ITT: Failed Netflix originals

ITT: Failed Netflix originals.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_original_programs_distributed_by_Netflix
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Stranger Things

The OA

90% of them

DUDE WE RUN A CONTENT DELIVERY BUSINESS THEREFORE WE ARE QUALIFIED TO PRODUCE OUR OWN QUALITY CONTENT LMAO

The marketting retards who suggested that really fucked up Netflix. Vertical integration is great when your product is great, when you're producing shit for cheaper than it would cost to buy good stuff, you better hope your audience can't tell the difference between good and shit.

All of them

Sense8 and Marco Polo are good shows....shame they dedicate all their time and effort into bringing out mew shows every month rather than focusing on their existing shows

Marco Polo got axed :/

I fucking hated Sense8 so goddamned much

People wouldn't defend this so much if it was made by someone who isn't Bill Burr.

@78125859
bad bait no (You) see me after class

they realized it's cheaper to produce their own content than pay for streaming rights

they were forced to that as soon as other companies began making their own streaming platforms, making it harder to get licenses

i know but after a while that business model will destroy netflix because theyre outlaying all their income to produce shitty content that noone else wants to buy from them and viewers dont want to watch

why?

probably not, most of the shows are not too expensive to make (marco polo was the exception)

just remember for every 30 failed shows they have one house of cards, orange is the new black, stranger things or other shit like that

This. And those successes easily justify the failures. People will, and do, buy several months of Netflix just to finish HoC or OITNB and Im sure a decent percentage keep it after they finish because "its only 10 bucks a month!".

Niggers, trannies, jews, sjw shit.

Just throw them in the fucking ovens already.

Dont think this is netflix, but I totally forgot about this. Has anyone heard anything about it? I hope it failed

Hey guys how do you like tina fey?

what the fuck

why?

yeah you might be right

t. didn't watch the show past the first 3 episodes

it got cancelled after 13 episodes.

i love that bitch and if i ever get famous i wanna fuck her

I think the worst one is the Archer knock off

Fucking terrible

If there are niggers, trannies, jews and sjw shit in the first three episodes, then why would I persist. They suddenly aren't going to all be roasted alive or executed by moonman.

Agreed, was a depressing show

She's a really talented comedian. But the whole Fey-Polher schtick quickly becomes too self-aggrandizing and obnoxious.

>One Day at a Time remake
>all the reviews calling it "relevant" and "necessary" because it has spics in it.

i thought it would be "funny" bad but it was just impossible to watch

expensive to film
low ratings

it's a shame really
was pretty good

The OA

"Bloodline", "House of Cards", "OITNB" are all good-to-decent.

I still can't believe that this is a thing.

Two or three different platforms makes sense. We're up to, what, a dozen now? Every fucking media conglomerate wants their own.

>you better hope your audience can't tell the difference between good and shit
Yeah, the overwhelming majority of the Netflix Originals are shit and you can spot the differences in production quality almost immediately. But they're still better scripts and have more going on than any of the generic dogshit you get from the major networks, and it's cheaper too.

Until basic cable ditches laugh tracks or police/doctor/lawyer procedurals, this business model will work just fine.

that
wasn't me

I hated Sense8 because it's a fucking mess. The storyline is all over the place, it's right in your fucking face the entire time, there's no subtlety at all (the first scene literally shows the tranny women having her penis-cave fucked with a strap-on dildo that is wet with lubricant as it slaps on the floor. The Wachowskis simply don't understand subtlety at all)

Also the dialogue is FUCKING ATROCIOUS. Some of the worst dialogue I've ever seen in my life. And Every time the sensates talk to each other they immediately say "well here in Helsinki/Chicago/Mexico City we..." WE GET IT. YOU'RE IN DIFFERENT CITIES. STOP TELLING US.

None of those shows are sitcoms and therefore won't survive in syndication

eg Friends, Seinfeld, TBBT, 2 and a half men, SATC

Marco Polo

>too many streaming services
>they start selling in bundle
>then we'll end up going back to cable

Going back to piracy you mean

That's very disappointing, it was the best thing on Netflix and incredibly well shot

Fucking normies

Word. What a disappointment.

>he left

goodgoy

I don't even know who that is and never heard of him before I watched that show and I liked it

Let's be honest most Netflix Originals are garbage.

Some might start off strong, but they all go to shit after a couple seasons.

i think it's due to their strategy of releasing all episodes at once

How's that true? The newest season of HoC was a marked improvement over the previous one.

They do the research though and if it shows most people binge watch a show then they better release all the episodes at once if they want the most views.

fuck off, it's great, but it's 20 years too late, also, it's not failed, season 2 coming out this year.

Should just list successful series- Orange is the New Black, Daredevil, Marco Polo and HoC

Dont networks have pilot season where they test shows with real audiences? Maybe im wrong but I thought that happened

Does netflix just skip that part and create shows from popular focus group pilots?

. . . . all of them ?

Designated Survivor was pretty good, strange that they have two similar shows as originals though

the only good Netflix Originals are a handful of the comedy specials and that's it.

even decent TV shows like Narcos feel like the epitome of style over substance, that no one will care about 5 years from now

HoC, OiTNB and Sense Eight are huge failures you're right of course

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_original_programs_distributed_by_Netflix

from that list

hemlock grove, lilyhammer, bloodlines and marco polo ended, even though their reviews were good

easy and the characters were a complete failure

The irony is that Netflix solved the piracy problem with streaming and now the media conglomerates are pushing me back to piracy with their bullshit.

That little 2 minute trailer they play for the show had like 10 "jokes" packed in and they were all fucking terrible. I was in disbelief. If that's the material they chose to showcase, how unbelievably awful is the actual show?

I decided to give it a chance and couldn't get through the first 4 minutes

It's like a shit YouTube poop of Archer

i didnt know who bill burr was until after i watched this. he isnt that big. someone had to tell me he was that little guy in breaking bad. thats how i knew him

that show wasnt terrible, i would watch a second season.

>Netflix "Originals"

They are generally just disappointing. When they first started you knew they were at least trying to do interesting things. Now they just throw shit at the wall and "Netflix Original" means fucking nothing because they even slap it on anime they had nothing to do with.

Narcos is too long. Should have been a miniseries.

The first four episodes of The OA were 10/10 but then they started the interprittive dance shit and it got pretty corny but I only mentally knocked it down to a 7/10. Then the last episode happened. Every single resolution to every story arc was poorly handled. The whole cop scene was the dumbest shit ever, why the fuck didn't they just cut HAP out of the deal? When columbine 2.0 got defused by interpretive dance I was legitimately insulted. Fuck that show, everyone involved has been blacklisted from my future viewing experiences.

Season 1 was great but Season 2 was pretty lackluster. It would have been nice to get a proper final season but I'm not as disappointed as I would have been if it had been canceled after season 1

Luke Cage is better than Daredevil

sauce on pic?

obnoxious? i think they are quite humble and self depreciating

id like to depricate on her self senpai

Kimmy Schmidt will keep getting seasons because of the Kemper family.

NIGGERS

Does Netflix have an aesthetic?

It's two things:

One, Netflix have a policy of running their shows into the ground. Stranger Things should not have a second season for example.

Two, most Netflix shows are more of a concept or a premise than a story.

Avena Lee from a BBC session

>this shit has been out for one fucking day

nice job Sup Forums

>Let's be honest most Netflix Originals are garbage.

Most shows period are garbage. It's important to remember that Netflix doesn't just sit down and go "Let's make a new show", it just buys pitches that sound great in meetings and which might appeal to certain demographics and so on. When the show has actually been made, it can easily turn out to be crap.

who even watches half of this shit, there's like 3 new netflix originals popping up every week

Read the reviews. They have to like it because it has Mexicans in it.

>popular actor appears
>studio audience/ canned applause intensifies

WHY?

>i know but after a while that business model will destroy netflix because theyre outlaying all their income to produce shitty content that noone else wants to buy from them and viewers dont want to watch

I doubt it. On rebbit there was a thread about how much the selection on Netflix has shrunken over the years, and the top posts were people saying they don't care because there is so much "amazing" original content instead.

It's funny how their first few original programs were actually pretty consistent in terms of quality (BoJack, Orange Is the New Black (although I don't watch that feminist garbage)) and now they churn them out so carelessly that the term "Netflix Original" carries with it an entirely negative connotation in most cases.

by Netflix Originals do you mean Original series developed by Netflix, or the shit they buy up and slap a Netflix Original label on (they should be tortured for doing this shit)

>Netflix is making 'Wet Hot American Summer: 10 Years Later'
I liked first day at camp well enough for just how ridiculous an idea it was, but this is just going to be cringey as fuck

I watched episode 1 and have no interest in seeing the rest, what the fuck is it with people defending shit because one guy they like is involved.

another show, a trailer I saw with Britta from community, it looked so terrible no way I'm watching that.

you want syndicated shows

numale shows like narcos and orange is the new goy wont be around in a few years time

while NBC is still making that syndication money and producing content that viewers want to watch netflix will be making my little pony: the reality show to hit some spergy demographic

the series I found was actually funnier than the original movie, not that that's hard cause the original movie is fucking dogshit.

>DUDE WE RUN A CONTENT DELIVERY BUSINESS THEREFORE WE ARE QUALIFIED TO PRODUCE OUR OWN QUALITY CONTENT LMAO
Yes, and?

Why does this bother you so much?

I'm sorry but Luke Cage is one of the best shows being produced today, capeshit or otherwise.

My ex-wife's son and I watch it together from time to time, when I visit to pay bills etc.

What is it called?

why do all new sitcoms have the youngest sons be sassy and feminine? Fuller House being the best example.

Feminized cultures are easier to overtake.