Apparently a lot of people pretend to like this piece of shit, fucking why?

Apparently a lot of people pretend to like this piece of shit, fucking why?

because there were no lobsters

because it's kino

It's pretty good. It's a nice metaphor for the way relationships work. Even had a couple of jokes.

there is a strange need to see Colin succeed so any minor glimpse of quality is overstated

It was great, it felt like Black Mirror turned up to 11 but actually good
We need more absurd black comedies and seeing the polarising views it seems like a pretty effective pleb filter.

>comedy
aren't comedies supposed to be intentionally funny

Great
>Premise
>Cast
>Cinematography
>Score
>Use of subtle comedy

Also it's so absurd that you really don't know what to expect next. One of the best movies of 2016

Sorry nobody slipped on a fucking banana peel. Maybe Ted 2 is more your speed.

>pretend
what made me hate it was the end when the assburger digs his eyes out so he and the ugly slut could be the same
i mean who the hell could do such a thing just for someone they love

I'd have to disagree about the premise. The premise exists entirely to serve the allegory, but on a human level can easily break your suspension of disbelief because there's really no reason why people wouldn't just immediately pair up and fake it.

It was good but nowhere near as good as Dogtooth

He almost certainly didn't do it though. He found his limit just as she did when she bemoaned the fact that they didn't make him blind instead of her.

>he doesn't understand subtle comedy without a laughing track

Stick to capeshit kiddo

It's not clear if he did it or not though, so I guess you don't hate it after all. Congratulations

They are the same people who think flicks like Magnolia and Rushmore are good.

Boring as fuck. Not enough action scenes. Would've been okay if they made the hunt more badass.

People just pretend to like it to look smart.

People can do weird shit when society pressures them into it. I mean I don't find it believable that someone would shoot self in the head, but people actually do it. I don't find it believable that someone would marry a woman voluntarily, but that happens as well. When choosing between suffering and not conforming to society, people often choose suffering. It's weird

It is too long and slow, true. Could've cut out a bunch of stuff without really losing anything.

In Bruges is a genuinely decent film though.

What's so good about dogtooth more tits?

why do pretentious faggots like this exist, do they really think it makes them better than others to pretend to like retarded shit like this, look at these faggots in this thread, disgusting. I'm 100% certain they're all homosexuals.

Much better execution, cinematography, and the stilted dialogue actually makes sense there

Not sure. Apparently it appeals to the numale audience.

I live next to the park where he tries to shoot himself.

Great movie and Bruges is definitely not a shithole.

I thought parts of it were hilarious. It's super absurd but definitely loses its momentum. My gf didn't like it at all

Probably people do pair up and fake it, most of them at least.
Is probably one of the points.

Jesus Christ guys I hate to be the guy to do this, but this movie is fucking baby-tier try-hard arthouse for plebs.

It's one of the most transparently pretentious movies I've ever seen. Half of it is overladen with a soundtrack that NEVER STOPS and you drown out after a while. The movie is overlong and self-important. All the jokes I can recognize as jokes but they aren't very funny. I gave a few obligatory forced chuckles just because I watched it with my friends and we all knew it sucked but we tried to make the best of it.

It's just no good. There are plenty of films that do the "monotone, desensitized, emotionless black comedy" shtick better. This was like a parody of Sundance selections.

It blows my mind that people have such love for this one; one of the more boring attempts at being profound I've ever seen.

>I hate to be the guy to do this

No you don't, you love to be 'that guy'.

>we all knew it sucked but we tried to make the best of it.

wow user teach me how to be cool like you and your friends you fucking normie

I liked the humor, the score, the acting, the premise and especially the ending. Thought the ending was great.

My only problem with the movie is that it goes on for too long and scenes are drawn out. It really gets boring and you just want them to get on with the story.

They don't really love it, they are pretending. Next week they will love something else.

>The movie is overlong and self-important
IT INSISTS UPON ITSELF

this. shots are ordinary, the slow-mo is awful and dissonant, and that string music is horrendous. aside from that really, it's not even -bad-, it's just so mediocre.

How pleb are you that you think a teen movie is try-hard arthouse?

it felt like it was being intentionally non-conformist and it pissed me off for that reason.

yeah the movie kinda "breaks" during half time (when he starts living in the woods if I remember correctly). It loses it's tempo and I got kinda bored although I still found it interesting.

Could've been 10/10 if it wasn't for that.

>Not enough action scenes
maximum plebian. KYS

i love when people call this """""""""""film""""""""""" """""""""""kino"""""""""". it makes me cackle. it's a horrible film that is entirely convinced of its own cleverness. god save u Sup Forums

I loved it. Unique concept and all the performances were really good. The stiff, awkward, autistic attitude everyone has was really amusing.

I feel it wasn't really a "comedy" like one might think, it's more a romantic drama sprinkled with absurdist humor. I got a real 'Her' vibe from it, which had its own funny scenes.

It's not for everyone, user.

It's literally no singles policy: the kino, if you didn't like it you don't belong here.

I agree with this.

Yes, my point exactly.