Punk is fucking dead. It was just a stupid trend

Punk is fucking dead. It was just a stupid trend.

I DARE you green-haired, pre-ripped jeans-wearing faggots to try and tell me otherwise.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jBtZMPySajY
youtube.com/watch?v=A13vj5vdlCU
youtube.com/watch?v=Bi16l0xC9Xs
youtube.com/watch?v=r8VQ7iCF3LY
youtube.com/watch?v=SbXxeQCPxwA
youtube.com/watch?v=lzQCrmTgd3k
youtube.com/watch?v=PXJi_-5fvTs
youtube.com/watch?v=oG_TzYDYgBM
youtube.com/watch?v=4gnntMvMgx4
youtube.com/watch?v=H6rGV5p8A2c
youtube.com/watch?v=KrfueEvUpAs
youtube.com/watch?v=9JGiSVAy8eU
youtube.com/watch?v=EdgjKvDo924
youtube.com/watch?v=3Hw4kyF1wgc
youtube.com/watch?v=_vACAiPfAlc
youtube.com/watch?v=ztlZq_qqu-4
youtube.com/watch?v=hGGGh03jN4w
youtube.com/watch?v=CQTSWfuPH_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=Y8yFsB6OC2I
youtube.com/watch?v=iZscWmIizzw
rateyourmusic.com/~FireNinja606
youtube.com/watch?v=7nOoyeulzY0
youtube.com/watch?v=cDvaUkH4-uM
youtube.com/watch?v=fj_kLd5PVy
youtube.com/watch?v=tO_hU3utEpM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ok
It's not dead

Yes, it is. Fact of the Day: American Idiot was the last true Punk album and the logical conclusion to Punk Rock.

>green day
>true punk

> logical conclusion to punk rock

How? By killing it?

punk is dead because the system now agrees with the punks on all the social stuff bar anarchy

Here you go retard

youtube.com/watch?v=jBtZMPySajY

I'm not talking about the political side of it, I'm talking about the style and the music.

also this is better than american idiot (British punk or no punk)
youtube.com/watch?v=A13vj5vdlCU

fair enough sorry for bringing that into the thread (skinhead stuff like screwdriver is punk btw)

100% agreed, user. There isn't a single song Green Day has ever done that's better than any Clash song.

>implying there ever was a musical side of it.
But most of you guys are deaf, anyway.

> implying there was never a musical side to genre of music

youtube.com/watch?v=Bi16l0xC9Xs
youtube.com/watch?v=r8VQ7iCF3LY
youtube.com/watch?v=SbXxeQCPxwA
youtube.com/watch?v=lzQCrmTgd3k
youtube.com/watch?v=PXJi_-5fvTs
youtube.com/watch?v=oG_TzYDYgBM
youtube.com/watch?v=4gnntMvMgx4
youtube.com/watch?v=H6rGV5p8A2c
youtube.com/watch?v=KrfueEvUpAs
youtube.com/watch?v=9JGiSVAy8eU
youtube.com/watch?v=EdgjKvDo924
youtube.com/watch?v=3Hw4kyF1wgc
youtube.com/watch?v=_vACAiPfAlc
youtube.com/watch?v=ztlZq_qqu-4
youtube.com/watch?v=hGGGh03jN4w
youtube.com/watch?v=CQTSWfuPH_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=Y8yFsB6OC2I
youtube.com/watch?v=iZscWmIizzw

I don't even understand what it would mean for punk to be dead. The scenes are still going, they're still huge, they're still grassroots and DIY, they're still political, people are still doing new things... and people have been saying it's dead since 1978. It's all a bunch of old sacks of shit and self-hating elitists trying to justify their own complacency. They should kill themselves and stop weighing down the progress of the arts with their self-absorbed bullshit.

Punk is rebellion and anger

T. 16 years old

my point would be that modern punk would take an opposite point to that of punk in the 70's (john lydon in an interview on the BBC said that if the working class wanted brexit and trump then so did he)

This

you're fucking braindead if you genuinely think this

Punk can be apolitical

punk music is still relevant and good its the fashion style punk fags that are ruining it.

if you dress "punk" you're a faggot

then its just fugg you mum and dad

agreed

>implying punk was a musical genre, ever
It's more like a pile of excuses for being a loser junkie.

No, it can be fuck life, fuck religion, fuck women, fuck school, fuck myself, fuck I'm broke... Ect

I'd actually be really interested in seeing a pro-Trump punk movement. Right now it's totally the opposite. I've seen more anti-Trump punk shows in my area than I can count, there's even an upcoming one with T.S.o.L.

> not knowing straight edge comes from punk

Go to bed, Paul Joseph Watson.

So, you want punk that supports corporate interests, hates gay people, and is afraid of brown people?

See: RAC

Nazi punk has existed since the 80s dude.

ffair enough

Punk's not dead, it just deserves to die when it becomes another stale cartoon.

screwdriver, not pro trump, far more than that, punk simply put, is not electable

See, you can't even just make a simple lifestyle choice without shoving it in everyone's faces. Punk is contrived nonsense for Peter Pans. End of thread.

> So, you want punk that supports corporate interests, hates gay people, and is afraid of brown people?

Even if that was true, it would be more exciting than what we have currently.

the logical conclusion to a genre would obviously kill it. think grunge for rock

Wow lol, you're a fucking moron. Way to jump from one position to the opposite, trying to justify your own nonsense. You sad little man.

It is true. Your movement was always a commodification of impotent, misdirected rage.

punk is the fringe, third-world-homosexual-coca-colaism is the modern norm

No, it wouldn't. You should check out pop-country though, you'd love it.

>wow lol
You talk like a ho. You don't get to call people "little man".

They are, idiot.

(27)
Thanks for missing my point.
American Idiot is Punk Rock through and through; it takes the political nature that formed within 70s-80s Punk and combined it with Alternative Rock, Art Rock and Pop Punk. The entire album relies on a conceptual idea (the utter banality of modern society under the corruption of office) that is demonstrated via the main character's struggles with suburbia, anguish and depression caused by his own family. Each track thematically represents the contrast between political turmoil and personal conflict, such as the melancholy of reality in Boulevard of Broken Dreams and the isolationism from the cruelty of life in Wake Me Up When September Ends, to the bluntness and utter disgust of government corruption in Holiday and American Idiot. This takes the listener on an epic journey through societal hell, unprecedented in Punk since perhaps Zen Arcade. Not only that, but musically, the album is Green Day's most ambitious work yet. Jesus of Suburbia separates itself via its multiple instrument changes and shifts, like a puzzle seemingly connecting into one, then shattering abruptly by the end. And plus, the aesthetical choice to include black, a shroud of bleakness and desolation, and red, for riled fury, seeps through such an artistic record.

Also, none of the albums you mentioned are as ambitious or as visionary as American Idiot; you clearly missed the point. They simply don't employ such a prescient narrative, and suffer from emotional shallowness. The punk spirit is there, but it just doesn't challenge anything as much as Green Day did, and achieved, as this record. There will never be a true Punk album as epic as American Idiot. And no, this is not bait at all. You're just ignorant.

Wow lol, but you are a pathetic, sad little man. Just saying what's blatantly obvious to everyone lol. Wow.

> You talk like a ho.

> being this fucking autistic
Never compare that overproduced, whiny piece of crap to Zen Arcade.

>you talk like a ho.
this guy

Look at the way you react to any criticism of your identity. You bought your whole personality. Mind you, at second-hand store, but that shit that comes 10 cents a pound.

Agreed
Get back to us when you've graduated high school.

Punk should only come from third world countries now

Punks from the EU and USA are just little burgeouis bitches.

Also, if you want to even call yourself a punk, go work as a dishwasher for at least tree months.

They'll never do that.

reminder this is the kid behind these posts

rateyourmusic.com/~FireNinja606

Wow, you're very insightful

this has to be bait

You don't have a fucking point. You're a recovering drug addict with hearing damage, like every other "punk". God, you're predictable.

...and this

Lol wow. What are you talking about? I'm genuinely lost.

I'm not straight edge, by the way. I just thought you were dumb for trying to dismiss a subculture you don't know anything about, given how irrelevant your criticism is. Time for bed, little man.

Punk is pretty big in Latin America, and it's growing in Indonesia and Russia.

That said, hip hop is a much bigger force in developing countries.

I know everything there is to know about you. You'll rail against anything convenient. You'll quiet down as soon as an authority in your eyes looks at you sideways, and you'll ruthlessly social climb. You're a fucking animal and should be put down.

Generalizing a little bit, aren't we pal?

>You're a fucking animal and should be put down.
I'm at a fucking loss here.

Yeah, in Brasil it's been growing since the 80's, too bad that here punk is pretty much an imported concept, there are some bands working on a distinctively latin sounding punk, kinda like El Efecto, but otherwise, it just sounds like 90's punk from the states.

just make out you fucking fags

wow i dont even have to prove Sup Forums has shit taste. anyways
only d-beat is real
youtube.com/watch?v=7nOoyeulzY0
youtube.com/watch?v=cDvaUkH4-uM
youtube.com/watch?v=fj_kLd5PVy
youtube.com/watch?v=tO_hU3utEpM

You're literally projecting. Your entire presence in this thread is railing against something convenient (a music movement). lol wow, you'll quiet down as soon as an authority in your eyes looks at you sidewise. Your last insult is fucking ridiculous, but I know it's because it's how you feel about yourself. And you're right to feel that way about yourself - go for it.

this has to be bait

>Linkin Park are the American Radiohead

I like crust a lot, but the d-beat stuff is kinda dumb.

>implying US doesn't have low income shitty areas that breed punk scenes

Punk is alive and well, and anybody who says otherwise is ignorant, and out of touch!

hey man out of step!

why? just listen to the riffs. the beat gives a certain groove. besides half of crust is d-beat or grind/pv

It's not about the actual beat itself, it's about the music associated with that label.

I do recognize that it's about half the scene, but I strongly prefer the other half. I like the power, atmosphere, and imaginativeness of the slower, sludgier side of crust, and I like the furious, political, sometimes mindbending grind stuff. But to me, most d-beat sounds like dumb metal. It generally seems to be a bit less creative. Also, this is a superficial point, but most non-d-beat crust bands don't really seem to worry about the look too much - they're crusties, metalheads, or normal guys. The D-Beat bands are the only ones still into that ridiculous costume with the perfectly done hair, the bullet belts, the 100+ spiked Discharge jackets, etc. to the point where they almost look glam. I can't stand that.

this HAS to be bait

IDLES are the most punk thing I've heard in years, shits still going strong

lmao
I don't really care for the slow crust, I find it like uhh dumber doom metal
I listen to d-beat because I'm looking for angry fast motörcharged riffs and coincidentally most d-beat bands sound like that

oh forgot to add
it's hardcore, who cares what they look like lol
I think of it as a revival of the 80s style
and besides not all bands worship discharge. there's bands like seitan and mosquito that are basically d-beat death metal and they go h a r d

The thing I like about the slow stuff is that it's such a blending of genres. Right now it's equal parts crust punk, sludge metal, screamo/post-hardcore, hardcore, black metal, melodeath, and post-rock. It's really cathartic, powerful stuff. In a way, it's like a heavier, much more masculine version of emocore, but with this dark atmosphere and an obsession with nature. I find it really cool. I can see why it would have a very different fanbase than d-beat, though. I'd say they draw from different influences, the slow bands being into Amebix and Axegrinder, and d-beat obviously following Discharge. In roots, the commonality might be those early crust/grind groups like Electro Hippies and Sore Throat.

I don't really see how it's "dumber doom metal," but I could see your point if you felt it was dumber sludge metal.

"Punk" has been dead since 1978, friendo.

yeah idk, I'm not really into those genres. the closest I came to enjoying blackened crust would be Ramlord.
I prefer the brutal downtuned attack of those bands I mentioned + mutilated veterans

Good job not refuting any of my points. And by the way, I graduated from UC Berkeley in 2012.

Who?

The amount of time this thread has stayed active surprises me.

> UC Berkeley
Well, that explains it. I haven't refuted your points because there's nothing to refute. You're just spouting a ton of fucking nonsense and over generalizations about people you don't know anything about.

> being so insecure you bring up your alma mater
> thinking having a college degree must mean you're not autistic
oh my fucking god you're painful

How wrong can one retard be?

this

Greenday has nothing on 80s punk rock just fuck off

Yes, because incoherent distortion with uninteresting lyrics and edgy garbage is so above one of the greatest Punk bands ever. Fucking Pleb.

Only including their most popular songs from albums alone:
Jesus of Suburbia
Homecoming
Pulling Teeth
F.O.D. (including All by Myself)

Lurk more.

> Green Day
> one of the greatest Punk bands ever
> Criticizes OTHER bands for having uninteresting lyrics and being edgy garbage

>uninteresting lyrics and edgy garbage
>80s punk

pick one

This. Most so-called punks are globalists who support the EU and Soros-owned programs like Antifa and BLM. It's all corporate shit in disguise.

>Soros-owned programs like Antifa and BLM
So close to being a decent post

Its true though, soros funds all kinds of degenerate shit