At qt girls house to do project for this class

>At qt girls house to do project for this class
>Shes playing music, its top 40 music but I don't really give a fuck
>Starts talking about how she has people over to her house a lot and that she hates it when people don't put on music that they like because sometimes she can tell when they are bored of what she is playing
>I wasn't bored, but she asked me to put on a song
>Look at phone
>Literally nothing that she will like
>Loveless is on my phone
>For so long have I thought this is entry level
>Its basically pop music
>I put on I Only Said
>45 seconds of pure awkward silence
>Turn it off
>"Can I just go back to playing my music again user?"
>"Yeah go ahead :)"

Pretty sad because I'm interested in this girl a lot, I don't think I have a chance anymore sadly.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZPGTuidwxm4
youtube.com/watch?v=NLXanFtRSUY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Rip, play I Cum Blood next

I always thought when you sleep was the poppiest song on Loveless.

this, it's just 90's core to most plebs OP

but ffs dude you couldn't have found anything entry level to play for her? I've gotten girls who were only into shit like Lorde to get into shoegaze before nigga, step up and lrn 2 ease them into the 'less mainstream' shit

this. Play Souvlaki if your going to play shoegaze

mac demarco is your best friend in that kind of situation trust me

anything with a lot of dream pop sounds is usually perfect

also this, this fucking this

this happened to me many times. I'm always like "yeah, this should be accessible enough" then i just turn it off min later

MBV really doesnt fit for study mood, but i think its ur best intention to show of your enjoyment of the music so she might pick up on it, instead of looking like a loser who actually cares what she thinks about the thing u played

tldr: if u play something, play it for urself and enjoy fuck the rest

the answer is always the smiths

you deserved this

everybody in these threads is always such a fucking underage faggot holy shit

Wow, that little awkward exchange (that you made awkward by being quiet) and you're already giving up on a girl you like??

Yeah, she's probably not into you because you lack balls between your legs. Literally you presented yourself as pussy. Why would she be interested in you? Jesus fucking Christ get it together.

How old are you btw?

this or bowie

im gonna be 16 this year, why is it relevant? we're talking about music here

rather than just have been silent, you could've said something like "what do you think" or "is this too weird" and you would've resolved the awkwardness by starting a conversation/fun arguement

you need to be 18 to use this site bucko

enjoy your ban you stupid little autist

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

>everyone taking this bait

this guy doesn't even type like OP, OP's a phoneposter most likely

Oh, my bad, I thought what mattered is you and this girl eventually being something...

Of course this is not just about music. Music was just the excuse (it seemed) to connect with this girl but you don't need that. Talk about what you like (which includes the music that you actually like) and if there's no chemistry, move on to the next one.

Probably she's 16 too so she doesn't know what she wants from a guy anyway (if she likes guys)

Honestly, don't even bother with music. Unless you can tell that she's cultured, don't even go there. When it comes to music, choose from what you know are accepted pop songs, preferably ones you like more than dislike. Unless she specifically asks you, that's your taste in music until you're actually in a relationship. You can say this is overly cautions; It's not. Playing experimental shit (and yes, even Loveless can be seen as experimental to normal people) can actually destroy potential relationships. You'd be amazed by the power it can have. So for now just don't fuck around with that.

man i really wanna punch whoever made this post in the face

i bet he smells

Been in a similar situation
I played Jeff Buckley and Neil Young
Got laid

might be pasta but i agree with it

How did I provoke that?

you just sound like a cunt desu

Could be, people are generally offended by me. I actually somehow provoke a lot of emotional outbursts like that in real life, without having said anything in some cases. And sometimes I'll just look at them, like after getting honked on the street or something, and they'll give me this look like they don't even know why they did it, they just hated me. It's not just you is what I'm saying.

my friend was telling me about how he was hanging out with some girls at the mall a couple weeks ago, and he purchased some CD's from a music store. One was Rock and Roll Night Club by Mac Demarco, and the other was Fat Of the Land by The Prodigy. The girls asked him to put on the "crab album", but he decided to do Mac Demarco

pretty sure he made the right decision

this is reddit tier joking but nice

Give me a reason fuckhead.

you're wasting time in a relationship w/o being honest about what kinda music you like. it's rough if it doesn't match up but sometimes you can learn from their music taste and spread your taste to theirs

Should have put on Why Hide by swans and should have just crawled into a ball and sobbed loudly.

One thing I've noticed:
>play some weird ass free improvisation, outsider music, or something strange and dissonant
Wow, this is interesting user
>play something mellow but slightly sad such as loveless
This is kind of sad user, maybe we should play something else

>I Only Said
>Ambient-Noise Rock
>Entry Level
If you want to have stuff that's entry level, try Ulver's The Assassination of Julius Caesar, if it seems like she's a bit into anime try Mass of Fermenting Dregs' World is Yours, or GSY!BE or some future funk.

No no, Anything For You and just looked intensely into her eyes with a death stare until she made him leave

>not putting on bon iver
justin has gotten me laid more times then i care to admit.

Electric Feel is your wingman trust me.

>not keeping a reserve normie-friendly playlist on your phone at all times
I've never had to use it, but it's there just in case

This is why you losers need to let Kanye into your lives.

This. You failed to assert your taste in music, you failed to present yourself as a confident and virile man. You fucked up user, there is no going back. Yesh, its not abou what you play but how you play it.

>not playing cutesy indie pop shit that she would eat up

tfw gay and don't have to deal with shit taste or closed mindedness often

You should have played Mates of State.

What did he post?

you’re a faggot

Judging by context, I didnt get to read it either, OP implied he was underaged and got banned. If ur lurking OP play that bitch some Mates of State, my nigario.

I mean at first don't bother with music. Obviously after you know each other than you can be honest about it, but before the relationship has formed it's really easy to kill it with weird music.

fucking this. It's enjoyable while still pop to the core

This or the Velvet Underground. I've never actually known a girl to dislike the Velvet Underground.

My ex didn't like them. Honestly they still sound experimental today. Though she didn't even like Pale Blue Eyes so maybe it was a matter of taste.

You’re kidding right?

Gays all listen to the same dance music/top 40 shit unless they’re the REALLY artsy type

>Smoking weed with people
>friend asks me to turn on something trippy
>put on black moth super rainbows "eating us"
>They like it, asking me who it was, other than one girl
>girl starts to look uncomfortable and glaring at me
>time passes and she's saying something to the guy beside her
>she's crying
>guy gets up, gets in my face and shoves me making me almost fall over in my chair telling me to turn it off because it was scaring her
>look over and she has tears streaming down her face, eyes wide staring at me, and everyone in the rooms confused
>grab mp3 player, my other shit and leave
Still have no idea what the fuck that was about.

lol noob get on my level

>shotgun during carnaval trip
>everyone listening to top 40 at loudest volume possible going to the beach
>'user, up your playlist at the end of Mc Loma'
>'ok'
>Turn on Mc Kekel (Brazilian funk)
>everybody singing along
>next music was fucking BROJOB
>BROJOB AT A CAR SUBWOOFER
>MAX VOLUME
>user WHAT THE FUCK
>'I-I will change it, it was random'
>Dropped my cellphone behind the front seat because I was shaking

FIRST DAY OF CARNAVAL

what the fuck

that's why I stopped with the weed. People are fucking pricks
now I'm only doing cocaine because at least everybody is not giving any fuck and the music got more insane

I always guessed she didn't like me or want me there (this was at a friends house) and did it for that reason, and the guy was just a white knight thinking he'd get his dick wet. I've always had weird shit like that happen to me in social environments.

>doing data entry years ago
>mostly top 40 radio playing
>boss is cool and lets me play stuff sometimes
>mostly young people, but also this late 60s white couple
>boss is in another room
>put on danny brown XXX
>FUCK A PREGNANT BITCH AND SAVE MONEY ON HER ABORTION
>she absolutely loses her shit halfway through the album and starts screaming at me
>goes to the boss to cry
>she comes back in with him and there's chill reggae on now
>"is this what was playing that upset you?"
>she can't even distinguish between Danny Brown and Reggae and says yes
>he says it's chill and what is she mad about
>she never comes back to work
>her cuck husband apologises to me

i can get that but the crying part is really odd

I hate this kind of people. They used weed as a excuse to get you out the place, right? man, if I was you, next time I would show up and would make a Deep Web No Love playlist only. If they like weed, about her, she's a whore, and he's a slave. Fuck the slave, kill the whore. Snort cocaine. Choose life.

Drop some non-edible gels at her candy.

Sad story my man, but not that heavy. If she's top 40 then she doesn't care that much, just take her to a club one time or act like nothing and if you're gonna talk about weird music be self aware but sure of yourself, like ''i've been listening to this weird bands, like the ones i listen to lol, but it's cool'' and never show it to her unless she asks. This has happened to me before and i realized that people outside don't care about what the fuck you listen too if you are cool. Sometimes it's extra points to be cool and like weird shit, it makes you ''unique''. The word is cool. You should have said something lik ''yeah that's why i wasn't playing any of my music lol''.

It wasn't weed to make me leave, it was just her. I was with my friends at one of their homes. They were people that we kinda/sorta knew and invited over to chill with us.
It wasn't like sniffling or anything either, she was literally crying.

This, you just had to play it like it didn?t matter, like you like that muaic, you know it weird, but you like it and then be cool and talk about something else or the music that she likes. Have some balls and be sure of yourself, laugh at yourself but be assertive that what you like you like.

I literally cannot imagine what it would be like to be alone in a room with a girl for more than 5 minutes.

This guy gets it

this story is fake and a repost

this is why I put drake on my phone

pretend you’re in a room with a short man with a high pitched voice that won’t leave you the fuck alone

yikes

That's weird

If that alone was enough to kill your prospects, you never had a chance anyway.

This, just stop putting girls in a pedestal and think about them for what they are: flawed humans, with the capacity to be idiots too.

percription: mazzy star - fade into you.

Had a similar experience my ex told me she almost decided not to go out with me when I started talking about Current 93

>not playing Hotel Parallax
it's like you want this girl to think you're a pussy

Why didnt you play Gucci Gang OP?

You are dating some lame thots. Why would you even bother with them?

Except when they do leave you alone for the normal amount of time that anyone does.

This

>falling for the mbv meme
stupid twink

Pretty much. My ex wasn't into music like the average Sup Forums goer, but I introduced her to a bunch of shit she ended up loving just by always talking to her about whatever I was listening to, like you would talk to your significant other about your interests just in general.

bad trip

Unless she smoked a lot before hand, I just think she was just looking for attention and being a bitch.

>taking your stuff and leaving just because one girl and guy got pissy
total beta bfs

Yeah, I shouldn't have left, this was 10 years ago though.

Should have played a few songs from Grimes masterpiece Visions or some Purity Ring.

lmao based

Weed doesn't give you a bad trip, idiot.

Good post

>things that are not true

should have fucken rocked the cunt

moral of the story if you're gonna share music with other people have entry level shit on you. take whatever you think is pop and dumb it down 5 times more

Holy shit, you predicted the ban

LARP unless you actively put your self in situations involving sociopaths in which case youre stupid lol

pfft only pathetic people do that, show them something horrible first that make the next thing you show them not sound that bad.

this, it kinda works for me most of the time.

i can even prove it.
>first, 4-10 seconds of this
youtube.com/watch?v=ZPGTuidwxm4
>second
youtube.com/watch?v=NLXanFtRSUY
if it doesn't work, move on.

Next time put on some Weezer and make her realize you're tired of sex unless she's a lesbian japanese schoolgirl.

I like how Sup Forums tries to feel superior to normies because they listen to distorted guitars when if they ever studied with a classically-trained musician qt who put on the Well-Tempered-Clavier they would fall asleep after 15 minutes