Adolescence is arguing if Oasis or Blur were better, adulthood is realising both Pulp and Suede were superior

Adolescence is arguing if Oasis or Blur were better, adulthood is realising both Pulp and Suede were superior.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f7Wn5oZgFOo
youtube.com/watch?v=skb6lVS35Jk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Suede and Pulp
>not SFA and MSP

Sheepfucker pls go

Suede was the best rock band of the 90s.

youtube.com/watch?v=f7Wn5oZgFOo

>Britbong
>telling anyone to leave

Both were superior but their quality work was very much confined to the mid-90s imo. Blur while less consistent had good singles from 1990 up until 2003.

If we are arguing about consistency, Supergrass tops all bands, all their albums except the last were at least 7/10

Ya but suede came back with some good albums too.

True, their two comeback albums were definitely better than Head Music and New Morning

Does that make The Auteurs for cranky senile old fucks?

The Auteurs were unfairly overlooked band, considered they wwre among the first.

Bernard Butler era Suede were.

I feel a bit sorry for Richard Oakes, he's bee in Suede for more than 20 years and I still can't take him seriously.

This is the exact moment that Britpop happened.

[Actually it isn't, its the Melody Maker interview with Blur about Modern Life Is Rubbish but nobody remembers except me].

youtube.com/watch?v=skb6lVS35Jk

>Gene in the thumbnail
These guys were such pathetic Smiths wannabes

True patricians recognize this as the true masterwork of the britpop era

Ye maybe if your gay

If you like britpop fused with prog check this album out

I meant the select cover, but yeah, Gene were appalling, you just can't do that basically, its too much, nobody needs a fake Smiths.

I like that video though because it has a lot of the second-tier acts which have no lasting imprint but were sort of ok at the time. I'd rather have a Sleeper in the charts now than not to be honest.

This is a great forgotten album of the period. Its somewhere between post-shoegaze and proto-Britpop.

Recommend skipping to Lazarus if you want the highlight.

I do think His N' Hers and Dog Man Star are the two best britpop records.

Getting into MSP - I like their early records

Shit, word of warning, the single mix is utter shit.

Your bass speaker should be levitating off the floor if you've got the right (album) version.

>Boo Radleys
Patrician detected.

Boo Radleys were amazing

Barney and Me is my jam

This is 100% fact

bump

This. Their best songs also beat everybody else's best songs. A shame they split up, but maybe it was for the best, since Diamond Hoo Ha was a clear drop in quality.