What does Sup Forums think?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0rs5uTYplH0
youtube.com/watch?v=0jiGOOBVxUk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fucking Griffith apologists

get that shit outta here

Nobody is apologizing for anything, gutsfags

I'd argue the best villains are the awful little weasels that you just want to see brought down.

Someone like Luther in The Warriors who's motivation for killing Cyrus and blaming The Warriors is literally "no reason, I just like doing stuff like that". Talks a big game and then turns into snivelling coward once the odds tip against him.

Or El Indio in For a Few Dollars More. The final duel wouldn't be nearly as satisfying if he wasn't such a irredeemable arsehole.

Trying to make a villain sympathetic or relatable so often backfires and the audience ends up empathising with them to the point that their defeat isn't satisfying.

It's more about the delivery than the motivations themselves

this

Besides the fact Berserk will never be finished in our lifetimes, it's pretty heavily implied he's meant to bring about the end of the world and means to turn it into a hellish apocalyptic nightmare. Even before then his only motivation was a selfish desire to become king which lead to him fucking over the very people that dedicated their lives to him and had just rescued him from a fate worse than death caused to his own retarded actions.

That said, Berserk has turned into your standard Dragonball Z/Bleach clone shit now that it has power levels and harem garbage

> it's pretty heavily implied he's meant to bring about the end of the world and means to turn it into a hellish apocalyptic nightmar

Evidence?

>Berserk has turned into your standard Dragonball Z/Bleach clone shit now that it has power levels and harem gar

Fuck off muh revenge fag

Swap mid and high and I agree completely

Good stories don't have "villains" in them.

who is that in elder god tier ?

Why does Griffth look like a girl?

Are they still on the boat?

>Shit tier
>Villians who just lust for power

This describes Griffith perfectly

He created heaven on earth though

Griffith from Berserk

I CANNOT BE CAGED.
I CANNOT BE CONTROLLED.
KNOW THIS AS YOU DIE. EVER PATHETIC, EVER FOOLS.

>Elder God villian
>Gets btfo by a twink side character

And made everywhere else hell on earth.

Griffith didn't really care what Rickert did, he was a little disappointed

Not like it was really great to begin with, it was just a little bit less obvious that monsters existed.

Rickert is Time's Greatest Hero.

The fuck was his problem?

Why are they tiered? They're different classifications.

>Great tier
This is just a tragic villain, they're pretty plain unless they're written well.

>High tier
Revenge shit is almost always boring, should be at the bottom.

>Mid tier
The conflict in nature between what a villain sees as reasonable and what a human sees as reasonable is a cool idea to explore. Should definitely be higher.

>Meh tier
Neither Joker or Hannibal have mysterious motives, the former just wants to cause chaos and be a dick, the latter is usually trying to explore human psychology (unless he's hungry).

>Shit tier
All villains lust for power, they just dress it up a little better. Also I would say the villain(s) in Dragon Age Origins are much more complex.

>I haven't actually read Berserk

>Implying this isn't all part of his masterplan

>I don't actually understand Berserk

Stop posting this on every board every day. Kill yourself.

We can have the same thread every day, you realize this, right? Why do fags think themselves cleaver to notice they've seen a thread before, or even every day?

>monsters from people's nightmares now run rampant on Earth killing everything that lies outside the walls of the capitol city
>blood-thirsty demons that wish to devour humans also live within the walls but are kept preoccupied with blood sports
>heaven on Earth

>muh dream

Griffithfags pls go

haha Griffith did nothing wrong

tfw to smart for anime and video games

>blood-thirsty demons that wish to devour humans also live within the walls but are kept preoccupied with blood sports

Those demons existed before Griffith did anything, and you can thank skull knight for ushering in the real craziness.

Half the shit on there is Sup Forums-tier the rest is weeb trash.
>>>/reddit/

No they finally reached Narnia

Who could ever possible conceive that a rouge demon would use stitched up living demons and amniotic fluid of women to re-demonize himself into a giant monster and an tear in the fabric of reality caused by using your inter-dimensional wraith sword made from the magic rocks created by meta-physical beings would be used to open a portal into the afterlife causing the imaginary monsters of humans to flood the real world?

The author doesn't even explain how any of that shit happened our how Griffith would know that would happen

>Griffith is a villian

Lmao I bet you think Guts is the good guy too

How much you want to bet Casca's going to think Guts raped her and forget about the demon child/moonlight boy before running off to Griffith's side then slowly realizing he's the monster the raped her and killed all their comrades?

Griffith is literally Satan now. Guts isn't a good guy, he just wants revenge and to protect Casca, but he's beginning to become a good guy thanks to Yamcha, Krillian, Bulma, Vageta, and Piccolo helping him fight the influence of Hollow Ichigo

>>monsters from people's nightmares now run rampant on Earth killing everything that lies outside the walls of the capitol city
This is necessary to unify all people in the world.
They are still humans, so they belong in Griffith's new world. But now they aren't just outcasts but part of the new better society.

Griffith is a parody(?) of Jesus.

Yeah, let's see how long this last before the people of Falconia become another sacrifice or some shit.

Humans used to be in control of their own fate, now just as many die from being monster fodder while under the enslavement of Satan

>humans used to be in control of their own fate
Except the main theme in Berserk is how humans were never in control of their own fate.

youtube.com/watch?v=0rs5uTYplH0

I agree with you on Luther, but watch The Warriors again. He had a motive.

"The single biggest mistake writers make when creating characters is that they think of the hero all the other characters as separate individuals... The result is not only a weak hero but also cardboard opponents and minor characters who are even weaker."

A good character, villain or not, is supposed to add to the story, nothing more, nothing less, and should demonstrate an aspect of the work's theme.

>Berserk 2016

What went wrong?

youtube.com/watch?v=0jiGOOBVxUk

It's cheaper to animate action scenes using 3D models

Wrong.

Guts defies fate twice during the Eclipse and at the Tower of Conviction. Guts' whole arch during the golden era was he out grew Griffith and decided he would never fight for another man. His interactions with Godo reinforce this as the latter tells Guts not to waste his life like him, who only became a blacksmith because it was his families profession. Griffith is fated to bring ruin to the world, but I'm absolutely positive that Guts will unsurprisingly beat him in the end

The main theme of Berserk is to rise against fate and find your own path in life.

Where does sheev fit into all this

Thoughts?

Literally impossible to do justice to the art, only a retard would try, hence why we got an Anime made by retards

bretty gud