Lord of the Rings

Okay I haven't read the books but I thought pic related was the coolest motherfucker in the films and yet it did nothing cool but fly around and then get defeated. Does the Witch King have a bigger role in the novels?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2TTB5t_4Nlc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why don't you fucking read it and find out yourself

>nothing cool but fly around
all that screeching was a magicspell, men became weak and cowardly just by hearing it

He was defeated the same way and was even more comical

>I thought pic related was the coolest motherfucker
You wouldn't enjoy the books user

men break down crying and literally shit themselves when he's near.

He also completely rekt gandalfs anus.

youtube.com/watch?v=2TTB5t_4Nlc

total lack of respect, he's a meanie

if I were him I would've oiled gandalf's precious anus, I'd have caressed it, kissed it, I would've made love to it while whispering "I love you" into the old man's hairy ear

No, his death is pretty much the same in the books.

I can't remember if it gets mentioned in the film but in the book Glorfindel prophesied centuries earlier that the Witch King would fall but not by "the hand of man". The woman and the hobbit are the only characters on the battlefield capable.

Well, first you gotta remember that he also did stuff in the FotR (stabbed Frodo and shit), then in the book he is the actual leader of Sauron's army (Gothmog's character got a bigger part in the movie). Also he has a bigger role in the lore of middle earth since he was the one who brought down the kingdom of Arnor in the North

ok this part always bugs me. when they say "no living man can kill him" do they mean literally a person with male genitalia cannot be able to kill the witch king, or a member of the human race cannot be able to defeat the witch king?

Also the films don't explain where Pippin or Mary whatever the fuck I can't remember which, got the magical dagger that he stabbed the witch king with.

He actually got it from Tom Bombadil

A person with a semen sack can't kill him, that clear enough for you?

that's a shitty concept desu.

in the movie aragorn gives it to the hobbits at weathertop since there's no tom bombabil

yeah in the book his sword was incribed with runes and shit to ward off evil magic or whatever.

in the movie it's just a sword.

that doesn't bother me, what does bother me is the editing of that scene, it just cuts to him being instantly behind him for half a second stabbing out of nowhere, shit I know he was on the horse with eowyn but they coudl have at least had a moment of him watching them fight, circling around creeping up whatever, it was like he teleported in.

protip: he was killed by merry's magical dagger

in the extended edition he was fighting some orc before he killed the witch king. but i take it you mean you wanted to see a shot where he was looking at eowyn getting rekt by the witch king

so what happens if a fucking white male kills him with the magical dagger?

The prophecy, "Far off yet is his doom, and not by the hand of man will he fall" dictated that events would play out in a certain way, not that it was literally impossible for a man to kill him. Man was assumed to mean the race of man, not gender, until the Battle of Pelennor Fields.

>male
>kills him
Pick one.

yes, he was just THERE on the witch king's ass instantly, it was such a jarring cut.

I agree pretty bad editing in that scene.

Men can hurt the ring wraiths just not kill them.

This'll the correct answer

How was Gandalf so weak yet he was a Maiar? The witch king was just a man who had got some demon powers through a faggot ring. Yet he beat a fucking Maiar. Sometimes I hate the bullshit LOTR lore.

It would be okay because you need a ball sack to be counted as male

that was "his hour" maybe some fat nigga magic that was supposed to make him a movafoca piec of nazgool

Apparently his powers got nerfed along with the other Wizards from the fear they'd become evil like Morgoth and Sauron

>Sometimes I hate the bullshit LOTR lore.

Gandalf doesn't get rekt in the book. This was added in the movie to give the Eowyn scene more weight. Their confrontation in the book is imo the best thing Tolkien ever wrote:

>In rode the Lord of the Nazgûl. A great black shape against the fires beyond he loomed up, grown to a vast menace of despair. In rode the Lord of the Nazgûl, under the archway that no enemy ever yet had passed, and all fled before his face.
>All save one. There waiting, silent and still in the space before the Gate, sat Gandalf upon Shadowfax: Shadowfax who alone among the free horses of the earth endured the terror, unmoving, steadfast as a graven image in Rath Dínen. "You cannot enter here," said Gandalf, and the huge shadow halted. "Go back to the abyss prepared for you! Go back! Fall into the nothingness that awaits you and your Master. Go!" The Black Rider flung back his hood, and behold! he had a kingly crown; and yet upon no head visible was it set. The red fires shone between it and the mantled shoulders vast and dark. From a mouth unseen there came a deadly laughter. "Old fool!" he said. "Old fool! This is my hour. Do you not know Death when you see it? Die now and curse in vain!" And with that he lifted high his sword and flames ran down the blade.
>And in that very moment, away behind in some courtyard of the city, a cock crowed. Shrill and clear he crowed, recking nothing of war nor of wizardry, welcoming only the morning that in the sky far above the shadows of death was coming with the dawn. And as if in answer there came from far away another note. Horns, horns, horns, in dark Mindolluin's sides they dimly echoed. Great horns of the north wildly blowing. Rohan had come at last.

>Rohan had come at last.
i got fucking chills when i read that line, and i already saw the movie dozens of time before that

it was always kinda unclear in the movies but where the Nazgul immortal? I imagine the one ring does something to make them stronger but the Witch King Clearly died, did those other dudes die when aragon set them on fire

>The drums rolled louder. Fires leaped up. Great engines crawled across the field; and in the midst was a huge ram, great as a forest-tree a hundred feet in length, swinging on mighty chains. Long had it been forging in the dark smithies of Mordor, and its hideous head, founded of black steel, was shaped in the likeness of a ravening wolf; on it spells of ruin lay. Grond they named it, in memory of the Hammer of the Underworld of old. Great beasts drew it, orcs surrounded it, and behind walked mountain-trolls to wield it.

>But about the Gate resistance still was stout, and there the knights of Dol Amroth and the hardiest of the garrison stood at bay. Shot and dart fell thick; siege-towers crashed or blazed suddenly like torches. All before the walls on wither side of the Gate the ground was choked with wreck and with bodies of the slain; yet still driven as by a madness more and more came up.

>Grond crawled on. Upon its housing no fire would catch; and though now and again some great beast that hauled it would go mad and spread stamping ruin among the orcs innumerable that guarded it, their bodies were cast aside from its path and others took their place.

>Grond crawled on. The drums rolled wildly. Over the hills of slain a hideous shape appeared: a horseman, tall, hooded, cloaked in black. Slowly, trampling the fallen, he rode forth, heeding no longer any dart. And as he did so a great fear fell on all, defender and foe alike; and the hands of men drooped to their sides, and no bow sang. For a moment all was still.

>The drums rolled and rattled. With a vast rush Grond was hurled forward by huge hands. It reached the Gate. It swung. A deep boom rumbled through the city like thunder running in the clouds. But the doors of iron and posts of steel withstood the stroke.

>Then the Black Captain rose in his stirrups and cried aloud in a dreadful voice, speaking in some forgotten tongue words of power and terror to rend both heart and stone.

>Thrice he cried. Thrice the great ram boomed. And suddenly upon the last stroke the Gate of Gondor broke. As if stricken by some blasting spell it burst asunder: there was a flash of searing lightning, and the doors tumbled in riven fragments to the ground.

Then

>away behind in some courtyard of the city, a cock crowed.
kek

He also does a bunch of stuff before the events of LOTR that might be honestly more interesting to read about.

Ma, Gandalf was a total bith-ass punk.

Don't forget the dementor was later on killed by an unskilled chick with 0 (ZERO) nada zilch none battle experience.

The Witch king represents the President of the United States who has eternally sold his soul to Sauron the (((manipulator))) in return for the "ultimate ring of power" or so he was told. He dies and becomes reborn repeatedly with slight changes but his evil will is always the same: whatever his (((overlord))) tells him to do. The Witch King, much like the POTUS "can never be killed by a mortal man" because all that does is make him come back stronger without harming (((Sauron))) at all.

Bravo Tolkien and Jackson.

I should re-read the books.

>zero
Yeah no. She had most likely trained fighting in her life, also she's a member of a pretty noteworthy bloodline of warriors and described as "fearless".

yeah this always annoyed me, it would have taken two cutaways ten seconds total, you have merry peeking over a dead horse looking on but shitting himself, back to eowyn and the king fighting near to the point of her getting rekt, back to him takes a breath and gets up, witch king chiking out eowyn no man can kill me, backstab.

Would a cis white male tranny non conformist asexual multi aBgendered identifying female lesbian reverse tranny pansexual be able to kill him?

nice

>ha ha, I am invincible against a very small fraction of living beings

he kinda got the short end of the power stick

>Is literally just a variation of the MacBeth prophesy
>STILL have retards like who even in a thread where it's been explained, thinks it means he's actually "invincible to men"

Two blue wizards

>Does the Witch King have a bigger role in the novels?
Yes.

The Hobbit was far, far better than LotR.

This. If you are an english native speaker or even if english literature is decently studied in your school programs, AND you don't get the reference, just kys.

I couldn't find a weak enough bait image to post.

Witch-King is like Macbeth, only more edgy

>ROHAN HAD COME AT LAST
>ROHAN HAD COME AT LAST
>ROHAN HAD COME AT LAST

Awesome

Anyone else sad they cut the part where the Rohirrim start singing Battle Hymns for the fallen during combat?

>teleports behind him
>I'm no man kid