Anyone ever worked at mcdonald's? I'm applying right now and worried about how it will be

Anyone ever worked at mcdonald's? I'm applying right now and worried about how it will be.

I tried once to get a job a Hesburger, but they wouldn't hire me because I didn't go to the army.

Why didn't you go to the army?

I haven't worked there but I know lots of people who have.

It's mediocre, but it's not the worst job in the world. They hire pretty much everyone who applies so don't worry about that.

I went to an interview day there once at 16 and they didn't call me back after. did i just get unlucky?

did you put the right number on your resume?

I had an interview at mcdonald's once
halfway through the manager took a call and was talking about transferring an employee to the store then after she was done she said the interview was over

yes but there was a lot of people there im sure they can't hire everyone.

Possibly. They hire a fuck load of people so most likely they just had too many people at the time. The same thing happend to me at the same age. I was the only person I knew that didn't get hired there after applying

Okay ill apply again.

If I were you I would also throw applications at other places as well. More options you have open the better

I'm scared of interviews that are high-pressure though. I was thinking about lying on my resume but got scared about them finding out.

Most interviews are a joke and are pretty much just to make sure you aren't a total bumbling retard or crack addict.

Just answer honestly and don't stress about it. You aren't being interrogated, the interviewer isn't analyzing you as much as you may think.

But if they ask about somewhere i said i worked and i answer incorrectly they'll know

Then don't lie about anything. It's fucking Mcdonalds dude they know it's the first job a lot of people get, they don't care if you have no work experience.

I worked at KFC once and the guy who was supposed to be """"training"""" me was some guy from Africa who said two things the entire shift. At the end of the shift we had to dump some grease and they gave me these big gloves to do it but he just said "let me do it" (the first thing he said) and picked it up and he slipped and dumped burning hot grease on his hand and up is arm. They do hand bread the chicken though.

But I'm 21 so they'll wonder what the fuck i did for 3 years. Also I was more considering lying to get some callcenter job or maybe be an officefag.

kek

>But I'm 21 so they'll wonder what the fuck i did for 3 years

lmao nah dude don't worry about it like I said they don't give a shit. Unless you are applying for a manager position they don't care. Your experiance is pretty much irrelevant to them when you are doing jobs as easy as you will be doing in there

what about something better though

so far my plan is to work at mcdonalds enough to buy new clothes, get drivers license, maybe a car and then find something better

Well that entirely depends on what kinda job you wanna get.

Mcdonalds isn't the best thing on a resume but it's better than nothing. Your plan of action seems good to me so I would say go for that for now and don't worry about a better job yet until you've worked for at least 6 months

my parents are setting an ultimateum that i must pay them $500 a month most likely soon though. if i work at mcdonalds i will be getting cucked almost for an entire paycheck though

that's why i want to rush it, or move out or something. i have some savings but not sure if it's enough

>i will be getting cucked almost for an entire paycheck though

That's just adult life no matter what, unfortunately. But $500 a month is really fucking steep though holy shit. My buddy's house payments are literally less than half that a month

well if im going to be getting cucked i might as well live on my own terms by moving out. Maybe I'll get a car to live in or move to a new province or something. I'm getting anxious and starting to worry if it'll be too late for me to ever become successful now, though.

Go go one step at a time. Get a job for starters, any job you can, and go from there. It's never too late to turn shit around

I wish you luck, my man

Why the fuck would you ever want to work for Mcdicks?

thank you user... It almost felt like i was having a conversation with a friend

It's fucking shit, you're full retard. You'd better work as a courier or so.
You will be standing on your legs all the day long. You will be allowed to smoke only one time during your shift. No free nutrition. You would have to smile all the time you're working in a counter. You would have to clean shitter if McDonalds is standalone one, not a food court. Here they paid 100 rubles per hour 4 years ago, it was 3$ back then, now it's 1,5$.

They're ironically the best fast food chain to work for.

>Here they paid 100 rubles per hour 4 years ago

jesus christ

It doesn't seem that bad.

At my local mcdonald's most of the employees are girls who are in highschool, and it doesn't really look that bad. Also seems like you get a 50% discount and maybe free food

>starting my job as a grocery store cashier soon
HELP

>not the worst job in the world
what is a worse job?

>Here they paid 100 rubles per hour 4 years ago

Talk about corporate exploitation

damn russian never get a break.

Low-paid physical labour is probably worse

Also the ones near me are all 24/7.

If I get a night shift that would be amazing i think, chill and easy as fuck. could probably post on Sup Forums all night long from my phone.

>It doesn't seem that bad
It is actually. I bet there's plenty of better jobs and there is no reason to work in this shithole.
>At my local mcdonald's most of the employees are girls who are in highschool
Well, in Russia those are mostly either Middle Asian immigrants (mostly girls) or local low class bydlos. Former were better than the latter actually because the latter talked weird shit about drugs, friends being incarcerated and other bydlo shit all the day long, I was really tired about it. I had endured only 1 month of that shit, than I leaved that shitty job and went to construction squad (difficult to explain, but Russian unis hire their students for a summer work in various construction they have, I personally repaired the dormitories and it was way better than McDonalds and was paid really well).

I guess it depends. I'd rather be on a labor site working with red-pilled men than in a fast food kitchen.

>I bet there's plenty of better jobs and there is no reason to work in this shithole.

Like what? I think the biggest benefit of mcdonald's is that there's little to no expectations, so you can't really fuck it up which would probably be good for my self-esteem.
also minimum wage here is $11.40 and going up to $11.60 in october and then eventually $15 in like 2 years

In any case this is only temporary for me, I will eventually move onto something else. I have a few ideas up my sleeve that might finally allow me to leave wagecuckery for ever if they pay off.

>If I get a night shift that would be amazing i think, chill and easy as fuck
Hahaha
What a naive child.
Brace yourself, you'd have to exile hobos, alcoholics and drug addicts who come for heat and sleep. I was in McDonalds at night once, it was horrible, lol. Injectors in a toilet, bydlos drinking vodka secretly, etc. I never worked in a night shift myself though, was there as a visitor.
Construction was better by all means.

i'm unironically too weak and beta to ever do a job like that. Even lifting isn't helping me, despite my lifts going up im still a very weak person who would never be able to cut it doing labour.

>What a naive child.
>Brace yourself, you'd have to exile hobos, alcoholics and drug addicts who come for heat and sleep

Man i don't live in Russia. In my area the average household income is over $120 000.

>Construction was better by all means.

Did you steal things from the construction site? I would do this tbqh seems like you'd make way more than they pay you

>I think the biggest benefit of mcdonald's is that there's little to no expectations
LOOOOOL
Manager would fuck your ass and fine you for everything, m8. They watch meticulously.

I think there are very large cultural differences my man

>there's little to no expectations, so you can't really fuck it up

This is not really true. Don't think that burger flipping is an easy job, those kitchens are extremely hectic, hot, loud, noisy, crowded. You've got shitty co-workers and even shittier customers. I don't know how easy it is to get fired, but it's very easy to fuck something up and when it happens you will get a lot of shit for it.

Well you only have to be slightly less retarded than the most retarded employees there, and given that it's mcdonalds I think the standard is fairly low.

>Did you steal things from the construction site? I would do this tbqh seems like you'd make way more than they pay you
Payment was okay so I didn't, but things were stolen constantly, yes. I worked there for a month and someone stole 2 big drilling machines used to mix plaster and many minor tools. I have heard that in USA workers use their own tools in construction, in Russia it's provided to you by the boss so people steal it often.

I don't know if they do this everywhere, but the McDonalds around here all lock their doors at 12 and only do drive-through.

I'm curious about something, is worksite safety much of a thing on construction sites in Russia? I mean safety officers on site, protective equipment provided by employer, heavy fines for employers that break the rules, stuff like that.

>Here they paid 100 rubles per hour 4 years ago, it was 3$ back then, now it's 1,5$.
>1,5$ per hour

sometimes i understand why russians poster are so depressed

Lol, nothing like that. I worked without helmet, for example. I have never heard about safety officers and so. It's just a common sense. I wore an old jeans suit from 90s because it had hard matter which was difficult to tear. Also I worked with usual gloves like picreleated.

not that guy, but russia has something like that

the company where i work got an administrative case recently which will likely result in a noticeable fine when the local prosecutor's office (prosecutors in russia it's something very weird, they watch for everything like the salary be paid in time and there were licenses and shit etc, they mostly react on complaints, if needed they summon experts from specialized control organs like, say, federal service for surveillance on consumer rights protection etc, whom they control too, and they have the rights to demand any paper on a whim and in a very short term like literally in a couple of hours, they can visit any company personally and nobody can stop them etc, you can imagine how the companies love them, lol), so their guy managed to find some worker who didn't wear his protective helmet. there are instructions, fines, a possibility of the criminal prosecution if the worker dies etc

>russia

Man it's amazing how mcdonalds employees of Canada live a better live than most of russia...

It was a real construction site I guess, I worked in stroyotryad (construction squad) in my uni. I guess it depends on whether it's a big construction company like SU-155 which would be interesting for a prosecutor and so or just a small brigade building dachas.

>I have never heard about safety officers and so

it's called oт и тб, oхpaнa тpyдa и тeхникa бeзoпacнocти and your company 100% had something like that even if they didn't give you gloves and stuff. they also surely made you sign a paper that you were instructed

>smile all the time
how come all fast food people i've bought food from look fucking miserable then? they probably make shit burgers just to spite us here.

applied and was rejected lmao

dunno, imo it doesn't matter where the mcdonalds is, it's a menial and hard job

i work in a small port, we don't even build anything

well if your company is really small than its owner/director was directly responsible and risked a serious fine

why do canadians and most of western euros feel the need to constantly remind us third worlders how shitty our lives are and how rich and successful most of you are?
the funny thing is that australians and finns for example are probably even wealthier on average than you but they almost never do that

Kek. I could sue my uni than, lol.

Not trying to remind you or insult you, it's just an interesting feeling. Somehow my problems feel really insignificant when I look at how other people struggle in the rest of the world.

It just makes things like "tfw no gf" or "tfw job isn't paying me as well as i want it to" really pathetic when people in other parts of the world have to resort to crime or whatever to make a living

Such is life in Russia

woha hey guys

i didn't get why he even linked my post when i gave him an example of the work safety control, i mean prosecutors in russia may be a bit unique but it's a system which works probably since peter the great. specifically the safety of the workers is probably mostly a concern of the aforementioned federal service for surveillance on consumer rights protection and human well being (despite its name they are interested in anything which negatively affects human health, they are mostly sanitary officers and their leader is chief sanitary officer of russia, pic related btw) but some other agencies can be interested too. a company should have somebody who is responsible for instructing the workers, somebody who is responsible for the workers (it's usually the chief engineer or director), should give them the means of individual protection etc. it's often violated ofc, sometimes involuntarily

not gonna lie i didn't even read your post i just assumed you were agreeing with him or adding your own story

lmao

>They hire pretty much everyone who applies so don't worry about that.
They didn't hire me ;_;
Well ok I applied like 4 years ago, got an interview and pussied out of it
Then I applied again some weeks ago and they said they found better candidates
Still never had a job

>tfw was working on a high paying (for Russia of course) IT job from the first day

and I thought russians will cut you for smiling at them

that's illegal's
regards, law professional's

Wtf Russians live life on easy mode

I worked at a fast food place. Not as big of a company, but still popular enough that the kitchen was almost always busy.

You get pretty annoyed with some customers being cunts and just the fact that you cant go any faster. You have to let the food cook while people pile up inside like fucking zombies. McDonalds is a lot busier, but maybe they have more people working and an easier time cooking the food.

Get hired. Learn what you need to learn and transfer to Switzerland or Italy. My friend works for McDs in Genoa, and he make 20 euros an hour. Same for Switzerland.
Hesburger>McDs
I miss the sauce they use!!

How does he speak the language

No way he earns 20e/h

>Learn what you need to learn and transfer to Switzerland or Italy.
This is not how McDonalds works.

did this at a wal-mart for a year and wasn't as terrible as you'd think. you're pretty much constantly talking to people so you can practice some people skills and it can make time go by quicker

>McDs in Genoa, and he make 20 euros an hour
That's bullshit.

t. former Italian fast food employee

It's the worst job I've ever had user, good luck

The same way I learned German. Get a job in the service sector and immerse yourself. I worked in an Irish pub washing glasses and taking orders...3 months later I was at B2 level.
More than one person as told me this. The again, it may be bullshit.