Is this streaming any place?

Is this streaming any place?

Other urls found in this thread:

bgr.com/2017/01/02/star-wars-a-new-hope-4k-release/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just torrent it. It's on public trackers.

I have them on my computer at home. I just have my laptop and not a great connection.

Ah. Sorry, can't help. I don't stream anything.

It's odd that you can easily find the official blu ray versions on dailymotion but not this.

"despecialized" is fucking garbage
>muh instagram filters

Haven't seen it, but I thought it doesn't really do any color correction? Could be wrong though.

it reverses color correction added in special editions

>it's another 'ironically favor the special editions thread

what's the difference between despecialized and silver screen version?

>not a great connection
more reason to download a torrent instead of streaming.

Aren't they meant to be screening the original ANH in UltraHD 4k/8k cinemas or some shit soon? Hope that shit makes it to bluray

Nah
bgr.com/2017/01/02/star-wars-a-new-hope-4k-release/
>As exciting as watching the original movie in 4K may sound, Edwards did not say anything about the film actually being prepared for a summer 2017 limited release. That’s just speculation, for the time being.

Probably won't be much different anyway since 78mm can hold way more detail than 4K, would have been nice to have a 4K BR source tho

If they do it will be the shitty upgraded version

>78mm
Wait what am I talking about, ANH was on 35mm
Still more detail than 4K tho, it's too bad the only public 35mm transfer is awful

They're pretty overdue for a re-release of the originals, the last BluRay release was in 2011 iirc, before disney even took over.
Maybe they'll do something around when VIII releases, probably afterward to make sure it doesn't interfere with ticket sales

I'd rather see a stream of the Silver Screen edition

are there updated versions of the de-specialized version?

You post this in every thread and I've repeatedly told you that is not true.

>what's the difference between despecialized and silver screen version?
Source material. The despecialized is of better quality, especially audio wise. However, the silver screen is more "authentic" looking.

The current version is Star Wars 2.7, ESB 2.0 and ROTJ 2.5

3.0 is in the words as well as 1080p.

I'm kind of a dumbass but how much does it cost to restore a 35mm film? Is it possible for a fan to get a print and restore it in 4k themselves?

Fuck off

go to bed Lucas.

Its been digitally fucked with worse than regular special editions.

There are several fan 35mm restorations of Star Wars going on, all professional tier.

It costs a shitload of money, but people do it regardless. The only problem is that the release date is "when it's done".

"2011"

If you reverse something that's been color corrected, I don't think it recovers the original color information.

>78mm
70mm, my friend

Is it me or do some parts of ROTJ really hard and difficult to see? I hope it can get re-restored one day.

No it hasn't. It's been restored to theatrical edition, hence the name.

Pretty expensive afaik, I think the Team Negative guys had a custom setup which would photograph each still frame with a high-res sensor, the fact they had to build that themselves instead of buying/using a transfer service should show how hard/expensive it is.

But even then it's probably even harder to find an original 35mm print of ANH, at least I've never seen one for sale publicly.

That's why you compare your work against the original theatrical editions.

The magenta overlap is also apparent in several scenes with Vader's lightsaber.

Oh, that explains it. Between fox and disney for star wars is retarded. You would think they would get the full rights to the movies after spending 4 billion for it, but they just don't for some reason. There is no reason for anybody to be excited over disney owning SW. There won't be an unaltered trilogy blu ray release (that we know of), and the new movies are garbage.

why is this?

Because Lucas didn't care about giving quality releases. Just bang out the blu-rays for quick cash.

But why even add an overlap like that if he didn't care?

so many of these changes are just weird.