Was Eminem ever really good or was he just edgy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rJOsjP33nF4
youtube.com/watch?v=N9phCHjI6cI
youtube.com/watch?v=FaV9CY0fFDs
youtube.com/watch?v=XExCZiXP3MM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parents_Music_Resource_Center
youtube.com/watch?v=buh99FnKacM
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=2ko2VXpW7_g
youtube.com/watch?v=PVtqT7wjpYI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Slim Shady era was patrician. Only good rapper from Detroit.

He had a few shining moments like Stan and Bitch Please 2 but for the most part, just edge.

SSLP and MMLP1 are good albums. Eminem Show is somewhat passable. Everything after that is complete fucking garbage.

There are some undiscovered gems on the album he did with Royce, "Hell: The Sequel"

youtube.com/watch?v=rJOsjP33nF4

Eminem was never good.

Just edgy, from a time when linkin park and limp bizkit where the alternative

You can tell babies are posting by their denial that this music was ever targeted at anyone over 15. He had the linkin park my parents and the world doesnt understand me appeal with colourful upbeat tracks and videos sprinkled in. It was bubble gum. It was always an act and still is. You think this man had no idea that Elton John was gay? He played you all. He never had shame so this current backlash is nothing to him. He sucked his pecker and took his oath long ago.

My biggest fantasy is a world where Eminem and Bob Dylan are both diehard conservatives in 2016 and they team up to do the Donald Trump inauguration performance

He was literally never good

>patrician
lol ok use that word to make yourself feel better

This is what brainwashing accomplishes. You live in a world that worships false idols.

This. Adults at the time hated him.

literally only good Em album

W R O N G
R
O
N
G

N
O
R
N O R W

i put this on while tripping on 2 hits of acid and the opening skit had me cracking up so fucking hard

Infinite was good.

You should kill yourself just for that fantasy.

>danny brown
>poser sighted

youtube.com/watch?v=N9phCHjI6cI
This is what Em looked like to anyone over 15 in 2000.

Stan is fucking trash that white girls in their early twenties listen too.
wew lad undiscovered? how old are you, 13? That shit was on the radio everyday

>plays the radio
get out of Sup Forums

is there a gayer track than i need a doctor?

Edgy and good for his time. Shocked the hell out of a lot of people in his early days.

I was 17 when that shit dropped fool, in other peoples cars. I did not have say on what got played, I was merely there for the ride. Also, not a counterpoint

When em got big this was the late 90's early 2000's which was when gangsta rap was at the beginning of running out of steam and rap was like late 90's no limit pen and pixel make em say UHHHHH rap.

So i guess he was different and appealed to edgy white kids

"hi kids, do you like violence"

Children are not really people. No one was shocked by a clean cut white man singing to the kids. Jake Paul is more shocking. youtube.com/watch?v=N9phCHjI6cI

His best album is Infinite. He could never top that.

he was good, compared to what passes as good these days hell i'd say he was excellent.
Don't do drugs or sign a major record label kids

Bagpipes from Baghdad is the shit

youtube.com/watch?v=FaV9CY0fFDs

>compared to what passes as good these days

terrible taste, stay wide awake is GOAT

youtube.com/watch?v=XExCZiXP3MM

man i dont think you realize how fucking insane soccer moms are.

If there is two types of music your white suburban mom hates its metal and rap

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parents_Music_Resource_Center

>The Parents Music Resource Center (PMRC) was an American committee formed in 1985 with the stated goal of increasing parental control over the access of children to music deemed to have violent, drug-related or sexual themes via labeling albums with Parental Advisory stickers. The committee was founded by four women: Tipper Gore, wife of Senator and later Vice President Al Gore; Susan Baker, wife of Treasury Secretary James Baker; Pam Howar, wife of Washington realtor Raymond Howar; and Sally Nevius, wife of former Washington City Council Chairman John Nevius. They were known as the "Washington Wives" – a reference to their husbands' connections with government in the Washington, D.C. area. The PMRC eventually grew to include 22 participants before shutting down in the mid-to-late 1990s.

Actually a lot of people were, there was even record stores that wouldn't carry his music. I bet you weren't even alive to remember, or were too young.

Square Dance unique and underappreciated
youtube.com/watch?v=buh99FnKacM

I stopped having respect for Eminem after he Dissed President Donald Trump.

What a pathetic move just to get fans or persuade the opinion of his fans.

Than he said that he was embarrassed to be white.

Pathetic.

It shows how completely he's lost it. Old good Eminem would have embraced Trump just in order to bathe in the resulting liberal tears

His music is nothing, but non-sense rhymes spoke fast.

He was the best. Completely outshone Jay-Z in Renegade even though Jay was also in top form there. Anyone who dissed him got completely murdered. When he was beefing was when he was at his best. His dis tracks were fucking serious.

Jewish marketing. Nothing sells an album like controversy. Wake up fags. Again he pretended to not know Elton John was a fag. Its all an act. Everyone you know about had a min 100k investment put behind them. Thats the cost to run a promotional campaign. A few of you out there may actually be talented, so if you ever question why you didnt have success take comfort in knowing its a club, and you are not a member of it. Politics and Entertainment are a global monopoly designed to corrupt children.

Exactly, He was dissin' the liberal(including hillary clinton). now he is for them?
wtf?

Dude.
I dont know how old you are but things were insane back then.
Now mind you this was the fucking democrats, not the republicans.

>In addition, Dr. Joe Stuessy, a music professor at the University of Texas at San Antonio, spoke regarding the power of music to influence behavior. He argued that heavy metal was different from earlier forms of music such as jazz and rock and roll because it was "church music" and "had as one of its central elements the element of hatred." Dr. Paul King, a child and adolescent psychiatrist, testified on the deification of heavy metal musicians, and to the presentation of heavy metal as a religion. He also stated that "many" adolescents read deeply into song lyrics.

>Susan Baker testified that "There certainly are many causes for these ills in our society, but it is our contention that the pervasive messages aimed at children which promote and glorify suicide, rape, sadomasochism, and so on, have to be numbered among the contributing factors." Tipper Gore asked record companies to voluntarily "plac[e] a warning label on music products inappropriate for younger children due to explicit sexual or violent lyrics."

eminem went hard against bush though

was bush a liberal?

Are you gonna keep copying and pasting your governments propaganda? youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=2ko2VXpW7_g
People singing about sucking and fucking since the dawn of time retard. You know Heavy Metal music isnt very anti government. They made fantasy music taboo so the youth were attracted to fantasy music. The forbidden fruit is the oldest marketing trick in the book. Metal listeners are reclusive, defeatist stoner drop outs. Funny how Hip Hop became all about bullshit and bling around the same time too eh bud?

He's one of those figures that I never liked his music, but he commands some respect because rappers before him like Tupac and Biggie were the biggest names in hip-hop but Em was one of the first rappers to, at one point, be the biggest name in pop music. Hell I've seen so many people say how the only rapper they'd listen to is Eminem.

It was probably the biggest way of helping me understand white privilege existed. Especially with the whole anti-trump thing, he was so late to that train but got so much credit for calling him out despite YG doing it so much earlier and more effectively.

>It was probably the biggest way of helping me understand white privilege existed

holy shit fucking kill yourself

Eminem is one of the best ever you retarded teenagers

youtube.com/watch?v=PVtqT7wjpYI

lol trump doesnt even acknowledge eminem, its one of the funniest running gags of this season of trump