/wwhpg/ - Wizarding World of Harry Potter General

Wizarding World of Harry Potter General

Discuss the best all-ages franchise.
Is this a thread for shitting on Harry Potter? "No!"
Come in, get comfy, stretch your legs, and talk about the past, present and future of the Wizarding World.

Cant wait for the pasta

You're gay and this is indeed one of the dullest franchises in the history of movie franchises.

Seriously each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Yes, well done shitposter, well done. However...

Fuck off back to /lit/ you cancerous reject.

Would you a qt Slytherin?

Nonce

>"where the fuck is Dumbledore we can't find him anywhere it's time for his speech"
>"wait Minerva, I got this"
>"Slytherin wins the house cup!!"

>*muffled dumbledore shouting in the distance* "a thousand points to harry potter for falling asleep that one time in divination class!"

>"he's over there lets go get him"

Pansy a shit but the Carrow twins are my favorite characters

>>>/reddit/

That's more of a tumblr thing, honestly

get this numale shit out of here

>use dragons for a silly children contest
>don't use dragons to defend the school from bald noseless bad guy

>people who read are less likely to support Trump
Wow!

Dragons can't be controlled like statues.

Why didn't Voldemort make the Earth a horcrux?

Some of this. Rowling's magic world has no place for the numinous. It is written for people whose imaginative lives are confined to TV cartoons, and the exaggerated (more exciting, not threatening) mirror-worlds of soaps, reality TV and celebrity gossip. Its values, and everything in it, are, as Gatsby said of his own world when the light had gone out of his dream, ''only personal.'' Nobody is trying to save or destroy anything beyond Harry Potter and his friends and family.

Actually it's
>women are less likely to support Trump
Wow indeed, we all know women are dummies

Did they fuck?

Oh yes, so cute.

So? Just let them fucking loose and let them do their thing.

>that meme image
it'll be you in a few years based on that alone ;)

I come here only for these

Rowling has always said the "Trio" was just her family from when she was single

Hermione=JK Rowling
Ron=her ex husband
Harry= her young son

so it would have been incest in her mind

You've lost, white man.

Originally she intended them to but decided it was too cliche and obvious.

Why is Brave New World ranked so low?

You mean kill everyone?

>but decided
Yeah after being blown the fuck out by literary critics :^)

You know the drill.

>mixed race
>slytherin

Something doesn't go right.

When you are drastically outnumbered the odds are in your favor.

Brave New World attempts to convey a similar message as 1984 but does a much worse job of it.

For my own personal sexual deviancies, I want to be Taylor Swift. I will not pretend to be Taylor in public or take any pictures/videos. Is it morally wrong to get a piece of her hair and brew polyjuice potion?

Rooting for honoary pure blood wizard jap

>no 0

wow what a shit image

Isn't she a bit old for you Odran? Also are you still hanging out in Harry Potter fan forums looking for children?

>just let dragons loose at a school
>they'll probably kill more bad guys than children
You're retarded.

0 is Nevilles Longbottom

Really anything but 8 is fine with me.

Outside the school you six piece chicken McNobody.

wat

neither book is that great but they have fairly accurate, entertaining explanations of what the future held in store for western civilization.

Hermione and Ron confirmed for having a shit relationship that falls apart.

An actual pedo(and not a meme one like the cunyfags) that use to post in threads about HP and had degenerate thing for

>you six piece chicken McNobody.

I want Luna or Bellatrix to rape me.

pls give me luna

9 get

1984 is a masterpiece. Brave New World reads like pulp trash.

mm oh well thats fine 2

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

You'd be Neville's long bottom, if you catch my drift.

I absolutely would be.

>no pansy

oh well, 6get i guess

I'm sorry you couldn't comprehend the master work of one of the most brilliant minds in modern literature.

Why do people keep memeing about him being attractive? He's average at best. Look at that britbong face.

>that clearly uncircumcised cock
disgusting

There were black kids in Slytherin you dingus.

>1984 is a masterpiece

not by literary standards

Orwell was a good political writer, but he was no Dostoevsky

Well didn't get my freaky lover but hermione is pretty good

That is a prime example of a man in every aspect. I would gladly jump his bones, no homo.

He's very handsom you must be gay or something lol

I thought the final scene (if that's the right word, an event that isn't the entirety of a chapter) where he beats the chick to death while everyone watched was a powerful bit that effectively summarized the themes of the book. Am I wrong?

But they're mudbloods

He beats her but she doesn't die.

Where the fuck would you even get dragons in a hurry. For the contest they were brought from romania or whatever

final scene is he hangs himself, lads. Because those fuckers won't leave him alone.

1 and 2 are the only acceptable options.

>He doesn't want to be dominated by bella

I feel the same way.

I think it's just that he was pretty ugly as a kid and turned out alright. Money does miracles.

>that clearly uncircumcised cock
I want to lick it

He's easily the most attractive male from the cast now.

cringe

>you're a small guy
>is that your wand?

I think Potter is more attractive. Even the guy that plays Ron. The actor that played Seasum Finnigan too, he's really cute. A matter of personal taste I suppose, the Longbottom guy is just not my type.

I don't think you understand how penises work.

Uhhh...

Radcliffe is cute, just not hot. Grint is too goofy looking. Devon Murray is too chav looking for my taste.

This is such a contrarian list. If you can't admit that Mockingbird, Wuthering Heights, Hamlet and Copperfield are masterpieces of literature, you're just a pretentious retard.

8 get, best emma

Rollerino.

>you're just a pretentious retard.

Isn't that an obvious 99% of people who read or watch or even listen to "patrician" media? Especially people who need to brag about it and make lists.