but pushes a big message.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z3AKrwna2C8

Imagine being this guy.
Yeah discovery is artistically worthless. Just toally disregard the impact it had on literally all of pop-music in the 2000's
No biggie.

>people like it therefore it's all the same
this is a weird sort of elitism op
It's Sup Forumscore because it's fucking good and everyone like it

Wow you really are fucking retarded

But pop music is artistically worthless too, for the most part. So what the fuck is the value of its contribution if it's contributing to something that doesn't matter anyway? It's like winning a trophy for taking the biggest shit in a shit-measuring competition.

I actually took a listen to the song they sampled Superheroes from and I think I like it better.
Shit was funky.

pls no bully desu it's just my opinion

saying you dislike something because its popular and danceable is the quickest way to out yourself as an unlikable antisocial contrarian dweeb who would sit in the corner of any kind of social gathering they found themselves at, frozen in terror at the concept of trying to dance or of interacting with anyone but the people you came with.

it's just your opinion that all pop music is worthless? Do you only fucking listen to classical? Why are you even posting about an edm album if you think that all pop music is worthless

>puts on favorite krautrock album
Ah yes, now to become intellectually charged

^this

He's said "artistcally worthless" three times,
this kid is running out of bait.

this. ty user

As much as I dislike daft punk and this album, it's worthwhile just for the impact it had on music in general.
For listening to French house just to listen to so shit, ehh I don't care for it and can't recommend it out of context.

People are scary though

Hey man I loved discovery but don't diss krautrock

Nothing against krautrock, just a joke about people that circlejerk it.