.....holy shit

.....holy shit.....
where were you when indie rock album of the decade dropped?

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/_/the-drink/
rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/structure/structure-1/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/shopping/the-official-body/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/profligate/somewhere-else/
rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/pisse/album-name/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Right here.
I'm surprised noone is actually talking about this album
AOTY contender for sure. Literally a 9/10.

Listened to actually relevant music

i was jerking off
its a very good album tho

You won't be saying that when Fantano drops a 9 on this baby next week

I get mad whenever somebody says it about Pavement but holy fuck these guys are literally *listens to The Fall once*

yeah really enjoying this one
desire's my favourite track

Their last album sure, but clearly you haven't listened to this one. It sounds nothing like The Fall.

wow you're right this sounds like a completely different band than what I heard before. bretty gud

>people underrate the album before it is even released
>score is naturally dragged down by people who want to seem like they have tougher standards than the majority of rym to appear more legit
>people consequently aren't going to give the album a chance despite the fact that they'd love it.

Oh

Its another underage retard fantano drone

can i get a link

Yeah ratings of albums post-2012ish are skewed by autism

who cares

to be fair, it's been leaked so they prolly have heard the full thing
but yeah it does suck, hopefully fantano will give it a decent review so more people give it a shot

>people underrate the album before it is even released
To be fair, the albums been leaked for at least a week before release. The majority of complaints seem to either think it's bland (which i highly disagree with) or complaints on Darcy's vocals, which i can understand despite personally loving them myself.

It's pretty retarded to call an album irrelevant when it's only been officially out for 1 day and most major music publications haven't covered it.
Most publications that have have been very positive so far though.

Hot trash. Here are some better post-punk albums from this year.

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/_/the-drink/
rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/structure/structure-1/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/shopping/the-official-body/
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/profligate/somewhere-else/
rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/pisse/album-name/

Maybe people just think that it's shit, and rightfully so.

>gives twin fantasy 5/5
Embarrassing. It's pretty clear from your profile you have no idea what you're talking about.

way to not argue anything he said you fucking dope

>liking one indie album means that your opinion on another is invalid

Staggering argument.

>doesn't actually present an argument
>expects a "staggering argument" in return
interesting

you were so mad that you triangulated his rym account based on releases he posted that he likes more
take a lap dude

>The guy who presented a flawed argument based on an opinion now thinks that the retort is invalid.

Really activates those almonds.

>indie rock
>2018

Youre a decade late to this fad, Aaron.

gucci gang

lmao my man out here triangulating

also i really love this album so far. i think that they changed their sound for the better here

It's so sad to see this mentality.

not my fault i'm a detective god and can btfo any fool who dares cross my path

lol I have a list that has most of the albums I posted on it. Come off it.

more than any other day is miles better than this shit

I like all of their albums and EPs. They're a really competent band, and the differences between albums are a clear, and admirable, indication of growth and progression. Very cool to see.

bump

Hes not wrong

If youre making stuff that's irrelevant.. At least make it interesting. This shit sucks. Generic triple j 2000s "indie" rock. Its both irrelevant, boring and generic. What the fuck is the point then?

>just discovered an album that is supposed to be very good
>it's on bandcamp

sounds like you're meaning to be in the car seat headrest threads

>Generic triple j 2000s "indie" rock.
did you even listen to the album my man

yeah, buddy it doesnt really sound like that at all

If Weird All did a pastiche "post-punk" song, then decided to extend it into an LP. This album is what it would sound like.

yeah it's not cool enough to be really post-punk :^(

what the fuck does this even mean

Grab your Crosleys, fellow Urban Outfitters shoppers and Unknown Pleasures T-Shirt owners... because boy do we have an album for you!
Be sure to pick up the limited edition colored vinyls!vinyls!vinyls!

i guess the counterjerk against this album has started already

fear of being cool is just as gay as wanting to be cool, bro

Weird Al and his band frequently do what is called "pastiche", where they make a song that is not a exactly a parody... but is engineered to sound like a particular genre.

Just wait till the positive Fantano review comes out, it'll be like it never existed.

This album sounds totally un-Post-punk to me. Like, the closest it gets is Disaffectation and These 3 Things, really. It's pretty varied and playful.

Okay, I'm finally listening to this, and the strong polarization you guys have with this is a little baffling. It's entirely unexceptional sounding. All the bands I've ever heard play in some dude's garage or open for a well-known indie band at a decent-sized venue sound exactly like this.

It's "Unknown Pleasures T-Shit Core".

You people are going way over-the-top crazy for this because you want something better than a 7/10 album. But 7/10 is perfectly good, just accept it.

I agree with you that a 7/10 is good, I think this is better than that. It's not full of exciting post-punk anthems, or groovy dance songs with great choruses, but it's got a real variety and awesome pallet of sounds. It's really well written, well performed, displays restraint and nuance. Maybe an understated 8, to me.

everything relevant these days is shit you fucking idiot

How good the transitions on Desire, Disaffectation, Disgraced in America, Take Everything really attest to their skills as songwriters. Probably comes with maturity and attention to craft that they've honed since their first album. This is a really exciting release, and you're a philistine if you don't see, or at least can't appreciate that.

I was listening to it while you faggots listened to Ought.

This is supposed to be what post-punk looks like? I doubt one of those white males is on vocals, they probably play something gay like a synth or rhythm guitar.

all I've been listening to for a week is Rock Island and Room inside the world.

Heavy Lifting is SOTY

OP said indie rock not post-punk brainlet. Either way this band absolutely crushes Ought. Palm is the band that faggots in bands like Ought always namedrop saying that's their favorite current band. Take from that what you will.

>don't know of album or band
>oh wow maybe Sup Forums is actually talking about something obscure or maybe even interesti-
>pic related
>post-punk/indie rock
man fuck ya'll that cover got my hopes up

give it a listen for yourself and see what you think of it. worst comes to worst you just don't enjoy it

>not listening to an album for yourself
What a colossal faggot

ought to what?

Whatever happened to experimentation in post punk? Nowadays the genre is too limited by its own self awareness and there’s nothing new being brought to the table, why can’t any of the modern acts be interesting and explore a wider palate of ideas instead?

i'm listening to the first song. the guy's voice sounds like Fred Armisen doing a parody of someone singing.

it's pretty good but definitely not best of the decade. i liked their first ep & album the best

I don't like indie rock, why would I listen to it?

Yo represent nigger music we out here! Get money and hoes!

>He thinks indie rock is only from the 2000's

wow this album is really bad. i liked their first one a bit though. thanks for wasting my time OP

Their first album was bretty gud
Their last album was a Fall tribute act
This is just a forgettable snoozefest.

5/10

I'm liking it.

this
plebs don't like it on first listen because the quality of this album is in the song writing and performances, not big bombastic grooves and hooks.
RitW really is the thinking man's record.
Ought's namedropped Palm because Palm has opened for them on tour you retard.

Pieces Wasted is fucking amazing.

love the backing vocal on Take Everything

it's better than I thought based on the singles, but it feels like such a sanitized version of what they were doing on their earlier stuff.

I had never heard The Fall, or Mark E. Smith before people started comparing Tim Darcy's performance on Sun Coming Down, but damn............ I forgot I had The Fall playing and locked into the same vibe that I go through when listening to Ought and was totally baffled. Don't think this is condemning, but wow.