Martin Scorsese recreated 19th-century New

>Martin Scorsese recreated 19th-century New
York on the lot of Cinecitta studios in Rome.
When George Lucas visited the massive set, he reportedly turned to Scorsese and said, "Sets like that can be done with computers now."

What did Lucas mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LY7x2Ihqjmc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The progress went so far that we are able to recreate the world around us in digital form

A director who heavily rely on the CGI, need to know how to pull off the best reactions from actors. So it's case by case, though. You can just call which one has upper hand on the other. A guy goes middle of it does good job in general as far as I concern.

George was admitting his autism means he cant tell reality from bad CGI.

>Lucas shot AOTC and ROTS on 1080p (actually slightly less) resolution digiital cameras, so while the original trilogy will get 4K scans that look amazing, the prequels are doomed to upscales

Man, technological progress is great!

He's right though, they spend days assembling the set and it gets minutes of screentime at most

>I dont care about realism I care about labor time.

hello autism

>Recreating 19th century New York in an ancient city like Rome
George was obviously disgusted.

He's got to be the dumbest director who ever made it big.

JC on set compared to Georgy boy.

>hiring Daniel Day Lewis to play Bill the Butcher
Actors like that can be done with computers now.

>writing a screenplay
screenplays like that can be done with AI's now

>What did Lucas mean by this?
He meant pic related, pure kino.

Mad respect for Cameron. He doesn't make the best movies, but he pours his heart and soul into them.

He should give up on Avatar though. No one cares about that movie anymore.

>creatures like this can be done with computers now.

James Cameron doesn't pour his heart and soul into James Cameron movies for James Cameron. James Cameron pours his heart and soul into James Cameron movies because Jmaes Cameron is... James Cameron.

>you vs. the guy she told you not to worry about

Actually, come to think of it, I would pay money to watch a film where the screenplay was written by an AI

A screenplay written by AI would be pretty weird, there would be dialogue that either doesn't relate to the plot or is too close to the plot. Have you ever seen news summaries e.g. on facebook where the headline has nothing to do with the story? That's what would happen.

If you've seen a Disney/Marvel flick, you already have.

It's already been done, AI is still pretty stupid thou:
youtube.com/watch?v=LY7x2Ihqjmc

What did Marty say?

"So I heard you want to make a movie, ha?"

Could you imagine Georgie doing the same in a set?

What the fuck were they thinking? Was the idea that since it was a few years before ROTJ that Jabba should look a little different? Or was this really their best attempt to make Jabba look like he did when he was a practical effect?

>He should give up on Avatar though. No one cares about that movie anymore.

This. It's gonna be so fucking cringey when he finally comes out with all 39 Avatar sequels and the very first sequel only makes like half of what the original made.

>What did Lucas mean by this?
He meant there's hope

so (old) 35 mm films have around 20 megapixel resolution per frame?

that would be around 10 times of 1080p (Episode II & III) lmao

In a best case scenario they have around that much. Kind of. Sort of. It's complicated.

But the Star Wars original trilogy will have nothing close to that due to the type of film used in production and the way the special effects were arranged. A best scan of the original negatives would probably give you a picture with quality around a good low-noise digital recording in 1080p (such at ROTS). I'm sure the OT will eventually be released in 4k, but the limitations will be easily noticeably compared to other films.

the rescans for Star Trek TNG they made for Bluray looked incredible. They also improve other stuff when they rescan the original source.

That being said I don't expect much more from the 4K scans.

Apparently Scorsese learned his lesson and is planning to digitally de-age Pacino and Deniro for some movie.

Why not hire RDJ to play Pacino?

Constructed sets don't look realistic, though. They're just as fakey as CG just in a different way.

CGI takes days of work for minutes of screentime too user