Was this supposed to be good?

Was this supposed to be good?

yes

Did you like it? Then it was good.

Didn't like it? Then it wasn't meant for you and that's okay too bro. We all have different tastes.

it was supposed to be "best" picture

but that was just jews pandering to spics

It's a movie for grown-ups op

Liking something doesn't make it good.

I thought it was excellent.

It sucked dude. The first act was decent but that's it. There was no substance added once the initial groundwork was laid

Most of Sup Forums liked it when it came out, then the hipster "I must fit in with the cool kids" shitposting came along shortly after release. By all means, please explain why Birdman was a bad movie.

Then what does?

Fuck off Keaton you were never good

Natural sounding writing delivered by good actors. Good, well used soundtrack. Pacing that isn't rushed or too slow. editing that follows the rules and doesn't mess up cuts. etc..

Besides natural sounding writing that's all subjective.

Good editing and pacing aren't subjective. If you have a lot of boring scenes where not much happens at the beginning of your movie and lots of fast interesting scenes at the end that's objectively bad pacing.
Having a scene or plot line that ends up not mattering to the story or character development is objectively bad.
Sound track is harder to put your thumb on but most people agree that The Good The Bad and the Ugly has great scene-making music and the MCU has bland generic music.

I agree with everything but the idea of pacing.

I think it's much harder to determine what good pacing is, and it's not as simple as the example you presented being objectively incorrect.

>We all have different tastes.
I bet you won a lot of participation ribbons

Ok Fan4stick is a good example of objectivly bad pacing. Like the first 1/3rd of it was good, introduce characters, setting up the world etc etc but in the 2nd act you could feel them realy trying to stretch the material out without spending money on set pieces and then the 3rd act was just a jumbled rushed mess.
alternatively, if you've seen it, Manchester by the Sea is a great example of good pacing. It holds a pretty constant pace throughout the story, it doesn't rush through anything or spend longer on anything than it needs to.

It was good aside from all the fucking telekinesis shit. they could have done literally anything else to explain his mental state and it would be better

I thought it was a good visual metaphor for Keaton feeling a lack of general control, and also tying into his lost fame as a superhero character actor.

Finding out that a girl didn't have the attention span for this movie caused me to stop dating her

1) Magical Realism is perhaps the laziest plot device of the last two decades.

2) This shows why Michael Keaton got blackballed out of hollywood. He's an ungrateful ass who bit the hand who fed him. So this role is perfect for him.

3) It's another one of those films where none of the characters have any redeeming qualities.

4) Shits on one of the cooler things with Broadway theater and shits on the audiences who attend the theater.

>best picture winner
>beloved by critics
>commercial success
Yeah man you nailed it, clearly you're an expert on film

it was the most accessible of the Oscar films last year. Nobody wanted to watch a movie about molestation.

The movie fucking sucks, get over it fag

>Michael Keaton
>Blackballed out of Hollywood

Nigga, he's in the next Spider-Man movie.

good point I hadn't thought of that