Why do people think he didn't get killed in the finale?

Why do people think he didn't get killed in the finale?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Cd9OsHsLJ28
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because it was left open ended?

He wasn't going to a fed SPRMX for life.

It's pretty clear & implied what happened to him

>"It wasn't shown on screen so I can't decide for myself that it happened because I didn't see it and the writer/director didn't explicitly explain it to me and I missed all of the 9999 hints and all the unstubtle foreshadowing that suggests that Tony would die and I can't understand the visual medium so my favorite show is Breaking Bad"

hyperbole but pretty much true. The implication is so incredibly clear that I don't know how you could reach any other conclusion. The only real argument against it is "I didn't see it so it didn't happen hehe". The ending is only ambiguous IF you didn't pay attention to anything in the last season at all.

It was left open for a reason, there are only a few situations where this happens in the entire series, and they're all well handed.

Because he didn't.
We never saw him get killed.

This. The usual argument
>he will live in fear his whole life durr
is retarded cause we watched how the mob operates in the show and it was nothing like this.

>thinking Adriana is still alive
ur retard

The FACT is we never see Tony getting whacked. If you claim someone killed Tony, you need to be able to support your claim with an argument, a proof, which you can't. You simply - CAN'T. Hence it's pure fan-fiction if you say somebody killed him, because we don't see it.

>but muh 3 o'clock
>but muh butthurt lost meme bro of Eugene
>but muh you never hear it coming gimmick
>but muh Godfather homage
>but muh implications

Sod off, filthy underage reditors with your silly theories, eat shit.

On the other side, we who say Tony didn't die don't have to support our claims simply because we don't have to - Tony was alive the last time we saw him. Prove us wrong, fanooks.

MOJ guy was no one. He just happened to be there. The MO jacket he's wearing and frog-tier face are visual devices that tell us he's either connected or made. He knows about Tony, hence the interest.

Storytelling-wise, why is he at Holsten's during the last scene of the show? Well, for the same reason kangz, truck drivers, boy scouts, young couple, regular Joes etc. are at Holsten's: Made in America, they represent Tony's life, both easy and uneasy. The 3 o'clock Godfather meme is just that - a meme. Because if MO guy wanted to ice Tone, he'd do that right away, without leaving his fingerprints all over the coffee mug and dozens of eye-witnesses.

DON'T STOP!

It's a fact that they established the you never hear it coming thing like 3 times in the last season. It's also a fact that the last scene is composed in a way that the "black screen" is from Tonys POV.

Also you can't argue like this when interpreting art, this is not formal logic. If you denounce one interpretation you need to come up with a better one and literally all the alternatives are fucking retardedly denying what this show was about.

>muh black POV shot

Come on.

You love your fan-fiction, I see. The scene is not a true POV, because otherwise we'd see Meadow entering the door right before the black screen.

RIMSHOT!

The whole scene is composed in a certain way. It's not just one shot but the whole scene. Including Meadow, the music etc. Saying that Tony didn't not die fail to explain why this was shot the way it was shot.

>be chase
>don't want to write an ending
>make last season twice as long
>still no build up for ending
>two options left
>kill tony for a shitty what happens then ending
>let tony live for a shitty life goes on ending
>instead put your hack cells to maximum overdrive
>great hack idea comes up
>take both endings and none of the blame
>fags will be discussing it 10 years from now
>collect awards

gimme one thousand dollars

He looks up. Next scene would be/is POV but he is dead so the screen is black. It's really simple.

>still no build up for ending
>this is what plebs actually believe

>but he is dead

Proof?

>inb4 muh art

gr8 b8 m8

arguments: 0

>>but he is not dead
Let's say he is not dead. Tell me the purpose of the diner scene.

she could be

It's amazing how no one evem talk s ablut Brealing Bad or even Mad Men anymore, but the Sopranos can still be a hot topic 10 years on.

Just goes to show how it's a step above the rest.

We have been over this. Before.
youtube.com/watch?v=Cd9OsHsLJ28

Remember the conversation about the boxers? That singlehandedly makes the entire argument about whether he's alive or dead moot.

She also could be with Space Aliens fighting the Chinese to prevent the holocaust. I mean we did not see it not happening so it's possible!

>tony's life is pretty good
>always gonna be 1 second away from possible death

>clear
>implied

Whether Tony was killed is debatable. The fact is his life as the viewers know it is over. Either he's killed in the diner, he goes to prison, or they kill him later. Showing what actually happens would have been less emotional of a finale.

>literally "Made in America!"
>dinner with family
>having good time
>but there are still problems everywhere, such is life
>win some, lose some
>subtle dread of impending doom
>whether it's Carlo's testimony or a hitjob, that day could come
>but not for now
>the music checks-in

RIMSHOT! Chase hates conclusions, why would he kill Tony just like that?

>>always gonna be 1 second away from possible death
And this is why I doubt you grasped the show. This is simply not what the show wanted to convey.
Yeah but that whole arc was more about a "philosophical" contemplation about life and death.
So your thesis is that Tony is basically Schrödinger's cat? (not even teasing you)

>RIMSHOT
>repeating speech patterns
you are autistic. I will stop responding to you.

>I will stop responding to you.

Thank you. Go back to your fan-fictioning.

Filtered.

The thesis is that throughout the course of a series so filled with ambiguity, anti-climax and unfulfilled plots, whether or not Tony died and even Tony's entitre journey is ultimately irrelevant. It will end badly for him, whether it be through jail or .45 caliber aspirin to the back of the head, he won't know when and neither will we because that's just life. Everything Livia said is right, it's all a big nothing.

Season one he tells AJ to remember the good times, when AJ brings it up again against the end he can't even remember he said it. It's just an ironic, bleak and pessimistic ending that's so nihilistic that it doesn't give the satisfaction of portraying something as concrete as death.

>anti-climax and unfulfilled plots,
Back those up, tripfag.

I disagree. The show worked through ALL possible endings for a mob boss. Except one: Getting clipped in public. Every other version would be a repetition.

I concede though that you make some good points. Probably the best I ever read here against the Tony-dead-interpretation. I am still leaning strongly towards my original interpretation mostly because of the points raised in the last season and the last scene.

Richie Aprile about to make a move and then getting killed by Janice of all people.
Tony and Paulie's road trip
The meme Russian
The FBI and the lamp
Melfi's rape

The series continually refuses to give pleb-friendly conclusions the plot lines and events, and with how many people wanted to see Tony die at the end, it's the biggest, most intelligent fuck you of them all.
That's a possibility, but you've got to remember these are just mobsters talking, their word on life and death isn't gospel any more than the guy in the hospital's was. Though outsiders in the show often are used to demonstrate paradigm-shifting viewpoints or ideas, like the Jewish therapist or the Starbucks employees who literally can't get robbed.

Plus, never put it beyond David Chase to put in clues and then subvert them, he got a lot more intelligent with his storytelling and depressed as the series went on.

>Plus, never put it beyond David Chase to put in clues and then subvert them, he got a lot more intelligent with his storytelling and depressed as the series went on.
Which is also an argument against your interpretation.

Exactly.