Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7QBFMmIZTVs
youtube.com/watch?v=FD2SfQJOK08
youtube.com/watch?v=TsJ_54WyZ48
youtube.com/watch?v=CJF2lzqeJ4E
youtube.com/watch?v=6ykkikn44sU
youtube.com/watch?v=sEVROLHqI2A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They only have two albums you fucking fag what do you think?

lmao

Skip them and listen to New Order

>skip the band that put out two great records and listen to the singles band that put out a bunch of shitty records

It's pretty easy to not put out shit albums when you kill yourself

>unironically thinking this

They put out a bunch of shit albums. They just called it New Order instead.

New Order is gay as fuck.

Dreadful band

New Order = Joy Division without the authenticity, rawness and emotion

Well the pic that you posted is more for people already listening to joy division, so start off with their greatest hits then see what you like

New Order have good stuff but if you unironically think they're better than Joy Division you're stupid.

I only listen to music for the lyrics. Ian Curtis was more depressed, and therefore more intelligent, than the guy from New Order. Moreover, Blue Monday and other New Order songs were played in clubs. Music that is played in clubs is automatically bad. In conclusion, Joy Division is the greatest band of all time besides Radiohead.

Just get "Heart And Soul".
It's got 99% of everything they recorded plus some live stuff.

New Order may be aloof, but they never lacked rawness or emotion.

You're gay as fuck

Dreadful waste if a human being

what's their best song and why is it love will tear us apart?

That's a funny way of spelling New Dawn Fades.

I've never seen Insight spelled with three separate words

eat shit kid joy division have 2 great albums and new order has at least 3

The world would be a better place if all of you Pitchfork faggots killed yourselves.

>albums are more important than singles
why? new order's substance is a perfect comp

I don't know what's wrong with me I just can't get into Joy Division. I feel so guilty every time I click off a song before it ends. Maybe it's Ian's vocals? I don't know, clearly I have shit taste

>I don't know, clearly I have shit taste
How are you so cucked by Sup Forums's hivemind that not liking a popular thing makes you have self doubt, holy shit. Everyone's taste is individual man, holy shit stop being an insecure 17 year old.

Joy Division never recorded a song half as good as Temptation.

Closer > Unknown Pleasures

youtube.com/watch?v=7QBFMmIZTVs

>bubbtroce
The fuck does this mean?

youtube.com/watch?v=FD2SfQJOK08

she lost control live
best way to get into joy division is to watch them perform.

substance

I'd recommend listening to Factory Records' output as a whole if you are going down the Joy Division route, also make sure to read 24 Hour Party People which you can purchase relatively cheap at a discounted price at HMV or any equivalent (bought a copy for £3.99 there). I wouldn't recommend Touching From a Distance as you can almost feel the sourness emanating from Deborah throughout and I feel like a varying degree of her testimony is more an attempt to bury Curtis' name under the mud for even the most menial reasons - that's not to say that Curtis' actions were exactly reasonable for the most part though she really does seem to cause more trouble than she gives herself credit for. Anyhow, I'd start with the following albums;
>Warsaw - s/t. (47 mins. Punk rock).
>Joy Division - Discography.
>New Order - Discography.

After these or alongside also make sure to listen to the following albums for a brief idea of the local scene and Factory Records at the time;
>A Certain Ratio - The Graveyard and the Ballroom. (45 mins. Post-punk/ Dance-punk). Sample: youtube.com/watch?v=TsJ_54WyZ48
>Buzzcocks - A Different King of Tension. (40 mins. Punk rock). (not Factory though very influential in the local scene). Sample: youtube.com/watch?v=CJF2lzqeJ4E
>The Durutti Column - LC. (67 mins. Art rock/ Dream pop/ Post-punk).
>The Fall - Dragnet. (44 mins. Post-punk) (again not Factory though important locally). Sample: youtube.com/watch?v=6ykkikn44sU
>Section 25 - Always Now. (39 mins. Post-punk). Sample: youtube.com/watch?v=sEVROLHqI2A

Most importantly make sure to enjoy your time, hope that you are having a nice day!

Weird way of writing Decades, are you guys foreign?

unknown pleasures then closure
pretty simple desu