twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i stopped playing instruments when i was 11

he cant beat the dubs of death

stop playing weddings

stop making music a robot could make

reroll

What did he mean by this?
youtube.com/watch?v=lSXxEdaOqgU

>i have no creative talent so i'll develop a smug condescending attitude and rely on gimmicks for attention!

this
reroll

>

But I spent 5 hours playing the same lick! No wonder I can execute mindless uninspired music for the rest of my life!

His music is pretty good tho

'no'

NO its not. The bands he plays with are pure schlock. 4th rate at what they are copying. His solo music is over engineered over though out crap
youtube.com/watch?v=9pci4q4EXOc
Ya I wanna become a "professional" musician like him.

the Want to Want Me reharm, doe
youtube.com/watch?v=vpaVOJPtgyA

>Condescending
Where did you get that from?
>Gimmicks
Like what?

Imagine playing this type of music and thinking you have any right to talk about anything.

Why do you guys hate him so much? Because he knows theory?

Who cares? He's pretty reasonable. It's not like he goes around talking all kinds of shit

I like Adam but wtf is this. I guess a gig's a gig?

I don't understand why people seem to hate him, his videos aren't that bad he's not talking out his ass for every single one. I enjoy some of them studying music theory myself, like theres no one i've heard on Sup Forums make crazy inspiring music or talk much about theory or even get that deep into music or than saying "X album is better than that album"

I feel like half of Sup Forums doesn't even play anything just dudes who listen to music and act elitist

He insists upon himself

>half
you're being way too generous there

i no virtually zero theory and can guarantee my music is better than his

That his absolutely nothing to do with what the user said

So he reversed engineered dirty loops. Are you not understanding the point about him being a soulless smarmy robot? He has no personality. His on air persona is a direct admitted rip off of Michael from Vsauce. The guy is like an alien.
Because he is not genuine and every decision he makes is from his head not his heart. You can see it in everything he says and does right down to why he decided to do his Masters.

This.

Post your music then faggot

>this is what theoryless musicians actually think

>and act elitist
literally what? this board is filled with memerap and trite bandwagon of the month garbage. it's literally the opposite of elitist if anything.

Ben Levin is infinitely better because he is genuine. The guy is so cringey and awkward but you eventually see that he is 100 percent genuine and a real artist trying to express himself as well as share his knowledge.

I don't like that smug self-assured look on his face tbqh

vocaroo.com/i/s0hXZdV37Ugy

>listens to ariel pink once

Oh no no no no no

I had this ringtone on my old nokia

>vocaroo.com/i/s0hXZdV37Ugy
So bad you insta erased?

>Theoryfags take a literal chad meme seriously
Then again getting obsessed over pointless shit is why they picked up theory isn't it?

Have you seen people here talk about music? Never seen those giant quote every post and rate all the albums, talk about how great rap is? Say Zach Hill is the best drummer of all time? It is the opposite of elitist but the posters sure don't act like it

>quote every post
That's usually called not being a lazyposter

clever criticisms

It's as bland and mediocre and as uninspired as Neely's music

There is no movement; that's why I made the joke about it sounding like a ringtone.

okay thanks. i can give up on music now and stop wasting my energy

Good the industry doesn't need more hackery

"No!"

Hi your audio recording is a good example of technology seducing the human ego. Any idiot like you can just slap shit together and claim it as their own. Its like making a collage and calling it a painting, its not. Your audio recording isnt even music.

I will accept legitimate criticisms but you've gone too far. That argument doesn't make any sense considering I can actually play instruments

I don't agree with "infinitely" but yeah, Ben is better.
Have you seen his giant steps lick/solo thing? Shit's beautiful

youtu.be/wjzMEu-6dx0?t=2m51s
for fucks sake cntrl v does NOT mean post

So what you can play instruments? A monkey can bang a drum or pluck a string. Instruments are tools. You did nothing with the technology and tools society has gifted you. Compare yourself to someone like Reggie Watts. That is an example of a mind creating music. You are pleb "discovering" sounds that fit together. A baby learning to speak. Wow baby can play guitar. Well done.

you had me until reggie watts

fucking lmao

hopefully i can get into berklee next semester so i can learn how to do this too

what's funny is that so many non-theoryfags think they're out of this world creative geniuses when really all that's happening is they're writing basic shit (if they actually finish writing anything) and not knowing it.
learning theory is counterintuitively one of the most helpful things you can do to be more experimental while actually sounding nice.

this is tough love from someone who procrastinated learning theory for a long ass time.

What's the point of even having real musicians for this?

Berklee is a joke summer camp. Have you watched their promo videos? Pure cringe. Its the equivalent to the Friday music video. You are paying 10X to get the same information so they can feed your ego with 90's video production. Seriously check out their African drumming ensemble lol. Nothing genuine going on at that shit factory. Go to community college and stay away from berklee retards.

He literally has series called WHY YOUR MUSIC SUCK

Its just about communicating information. I have met so many retards go on and on in their own language using their own terms to explain basic concepts. They are amazed by themselves. Here is a scale I wrote?? The thing is they know subconsciously ignorance is bliss and dont want see that they got nothing going on. Music is a great mirror to see people for what they are. I ve learned a lot about human nature and even the nature of different races by how they approach music, creativity, and most of all WORK. In the end the black pill is there are so many stupid people and many many average people larping as intelligent to prey off the stupid. You can see this in every aspect of life, but something about the pure language of music really trims the fat off of it all.

>Because he is not genuine and every decision he makes is from his head not his heart

In what way tho? Do you just want him to act like pewdiepie or some other meme youtuber? He's clearly enjoying himself while still being serious about his career

>about his career
WHAT CAREER????????????????

>but something about the pure language of music really trims the fat off of it all.

how exactly? most great music is fairly simple theory wise. melody for example is something that doesn't require a great amount of theory just a natural ear. most theory fags get off on the idea that they've hacked music. but they haven't they're just focusing on one aspect and disregarding everything else.

lmao what a fucking spud

Are you Adam Neeley asking me how you should act? Because I wouldnt be suprised if you were, it would sum up the point Im making. Maybe you have autism and cant pick up on people being sincere. The guy is a phony. You can smell it all over him. If you dont see it you are the problem. Just listen to the way he speaks in his videos. He is a fake.

This. I was making music at 16 and only in the last couple years I stopped sounding like a retard because I finally humbled myself and a) trained my ear and b) learned all kinds of theory. Now I'm in my mid twenties and really regret falling for the snowflake school of resentment bullshit.

who hurt you

I don't even understand why someone like neely is attracted to music. people with his temperament are suited to jobs like an officer in the military. diligent and a practical perfectionist. I just don't see the point

Im talking about interacting with other human musicians spego, not the music its self you autist. Fuck, you guys are real loners eh? Your default lens of receiving information is not framed around regular healthy people. How the hell did you get that message from what I wrote? Its not about the source information user, its about how the information is presented. Do you even consider performance when absorbing music? How many of you guys are this retarded?

the music is all that matters.

How hard was it to listen and train you ear? It's not our fault you were a fucking retard.

I like his content, I feel like it isn't pretentious to make educational videos about music theory. His why you suck at music videos are often insightful and polite.

Musicians, even great ones come in all varieties of personality. Schoenberg had that perfectionist tendency in spades.

You do realize most great musicians are diligent and perfectionist. Maybe stop listening to meme rap

He is not an artistic person. He probably showed a talent and was in a competitive environment which triggered his autism. The guy is technically a beast. You cant be that good without doing the whiplash thing. He is in the category of music as sport. Its just a game with set rules for him to master. He has all the right opinions. You can see this in his political views. I think he is most likely a psychopath to be honest. Everything about his is calculated. Nothing inspiring. He is the Patrick Bateman of Bass.

Yes but in their own creations

>He is the Patrick Bateman of Bass.
im meming this

I mean, he majored in music. But his career is as an informative youtuber more than a musical entertainer. He's perfect at what he does. People only hate him if they lack the discipline for theory but their music "somehow" isn't getting any exposure.

my mom

Not hard at all but I had to wake up and realize that basically my entire cultural milieu was completely fucked on all matters related to aesthetics.

No all that matters is procreating to carry your genes and ideas into the future. Music is just part of the game. You are autistic and actually abusing music. I dont think you are even worthy of it. You are basically wearing another mans worth over you like a mask to subconsciously present yourself as something you are not, a person worth procreating with.

No, I mean that Schoenberg wouldn't even leave the house without an itinerary. If I meant perfectionist in terms of just the music I could have picked other composers.

How to not suck at music and it's for beginners who are looking for advice

CAREER as an informative youtuber lol.

>the only way someone can be good at something is if they're autistic or a psychopath

you probably just suck ass at whatever you do

GOT EM

the only thing that inspires neely is clearly that he just wants to be better than others

think about it like this. would he love music if he was the only person left on the planet?

Do you actually not know how youtube pays its content creators in 2019 AD?

t. Patrick Bateman of whatever you do

Just imagine how much more you could accomplish with at least a basic understanding of theory, such a waste to not seek all knowledge to improve yourself

Well you obviously suck at reading comprehension. To achieve his level of technical proficiency you must do the 4 hour a day wood shed routine for a few years. No one said you need to be autistic to actually do it. Also, I didnt ever claim he was good. Ive been arguing that he is void of creativity and inspiration. You are cherry picking or simple a stupid guy who doesnt process information. Maybe you are too busy arguing with yourself internally? This is just a discussion about Adam Neely. Has nothing to do with me or you.

And why are you getting all defensive anyway? I was agreeing with you. I admitted that I was a retard. What the hell do you want from me?

I should also clarify that I knew I was fucked for a few years and gave up trying to make music and then eventually I realized that my level of skill didn't matter because I didn't have a choice but to throw myself at the wall, since there was nothing more suitable to do with my time. And even just saying this made it true.

Adam, I know you're in this thread. Show yourself.

Hello Adam Neely here AMA

Its one thing not to KNOW theory but it seems you don't KNOW anything.

I do, but I assume you are just gushing to tell the whole thread, so be my guest, and then maybe we can revisit the actual point that it is hilarious to consider posting Youtube videos as a career after dropping 100k on a prestigious education.

Can you stop pretending that all eras of all genres are worth listening to?

Why do they call you the Patrick Bateman of Bass?

is he our new fantano

I don't know the actual stats, but I think those guys make a ton of cash. Had you heard otherwise? It's not hilarious if you're breaking even. It might be "hilarious" if you're trying to hide those tears though.

You could try helping out at a soup kitchen, you lazy faggot