Transformers 5 General

Will Megatron become the last knight? The one to save them all from Optimus?
Also theories on what is approaching Earth in the trailer? (inb4 its obviously Unicron, could be something else)

youtube.com/watch?v=v-4rYf0x-F4

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YoLFDqePIAY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

NO OPTIMUS PLEASE DON'T KILL ME AAAARGH

never liked bumblebee anyway

It's obviously Unicron. Or at least controlled by unicron. It could very well be that Unicron is actually earth. Which would explain why everything seems to have randomly turned up on earth in these films (All spark, Matrix of leadership and the fallen, Sentinel Prime etc.)

Megatron will save Optimus and the Earth, and then Optimus will cut off his head again.

some theorize that the thing in the trailer is the remnants of Cybertron that the Quintessons threw together as a ship, and that Earth is Unicron, hence the giant horn in the desert and strange openings in the ocean floor

Ultron?

>Thinking they would reveal a tragic death scene for one of the franchises most beloved characters in the TRAILER for the godamn movie
...Bay wouldn't do that right guys? hehheh....heh...

Intense slow motion shots of characters

US President giving a major speech before a major action is to be committed.

Camera moving during most scenes. No static shots.

Two male leads at odds with another
A cataclysmic event as the narrative's fulcrumic point
A long-haired brunette, and will watched the film's climax from a control room

Actors/characters are almost uniformly shot in tight, emphatic close ups, framed under the hairline and above the chin.

Over-the-top visuals (i.e. key events taking place at sunset or dramatic events taking place behind actors doing routine activities).

Monotonic but intense musical cues during action-filled car chase scenes

Shots of aircraft against a setting sun, especially helicopters

Slow-motion shot of an object crashing into, or tumbling towards the camera.

Shot where the camera spins in a circle around characters.

Scenes that involve characters running or moving towards the camera (almost always shot in slow-motion)

Frenetic editing of action sequences.

One black character as comic relief

Shot of pilots running toward their aircraft for takeoff.

At least one shot of a man screaming in slow motion. Usually as a battle cry.

Extensive product placement

He's a big guy

i hope they make some nice toys for this shitfest. i do like transforming robot toys.

I swear to christ if they make Megs this badass and have batshit Optimus rip him in half I will assassinate Michael Bay.

>Megatron doesn't transform into a handheld pistol to be used by his second in command Starscream or Soundwave.
...aaaaaand dropped.

can the transformer even die?
i mean they will just use some resurrect shenanigans

>Megatron apologists

You guys are due for a face-taking.

Do you realize how impractical this would be in live action?

>Megatron is 50 ft fall monstrosity
>Optimus and crew are barreling down on the Decepticons
>Megs squints his eyes in the camera, does a backflip while transforming, and... shrinking..?
>50 ft fucker turns into a gun that would be at most 10 ft long
>totally breaks the intensity of the scene with the incredulous physics break
>some people walk out of the theater at this moment.

plus, both of them are dead, sadly.
>could be resurrected
>goddammit Bay

>Transformers 1: Kills a midget robot, smacks Optimus around a bit but then gets killed by a LITERAL human.
>Transformers 2: FALLEN MY MASTER, struggles to take on prime 3 vs 1, eventually gets him with a cowardly sneak attack, gets literally, unironically BTFO in every way shape or form and thrown in the trash shot by his own arm literally whimpering for starscream to save him in one of his last scenes.
>Transformers 3: SENTINEL MY MASTER, Is pretty much a hobo cripple through out the film. Gets his head ripped off.
>Transformers 4: HUMANS MY MASTER, gets a literal slave name Galvatron, Is a soulless slave to the humans, Beats optimus up in a body built by humans, not even the main villain.
>Transformers 5: ???

Its not looking good for dear old Megatron.

I'm tired of Megatron being a bitch. He's the goddamn leader. He needs to tear off some heads this time around, fuck.

also, notice his head and chest are heavily armored now.

>gets allspark in chest
>gets half his face blown off with his own gun
>gets head ripped off
>decides to make sure that can't happen again and armors up
>He and prime are fighting in tf5
>Optimus swings an axe on his head again
>deflects off, Megatron sneers
>"not this time, prime"
>I would shit a brick if this happened

His first death was silly
>here human allow me to lean over you with my chest for some reason hanging open exposing my spark.

I don't know if any of you played the game but his death in that was much better with optimus punching the all spark into his chest.

youtube.com/watch?v=YoLFDqePIAY

That's such an odd, jarring scene. Even for Bayformers. Not just the violence, but the anticlimactic pacing and Optimus's casual attitude toward killing a foe he's been periodically dealing with for hundreds of years. And then the movie just ends.

Much better death. I mean, Optimus knew he was about to get his spark ripped out, that was the only way they could kill him without Prime getting a sudden second wind. Still a bitch way to fuckin die.

he shouldve just shot Sam and been done with it. Idiot

Prime shouldntve been able to kill him anyway. Megs wanted a truce, and was willing to cooperate. Prime in his recent PTSD madness decided it was go time.

what shouldve happened:
>"time to find out"
> one-armed, beat to shit Optimus comes at him with an axe
>Megatron shoots him in the fucking head because he has a gun two working arms to aim it with
fuck you Bay

They still make these shitty movies? I didn't give a fuck after the second one. You faggots need to stop giving these fuckers money.

Take your wife's son to the zoo or some shit

they have at least 4 more planned. They make buckets of money, whether critics like it or not

Is this the biggest heel turn in history?

>Megatron flies off with the defeated decepticons back to cybertron, after all there is no more plans to save it and their race so there would be no need to bother Optimus and the humans again, when they arrive they find Unicron who then eats and spits them out again as Galvatron and co. who are then sent by him back to earth to capture Optimus in the next film.
This would have been much better than Lockdown outta nowhere and would have added something to Optimus and Megatrons character and showed that Bay was actually writing the films with thought to the sequels.

Unfortunately it looks like he was not.

Why bother having Megatron if he's visually unrecognizable? At least Optimus shares some visual cues to his classic 80s self, and his original voice.

Just make a new villain every movie and drop Megatron. Nobody who watches these are going to care.

Frank Welker is voicing him again actually, and he has his iconic fusion cannon now. Hes more 80s than ever tbqhfam

Bay also fucked up opportunities to have Shockwave or Starscream as main villains. He wants cashgrabs, and Optimus BTFOing Megs each time has worked thus far (except for 4, but 4 was shit anyway)

>the dinobots got the worst movie
>we'll probably never see them again
it hurts

sick trips
also, horridly accurate

omg what a waste of resources. we will never have anything good to enjoy

supposedly Grimlock and crew will return to fight the 3 headed predacon Scourge.
also there will be "mini dinobots"

if Bay gives grimlock a shitty voice i'll laugh out of the theater

After TF1, I enjoyed 4 the most. It just felt refreshing. Kind of like a soft reboot after the clusterfucks that were TF2-3.

>there are actual real life non chinese people that like these "films"

How?

I liked the reboot of it but goddamn, there were so many other problems

>during fights, camera was aimed at humans like 50% of the time
>decepti-whos dying in like 1 hit
>grimlock outta nowhere, was badass but very forced
>LAZY and UGLY transformation of Galvatron and co.
>Others transform offscreen most of the time
>Lockdown shouldve been quite shorter than Optimus, just by mass alone.
>"OH MY GOOOOOOD!!!!" cringe every time
>Bee looked better in his first form in the movie
>Stupid human drama I dont care about
>That one song they kept playing was awful. Linkin Park came out with "I'll be gone" a year before which would have tonally fit the move way better

it was a trainwreck