Post albums you're certain nobody legitimately enjoys

Post albums you're certain nobody legitimately enjoys

Why don't you think Scaruffi genuinely likes it? :|

you first, OP

I think people just feel sorry for him

I would sooner agree with this than a lot of albums you could have easily posted. But it's at least really interesting, and I enjoy it more than a boring but more conventional album.. which is a lot of them. I bet some people honestly love the album too, considering how you always end up liking stuff you thought was trash when you were a kid and had worse taste once you're older

anything death grips

Nope. 1990 is genuinely one of my favorite albums of all time and has a spiritual vibe i don't catch from many other records.

it's in Scaruffi's essentials

I mean I like it, but I don't legitimately like it.

God, who fucking cares
I felt like that for a while, until I realized I was listening to almost just Jandek. Now I have been still, for years, and he's been my favorite artist for years. It only makes more and more and more sense.

you realise how pretentious that sounds though right? lol.

i think his art is intriguing and the concept is something special, but you have to be kidding yourself to say you actually enjoy listening to "music" played on an aggressively detuned guitar that contains little to no repetition.

even on his earliest material sans outside help his talent for clever arrangements and gift for melody shines through

I don't even know where to begin, there's a ton of repetition and the tuning is deliberate.

do you not even like Walking the Cow? It's got a beautiful melody to it and some good chord progressions.

I genuinely enjoy this album.I really liked the lo-fi quality of it

This is easily enjoyable compared to OP

Wrong

it's just a really creative blues album

Imagine lacking any amount of creativity in a genre like power electronics. Cheap shock value you'd find in a bad slasher movie.

Safe as Milk is a just a creative blues album, pleb. TMR is a masterpiece.

Swans

So bad. Who wants to listen to fucking 30 minute songs?

pretty sure anyone who likes this album is reddit tier

people with taste.

Absolute meme

Lady Sniff is legitimately one of the worst songs to ever be produce by a human

I love all Jandek

go fuck yourself. Butthole Surfers is better than your favorite band.

One of my top 10 albums. Also Yip Jump Music, Don't Be Scared, and 1990

Butthole surfers have at best a couple of good tracks. Their albums have always been a slog to get through

This is one of the most rock and roll albums ever. It's trash rock taken to a level that's too much for most people.

I don't hear it. Just sounds like noise to me

>implying blues albums can't be masterpieces
I agree that it's a masterpiece. You clearly aren't even listening to it though.

It goes past the point of being categorized as blues sweetie

>Who wants to listen to fucking 30 minute songs?
The absolute state of Amerisharts, everyone.

Yeah it's not an easy listen, but definitely not just noise. It's just really dissonant and unwelcoming.

Seconding these
Fuck off and never come back

I like it, man. it's nice if you don't have it at max volume.

Sounds like spraying water on metal.

actually kinda have to agree with this

fuck off cunt it's the best BS album

>sweetie
fag or womeme detected

>I think people just feel sorry for him
i like him because i relate to him

Wonderful pop songs lurking if you have the ability to look past the murk. Even if it’s primitive there’s a lot of emotion in the playing, the clicking of the organ keys. It’s alternately uplifting and heartbreaking and it’s one of the most truly DIY albums ever to reach a wide audience (relatively speaking), it does give hope for everyone that they can touch people with their music even if you’re recording on a boombox.
I mean a major city has a famous mural for it that’s in all their tourism ads it can’t be that difficult to understand

i am legitimately convinced that nobody listens to this for their own enjoyment and use it only to place themselves on some kind of shared precipace because it is literally THE defining peer-approved album for the contemporary wave of progressive thinking

not pictured: telephone, sza, kendrick's tpab, odd future's latest releases, milo, the weeknd's later releases, khalid, grimes' ouvre, and any modern artist who uses their platform as an attempt to holistically change the paradigm of the young impressionable alternate communities.
nota bene; industry plants

echo chamber induced myopia the thread

I enjoy Twin Infinitives, I think it's amazing. Think of it like a mixture of industrial music, krautrock, no wave, noise rock, synth punk, spiritual jazz, and a lot of shit, it's fucking amazing. So go back to listen Radiohead, that shitty band for plebs like you that only expects accesible "experimental" music like Crap A or Shit Computer

fuck these cunts butthole surfers are badass

I sincerely think that only people with something wrong in their heads enjoy harsh noise.
That's as close as I get to that.

Anything by

Kendrick Lamar
Merzbow
Death Grips
Mac Demarco

I enjoy these.

Learn to appreciate experimental music, and quit being so self-centered.

What do you enjoy about Twin Infinitives

It's the ultimate deconstruction of the 90's noise rock scene. Royal Trux managed to strip rock music of nearly all of it's conventions, and create a sprawling 70 minute epic that subsists on attitude and atmosphere alone.

It's hard to appreciate TI from a rockist perspective. It lends itself better once you consider it a noise or free improv piece. I like it because i'm someone who appreciates atonal musical expression.

It's okay to dislike it, of course. That's valid. But to say that other people who like it is merely pretending is incredibly self-centered.