It's 2016

Why do people still believe in religion?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DoRcSN329ww
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I came here for boobs. Got more?

because ~75% of the population hasnt attended school since 1990

Here you go mate

wow i would love to smash her against a cabinet

>piercings
Into the trash it goes

lol why are her eyes so close together. She looks like someone pasted giant tits on a 12 yr olds body. Bobble headed looking basic becky.

OP, people believe in religion because it keeps them strong. Religion wins. Irreligion is communism, which destroys all culture and degenerates into infighting, sabotage, and suicide.

im greek.,...

This.

What good has religion brought in the past two centuries?

>bites finger nails
>dirty room
>basic bitch dirty blonde hair

Would not smash

I mean come on, it's the current year.

would insert benis

great thanks for the pic dude, that's quite cash :D

jessica?

Boggles?

It has kept the political tyranny of Islam and Marxism at bay, both of which if implemented globally would enslave humanity for centuries.

How can you possibly believe in some being with all encompassing powers who watches over every living thing and runs it all

At bay? Without their diehard belief in religion they could see reason and stop using their religion as a justification to take innocent human lives

It's a belief mate, beliefs do not require proof.

its a lot easier to believe that everything came from something rather than nothing. and god doesnt just sit around micromanaging everything you have to think way bigger than that with something like god.

also more of this girl she fine as fuck. those hips and those tits tho

I've been religious (mostly because of how I've been raised) and I've been an atheist (and still am I think?)
But when I started questioning things myself I realized there is no god, heaven or hell and went on for a few years being this atheist fanatic bashing religious people (including relatives)
Recently I realized the purpose of religion. We were primitive beasts and would still be killing each other if it weren't for religion to civilise us and give us a moral compass. You could argue someone can very well be an atheist and a moral person at the same time. Very true. But it takes a highly intelligent individual.
Less intelligent people can't be moral. They need to fear something in order to behave. That's why hell and heaven is such a good story.

it was all made up by some jews to control people

Oh look it's this thread

sauce on teeny bopper slappa ty familia

Quite the opposite.
Degeneracy is a result of people losing morality
Where does morality come from? Mainly religion.
Isn't it strange how the majority of the LGBT community is white?
Less white babies means our governments have to import third worlders to do the jobs

>sand nigger
>see reason

If that were possible they would have abandoned Islam centuries ago.

Never before in the religion v atheist debate have I found anyone to sum it up so well "Less intelligent people can't be moral. They need to fear something in order to behave" well done

The next step is when you realize that the only way to lead and inspire your crowd is by example, you cannot do it on the edge of the sword. And that means starting to believe in God again.

Most people need some moral guidance in their lives or their is no stopping them from partaking in degeneracy.

The reason that progressiveness is so popular is because it has replaced religion as the new moral authority. Religion has been pushed out of the way because it competition to the leftist ideology. I may not believe in god, but I consider the Christians to be greater allies than the atheists.

SJWs are basically the liberal's version of the extreme religious wackjobs who take the ideology too far.

>It's 2016

Why do people take so many narcissistic pictures of themselves?

Atheism is poison to societies, due to its inherent nihilism or epicureanism.

(Czech'd)
Because of kek.

I think religion can be a good thing if done right. Im not religious, I wish I was, but the thought that my dead grandfather and mother could possibly be watching me (I know the fairy tale aint true, but it would be nice) keeps me being an honest and good person. When I say good person I don't mean not killing people or hardcore stuff like that, I mean that I am trying to make myself a better person through eating right, working out, jacking off less, being kind to other people, etc. I dont need religion to keep me in check, but the possibility of it makes me want to be a better person.

no but i believe in those tatas, senpai

Because atheism is what caused women like that in the OP to exist.

>hurr that's a good thing
Yeah, enjoy your leftovers.

How can you believe that the universe/reality came about from literally nothing?
/SOMEONE/ is doing the creating.

I consider your dubs to be greater checked than the insanity of discordianism.

No one is saying it came from nothing.

But you sure as fuck are saying it came from something specifically, without proof, and literally believing the jesus meme.

Religion without a foundation of observable evidence is 10 year old saturday morning cartoon tier, desu.

When are you going to grow up?

>No one is saying it came from nothing.
Then you and everyone admits there is God.
Good.

Well done religionfriend.

It's 2016. Why do people still believe in free will?

>a god
>naming something you can't even begin to comprehend with a stone age sand person title
>'god'

We admit we don't know and do not profess to know our origins.

But jumping to conclusions based on....nothing, is what religion is.

Feel bad for being so dumb, or not, it's not like you recognize how dumb you sound.

Nice logic leap

Begging the question

We should not force naturally degenerate people into pretending they'll ever be capable of good deeds when their neural connectors keeps contradicting every action and undermining any value they were trying to accomplish.

We need quality control and honesty.

Because reality is fucking awful and depressing

>Christians are incapable of degeneracy

false.

Because people need something to believe in. How hard is that to understand? Why not believe that there's some meaning to it all instead of just waiting for everything to become black?

It's just a way to survive and stay sane. Most people can't handle the fact that there's nothingness when you die.

If you need religion to stay sane, you're better off dropping out of the gene pool.

Sanity, altruism, morality, all are not tied to religion.

As a species we've come a long long way without this christ meme.

Survival, co opting into civilization and benevolent cooperation are not dependent upon mutual worship of make believe cults.

It's to the greater benefit to ALL humans we live next to, to do the right thing in the name of peace and the ability to safely raise a family.

Where does god enter that picture?

It doesn't. It never did. Christ cucks WANT you to believe that their false deity is entirely responsible for your happiness, but when asked how and why, they tell you

>JUST HAVE FAITH

Such baloney.

*tips fedora* and all that shit

Like it or not religion is one of the pillars of society and that's not going to change, so deal with it.

Shaming like that just makes you look silly. How about addressing what he said?

jokes on you i'v been tipping my fedora since i was 15

Because many people experience something "more" or "beyond" their ability to explain.

Because absolute confidence in mans comprehension of his surroundings is extremely foolish.

Because we don't know how anything works.

Because he doesn't have a rebuttal.

Religion kids never do. Brainwashing isn't easily overcome, they have to want to grow out of the fantasy.

Religion is like opium. Take it away and they go into violent withdrawal, unable to accept life without their precious opiate they seize up.

It makes life bearable for them. I like to believe all highly religious people are traumatized damaged people who cower before their cult because it gives them a place in the world.

It takes a truly strong person walk without a crutch.

>Sanity, altruism, morality
All imply free will. Why do you believe in free will?

If you can deny your false god, you're expressing free will.

At no point in time during your entire life does an imaginary deity effect your life.

It's always, always other people, working in the name of their false deity, and there are man and have been many.

>many and have been many

Sorry, trying to hook up with a tinder slut, for the lord, ya know.

What about someone who was raised atheist? How would he express free will?

And then you get today's degeneracy, look at liberalism today, Canada legalized bestiality, gender is a pick-and-choose job, and if I don't like you then I'm going to censor you from having an opinion,
A Christian society doesn't sound that bad these days fαm

You're right user, I don't believe in religion either. People don't really go to church on Sundays, that's the weekly meeting of the elders of Zion. ISIS don't really kill for their God, that's just what they want you to think. You've cracked it. Or just cracked, either one.

Prepare to be redpilled:

There can't be free will because everything follows the laws of physics.

Your every decision, your every thought, they just come down to how your body reacts given its current internal state and its perception of its external state.

Nothing but cognitive dissonance -> fleeing the situation can get you away from this post.

Ask an African child, or basically anyone raised beyond the grip of western Catholicism.

You don't find it funny that your religion makes up shit to accommodate for people born out of their reach?

I mean, cmon dude. You're an adult right?

Start thinking for yourself.

Those are all, and I mean ALL, exclusively the work of Jews. We both know it.

Jews. Yes, the creators of the christ cult.

I'm an adult who sees no reason for any atheist to believe in free will. You seem to be an atheist who believes in free will, so I'm trying to ascertain why.

But it doesn't seem like you've considered the subject all too closely.

>You don't find it funny that your religion makes up shit to accommodate for people born out of their reach?
I'm not calling you out: Can you expand on this to sate my curiosity? In which way do they "accommodate"?

The thing is they ridicule tradition, culture and religion by all means to push their own agenda, and besides, Jews were the ones to hunt Jesus down so they could keep their power over the Israeli people, if Jesus was a shill, things would be different today.

Basically Christianity rationalizes it through

>Universalism

Meaning even if you are born ignorant of their religion, it's not your fault, but it's their job to teach you

>teach you
>not indoctrinate you against your will
>inserting foreign ideology unfit for the social and geological climate of the unsuspecting 'heathen'

Not unlike how mudshits spread their cancer. Well, exactly like it pretty much.

Ah that, righto.

The only difference between Islam and Christianity is that, at least in modern times, Christianity offers you a loaf of bread instead of a Scimitar to the neck.

Regardless, both demand the same thing.

Blind unquestioning faith.

because Judaism is the one true faith.

Judaism is a ripoff and mish-mash of far older religions dating back to Babylon and pre-deluge.

>Judaism is a ripoff and mish-mash of far older religions dating back to Babylon and pre-deluge.

prove it

Go learn some history. The fuck do I look like, Professor Goldstein?

>something i can't even begin to comprehend
>implying
The reason I use the stone age sand person title is to put it into terms that you stone age sand people can grasp, yet you still manage to fail spectacularly.

>What about someone who was raised atheist? How would he express free will?
He's already been expressing it all his life. The freedom to choose rationally without the toxic waste of pleasing some petty, vindictive sky-god.

>Most people need some moral guidance in their lives or their is no stopping them from partaking in degeneracy.
In the bible, your god commands the ancient Israelites to "rip open the bellies of enemy pregnant women and dash their infants against the rocks" or some such thing. And then steal all their stuff.

How could anyone's "degeneracy" be worse than this?

>SJWs are basically the liberal's version

Statistically, SJWs don't exist, but it was a very successful propaganda campaign that fooled millions of right-wing simpletons.

In the narrowminded definition of SJW, their numbers are insignificant. No one can produce as evidence a single person who actually believes the gamut of fabricated ideas that they are accused of. The accusers only produce memes, photoshoped pictures, contrived Facebook posts and other manufactured "proof".

In the broad definition (equality under the law, civil rights, democracy, protection of persecuted classes, etc.) then suddenly the cohort is more than half the US population.

But it has been a very successful campaign to manipulate the minds of gullible people who lack objectivity and critical thinking skills.

Watch the 1980's TV adaptation of Brideshead Revisited (or read the book but I think the series is so great that it's almost worth watching instead. It's 11 episodes).

If you don't, at least watch this

youtube.com/watch?v=DoRcSN329ww

It's the final scene. The rest of the series is fantastic, just like the book. It was written after the 2nd world war when England was despondent about life. Made me realise the value of religion. It didn't convert me but I now understand

What is science if not a religion

All the stuff that is still not proven or was "proven" extremely suspiciously, such as big bang, evolution, earth being 6billion years old, gravity, black holes, the stars being millions of miles away (and they are actually dead and we are just seeing the ancient streams of light they shot at us), transgenderism and faggotry seen as scientifically normal conditions you are born with... I don't trust it.

But at the subatomic level they are more like guidelines

vanity of vanities, all is vanity

You didn't write, that or think that, your program did. You nether think or truly exist. You don't have an opinion your program runs automatically. You don't think therefore I am, you don't think.

Average IQ unfortunately means having a ranged pool of various IQ people. So in any nation there will be low IQ people around who value their belief system over rationality.