What exactly was the point of captain Phasma? She does fuckall in the movie

What exactly was the point of captain Phasma? She does fuckall in the movie.

Well, actually she does one thing. She disables the Starkiller base's shield the second a guy points a gun at her

Disney's Boba Fett.

Bootleg boba fett, without any appeal, and without any scenes.
They just show him and kill him/her as if that would make her any cool

>white womyn distracts audience from the person that did the most damage in TFA, who actually pulled the trigger on Starkiller Base

"cool badass female" that actually does nothing cool or badass

To sell toys.

So that when EA makes Battlefront 2 they have a special character for the Imperial team

To show how incompetent women are.

She's just disney's attempt to make a new boba fett

Only Fett had some pretty cool armour and was actually intimidating, Phasma is just a push over. All I could think during her deactivating the shields was how she must really hate the Order, considering how quick she is to disable the shields.

That aside, why would an officer have the know-how to disable the assumedly complex shieldling mechanisms on the base? They could replace phasma with some random tech in that scene and at least then Phasma would be upgraded from shit to useless.

The thought of them naming it Star Wars Battlefront 2 makes me irrationally angry.

>LEL THROW HER DOWN INTO THE TRASH COMPACTOR HAHAH REMEMBER THAT FROM THE PREVIOUS FILMS HAHAH

>why would an officer have the know-how to disable the assumedly complex shieldling mechanisms on the base?
Same reason a sanitation worker turned stormtrooper turned rebel would know about the base's only weak spot

>How does Rey use the force to the capacity of a Jedi Master within hours of learning of its existence?
>How does FN2187 know about Starkiller Base's design and a fundamental flaw in it?
>Why was FN2187, a sanitation worker with no formal combat experience, taken on a mission with a Knight of Ren to retrieve sensitive information?
>How does FN2187, a sanitation worker with no formal combat experience, wield a lightsaber and match in combat against a stormtrooper apparently trained and equipped to exterminate Jedi?
>How does FN2187, a sanitation worker with no formal combat experience, wield a lightsaber and match in combat a trained Sith apprentice?
>Why did Chewbacca shoot Ben Solo?

So many questions that have no answer other than shitty writing.

The Force Awakens is one of the most incoherent movies ever produced. Tommy Wiseau couldn't have done it better.

Hell, at least The Room had emotion.

Luke, did I ever tell you about Captain Phasma of the First Order?
She led the most elite platoon of stormtroopers the galaxy had ever known, which included the space janitor FN-2187 who was later known as 'Finn'. Her Chromium armour was made from a melted down Naboo starcruiser that happened to have been the personal yacht of Emperor Sheev Palpatine.
In the battle for Starkiller base she readily deactivated the base shields while at gunpoint thus displaying why women can never be trusted with positions of power. Women are simply incapable of loyalty.
It was later implied she was thrown into a garbage compactor, a reference to your own adventure on the Death Star in Episode IV, and never heard from again. She likely died a gruesome death being crushed to death by the mechanical walls of the garbage compactor or simply dying in the explosion and internal collapse of the Starkiller base.

>fucking the pasta up

...she was a good friend

>those gloves

>It was later implied she was thrown into a garbage compactor, a reference to your own adventure on the Death Star in Episode IV, and never heard from again. She likely died a gruesome death being crushed to death by the mechanical walls of the garbage compactor or simply dying in the explosion and internal collapse of the Starkiller base.
Oh no my friend, she's already confirmed for returning in Episode 8.

>Wait, how did she survive and escape the Starkiller Base?
You'll learn that when you learn what the fuck Poe was doing for half the movie.

>how had Han, who had been best friends with Chewbacca for the better part of half a century, never used his friend's only weapon at least once before?

>>Why did Chewbacca shoot Ben Solo?
Really? I mean. All other questions are legit, but this, really? He fucking stabbed Han!

i think all the storm troopers have a 2nd job, not that it was mentioned in the movies

toys, a pointless spot for a GoT star to draw plebs, a pointless spot for a stronk womyn to show diversity, whatever, take your pick

you know they're making episode 8 right?

you dense fuck

She should be hanged for treason
She's the single reason the starkillerbase was deactivated

We never see her escape the planet, but then again the movie never explains how Poe survived the crash and how he managed to fly back to the resistance base from a planet surrounded by First Order fleet, so I guess it makes sense that she's alive somehow.

>Poe and Finn's TIE crashes into Jakku
>Poe is nowhere to be seen, so finn fucks off
>an hour later Poe turns out to be alive
>which means he woke up before Finn after the crash
>he couldn't possibly not see Finn lying there
>so basically he fucked off and left Finn to die under the desert sun
>but then when they meet again they embrace as if they had been best friends for decades, even though they've known each other for maybe half an hour
>also no time to explain how Poe survived and what he did while off-screen

Yea, they handled Phasma so badly. She should have been the one to fight Finn with the weird wii controller thing. Or not willing given the codes, just something she had on a device.

>Time to flee the planet
>be sure to take our recyclables and garbage with us

god damn these movies are going to be awful.

She's literally just there to sell toys and so they can prattle on and one in interviews about how progressive TFA is for having a strong independent womyn as the leader of the stormtroopers.

>having a strong independent womyn
Which is stupid

They went out of their way to portray the First Order as literally space Nazis, and then they put a woman in a position of power. How many women were officers in the SS?

First Order is more diverse than the empire. It's not just old british white men. It's still Human only, but it's not some white power movement.

Shhh, it's not supposed to actually make sense. Plus she was totally underwhelming in the movie itself. Literally it's only purpose was to have that she-man Lady Brienne be able to go around on talk shows talking about muh feminism.

I feel like the character was originally supposed to be male. He would have been Finn's commanding officer and would have harangued him for being a coward. The irony being that he himself caved as soon as his life was actually threatened and showing that Finn was always braver than Phasma was.

Then they decided to make Phasma a female and they couldn't have a strong female character being a bully and a coward. But rather than rewrite the character, they just decided to not beat you over the head with the irony of Phasma being a coward and hoped you wouldn't notice.

>It's still Human only
Finn says hi

>was actually intimidating,

Come to think about it, I think Phasma (and by extension, all the FO troops) would have been a lot more intimidating if the armour actually conveyed a sense of being intimidating.

Compare the shit they designed for new stormtroopers to old Stormtroopers or Ep3 Clone Troops, it's hardly a contest.

The original stormtroopers didn't look one bit inti8midating to me desu

because you've seen hundreds of parodies

This they are goofy 70s space henchmen. Same tier as the original Cylons.

I think I remember reading Poe was supposed to die but they decided to keep the actor in the film and wrote him in the rest of the movie.

what's the point of that retarded little babby scope on that gun when you're wearing a helmet like that?

Didn't Gwen say she was supposed to do more in the sequels? I don't remember who said it but someone said during the press or right after it came out that her character would be have a bigger role/expanded in the sequels. Perhaps they told her that but don't have that much in mind because I got to agree, she seemed wasted in the role. It could have been played by anyone. We just have to wait for the sequels. I also agree they wanted their boba fett for the movie-but without what organically made the original character a hit.

full metal fingers. maximum shitall grip. who designs this stuff

It's intended to look cool, not practical. 99.5% of the people who watch this movie won't give a fuck about those things, they won't even notice them.

imo, they forced her to be as cool as Boba. People found TR-8R more badass because it wasn't forced and for what he did on camera.

I really hate this mindset in filmmaking.
>who cares if any of this stuff makes sense? We're gonna make billions of dollars!

she's going to switch side in ep 8. Why would they hire an iconic actress if this was not the case? At some point she will remove that mask

I wish someone "important" in the gaming world would just shit all over this game.

>unless I missed it

I believe she was there to be the hardass to balance out Kylo Ren being a huge pussy but they kind of fucked up

It feels like JJ only wrote one draft of the script and didn't really think anything through.

They hired Peter Dinklage to be the voice of a little floating robot in the Destiny videogame and he turned out to be incredibly boring. Don't underestimate what producers will do in order to generate HYPE.

Well that's what big budget movies made by big budget studios are for

She has to come back in ep 8 so Finn can chimp out on her face again