Buddy Holly

Imagine what he would have done if he didn't get on that plane.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j1WlVs0aDnw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He would've joined the Beatles and Paul and Buddy would have kicked out John and been the best rock band of all time.

Everyone would remember Paul, Buddy, Ringo, and Eric Clapton.

Who knows, that dude is legitimately kind of an anomaly. Was like 10 years ahead of his time.

we wouldn't have gotten the song american pie tho, peak dadrock

Rush was peak Dadrock

Tfw you will never live in a world where that rock lineup exists

You might've gotten dubs, but I disagree.
I DO believe, however, that there would've been some sort of collaboration between The Crickets and The Beatles, and members of each band would've made guest appearances on each other's albums, and no, John would NOT get kicked out of his own band. HE FORMED THE BEATLES.

Then we would've just had Wings 8 years earlier. Which is a good thing.

Assuming that The Crickets would've taken drugs.

like all the 50's rockers he would have been old, dead, or incapable of being relavnt in the 60's.

I mean Elvis just fades into nothing in the 60's and the fucking 60's were going on.

The american government always hated rock music and they did everything they did to kill it. And they thought it was dead at the end of the 50's.

And then four lads from liverpool descended from the heavens (engerland)

It was twenty years ago today
Sgt. Pepper taught the band to play
They've been going in and out of style
But they're guaranteed to raise a smile
So may I introduce to you
The act you've known for all these years
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

>rock n rollers that don't want to do drugs

What would Weezer have written that song about instead?

Carl Sagan

>Elvis fades into nothing
>Releases Suspicious Minds
>Releases Hunk of burning Love
>Releases In The Ghetto
>All songs chart into the Top Ten

Just keep telling yourself that Elvis faded into nothing while he kept getting fatter, and fatter, user.

But Cuomo would still look like Buddy Holly if he was alive

I dont get it wasnt he one of those 50s rockabilly rocknroll elvis kinda guys? What was it about his music that stood out from the rest? I always hear how he was the best and how he would've been legendary had he continued but no one ever says that about the other guy in that crash Richie Valens

>Teenagers John Lennon and Paul McCartney saw Holly for the first time when he appeared on Sunday Night at the London Palladium.[72] The two had recently met and begun their musical association. They studied Holly's records, learned his performance style and lyricism, and based their act around his persona. Inspired by Holly's insect-themed Crickets, they chose to name their band "The Beatles". Lennon and McCartney later cited Holly as their main influence

>Two nights before Holly's death, on January 31, 1959, 17-year-old Bob Dylan attended Holly's performance in Duluth. Dylan referred to this in his acceptance speech when he received the Grammy Award for Album of the Year for Time Out of Mind in 1998: " ... when I was sixteen or seventeen years old, I went to see Buddy Holly play at Duluth National Guard Armory and I was three feet away from him ... and he looked at me. And I just have some sort of feeling that he was ... with us all the time we were making this record in some kind of way"

>Mick Jagger saw Holly performing live in Woolwich, London, during a tour of England; Jagger particularly remembered Holly's performance of "Not Fade Away" – a song that also inspired Keith Richards, who modeled his early guitar playing on the track. The Rolling Stones had a hit version of the song in 1964.[80] Richards later said, "[Holly] passed it on via the Beatles and via [the Rolling Stones] ... He's in everybody"

youtube.com/watch?v=j1WlVs0aDnw

Buddy Holly was actually really progressive for his time, and heading more in that direction. Check out his second album. Not revolutionary by any means, but you can see he showed a lot of promise. "Everyday" sounds like halfway between chamber pop and The Velvet Underground's third album. Words Of Love sounds like Jangle Pop.

I'd say at the point of his career when he died, he was about where The Beatles were with "Beatles For Sale". Fitting, since they cover Holly's "Words Of Love" on that album. So 6 years or so ahead of his time.

Who knows, maybe he wouldn't have developed much. But any additional contribution to the evolution of rock would have had a ripple effect.

I think he would have faded into relative obscurity like Chuck Berry and Little Richard sadly.

Buddy Holly was beyond 12 bar structures.
I think he would have taken the folk rock route eventually

he was a legend
you gotta remember some of that stuff coming out was like 1955, doo wop and elvis were considered edgy.

This. Nobody pre-Beatles compared to Buddy.