Someone from 1983 inexplicably materializes in the lobby of a present-day theater

Someone from 1983 inexplicably materializes in the lobby of a present-day theater.

They've just seen Return of the Jedi, and although they thought the Ewoks were a little iffy, they loved the movie and the rest of the trilogy overall.

What do you say to them?

Cherish this feeling you have. It'll all come crashing down in 1999

jar jar binx is a sithlord.

got any crabs legs left?

The Cubs won the World Series.

"they blew up the towers so now everyone hates muslims, except for whiny liberals. the hollywood elite refuses to say one way or the other cause they're bound by their liberal audience but also happen to be a group that despises muslims. it might sound weird that the group that controls the media and is incredibly biased and hates muslims is for some reason convincing everyone else to suspend judgment, but it totally makes sense"

Would you like some aids?

Run back to your own time. Everything has gone to hell.

BUT ROTJ WAS THE BAD ONE. KEVIN SMITH TOLD ME SO. LOL TEDDY BEARS, IT'S NOT EVEN DARK.

>some jewish people were responsible for the communist revolution
>so we should genocide them all

fucking Sup Forums, everytime

I never quite got the Ewok hate. It's not like the Ewoks themselves actually defeated the troops. They basically just served as a distraction and cannon fodder. They got BTFO, even if their traps successfully took down a few walkers. What won the mission was Chewie commandeering a walker, along with Leia/Han hacking the door and getting into the base.

The actual problem with ROTJ is its narrative structure. You essentially have two separate stories crammed back-to-back within the same movie. First story is rescuing Han from Jabba, and the second story is Endor. And you can't just chalk up the Jabba sequence as a 007-like opening act, because it's far longer than that. The Jabba sequence is very satisfying, but it results in a movie that doesn't give enough time to Endor, which is the "main" plot of the movie, leaving it sort of half-baked.

>#notalljews

Cherish George Lucas as long as you can.
After he's gone, it'll get worse.

Jar jar is the key to all of this. In due time, you'll come to understand as I do.

>The actual problem with ROTJ is its narrative structure. You essentially have two separate stories crammed back-to-back within the same movie. First story is rescuing Han from Jabba, and the second story is Endor. And you can't just chalk up the Jabba sequence as a 007-like opening act, because it's far longer than that. The Jabba sequence is very satisfying, but it results in a movie that doesn't give enough time to Endor, which is the "main" plot of the movie, leaving it sort of half-baked.

Not only that, but the struggle and story of Luke turned out to be largely inconsequential to the battles and efforts outside. This on its own may not be that problematic, but when taken together with the stuff you mentioned, it makes the film seem disjointed.

You would think they'd get the message by this point

Nope, they get kicked out of every place they've ever been, but the problem is clearly with everyone else.

Yeah, that's another issue. The Vader/Luke/Sheev part is probably the highpoint of the film, but it's still largely inconsequential. Let's say Vader won. Or let's say Sheev successfully turned Luke to the dark side. It wouldn't have changed anything. The rebels still would've blown up the deathstar

>character development and resolution is bad

I mean, if I got kicked out of one (1) nightclub, I might be able to chalk that up to some sort of misunderstanding or maybe the security guy was an asshole or something. But if I got kicked out of 100 nightclubs? I would find the problem in the mirror.

That's not what anyone said. The point is that this scene comes off as being the most pivotal thing, when in terms of the story it would change very little either way. The point is that it's disjointed. Not that character development is bad.

>Communist
>Revolution

Pick one

>You're a big guy

narwhals bacon at....

They would've escaped though, just as Luke escaped. The Empire would have survived under their leadership, presumably.

Correct. But the point being that the Vader/Luke/Sheev story is completely separate from the rest of the "rebels trying to destroy the deathstar" plot. That's what makes it disjointed.

I agree with that yeah. It was not as well thought out as say Empire or Hope. It still works, but it could've been a lot better and more fluid.

the whole point of what luke did was to make sure he took vader and the emperor down, even if it meant blowing up with the death star

"soon i'll be dead, and you along with me."

"you have to go back"