Why couldn't they just make a Man of Steel trilogy? The first one was a rocky start...

Why couldn't they just make a Man of Steel trilogy? The first one was a rocky start, but they could have built upon it more, made it better. Show Superman helping to rebuild Metropolis after the Black Zero event, trying to improve his public image. Give more character development to Clark and his relationship with Lois, more world-building, hint at Batman as some nutjob in Gotham but don't actually show him, introduce more of his rogues like Parasite or Lobo (I would actually save Brainiac for a Justice League movie), etc... Imagine Clark exchanging bants with Perry and Jimmy at the Planet. We'll never get that.

Instead we got this muddled, incoherent mess of a mess called BvS. Fuck Warner Bros.

Other urls found in this thread:

digitalspy.com/movies/news/a796082/russell-crowe-talks-why-he-wasnt-in-batman-v-superman-and-dr-jekyll-standalone/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Superman is boring AF

Thats why

zack snyder is one of the greatest hacks of all time

Yeah, no. Get your head out of your ass and actually read some Birthright or All-Star, hell read John Byrne's run and then tell me Superman sucks.

I like Zack's visual style, but he is definitely a piss-poor storyteller. He claims to be a big Superman fan, but he doesn't understand anything about the character at all, and what makes him stand out from other superheroes.

Why couldn't they just make superman save people instead of murdering them?

they were going for something "original"

THEN HOW ABOUT NOT MAKING A FUCKING SUPERMAN MOVIE ?

It seemed like that was the next natural step to do a followup but they got cold feet over the MoS reception so it became BREAK GLASS FOR BATMAN IN CASE OF FAILURE

Failure in huge fucking quotes obviously.

digitalspy.com/movies/news/a796082/russell-crowe-talks-why-he-wasnt-in-batman-v-superman-and-dr-jekyll-standalone/

They saw the box office, they saw the reviews, and they panicked so cannibalised the MoS sequel to push forward with the Justice League.

>Yeah, no. Get your head out of your ass and actually read some Birthright or All-Star
I watched All Star. It was boring.

>the first one was a rocky start

No it wasn't. Drooling, unmasculine morons disliking a movie is not a rocky start. MoS is as good as TDK.

Bad script, bad editing and the jesus themes are so sloppily thrown at the viewer it becomes distracting. It's shit m8.
>Drooling, unmasculine morons
That's oddly specific. You ok?

>I would actually save Brainiac for a Justice League movie
Why? Just because he is more well known than any Justice League specific villain?

This desu. Not a comic fan but I dunno how they'd make Superman entertaining after that, but I've had enough of every DC hero already. Just make another Batman trilogy. Forget the JUSTice League and that other bullshit.

I don't think anyone really wanted a sequel to Man of Steel. It had a "lukewarm" reception and didn't make mad bank. Warner had to throw Batman AND Wonder Woman into the sequel to get people interested.

That would have been the smart thing to do. Instead they rushed things and killed him off before his second movie for fuck's sake.

Why the fuck would you do DoS before he's even established? Fucking retarded.

The funny thing is man of steel has been the best reviewed DC movie.

Yeah, and by doing that they managed to make people disinterested in JL.

gg DC

WB have demonstrated they have no idea what they're doing. They're not on the level of Sony's handling of Spiderman, but they're getting pretty close.

This. they should shelve jsutice league and do a batman trilogy first. reshoot justice league if you have to later on to make it fit in. but its so obvious wb are in it for the money. There's no effort put into these movies.

You can't say that because at least Sony made Spider-man 2 and that's leagues above Marvel and DC capeshit.

>Why the fuck would you do DoS before he's even established?

It's actually not a bad idea. Sure, we all know he'll return, but at least he's not impossible to kill anymore. The next time he faces a big threat we will think he can actually die this time.

Except that story loses it's impact if half the planet hates Superman. His death in DoS was effective and shocking because he was not only the most powerful JLA memeber, but its leader as well.

Because it underperformed.

So WB panicked and went straight for the big money with BvS and then that underperformed. Then say panicked and copied Marvel with Suicide Squad and that did good.

Now Justice League is going to follow that formula despite SS being the worst reviewed movie to date in the DCEU / MCEU.

They need to fire Zack Snyder and bring someone in who knows what they're doing.

>Then say panicked and copied Marvel with Suicide Squad and that did good.

Eh, not really. It got beaten by Deadpool despite having 3 times the budget.

not trying to start anything, but im surprised you disliked BvS when Cavil's superman reminded me of Brynes most of all

Not sure that they still hate him tho. He did kind of "sacrificed" his life to save the world again.

and whats stops him from coming back a second time?

Deadpool did amazing.

Suicide Squad did good. Nothing wrong with 175m budget making 750m. The advertising definitely paid for itself with all the merchandise they're selling.

I'm talking about Sony's handling of Spiderman post Raimi trilogy obviously. The series didn't need a reboot that fucking soon and it was a pure cash grab.

>but at least he's not impossible to kill anymore.
They can just kill him and bring him back again. Really the entire thing was so rushed that it had no buildup. The entire Doomsday fight was a clusterfuck.

Because the people in charge of the DCU are retards that have no clue how to make good movies based on the source material or characters.

who was out of character, only one i can think of who felt more or less likes an oc where enchantress and Deadshot, which 3 films in is a way better track then marvel had.

Read the book.

Snyder not only understands these characters, he understands the comics genre in general better than about 75% of comics "fans."

in b4 his article on having Batman raped in prison

What?

That one article proves he doesn't get any of these characters

t. Snyder

Superman is suppose to be aloof but still a nice and willingly heroic guy.

Supes looks pained in the movies when he isn't doing things on his own accord. Superman was never like that.

Though, I guess this characterization makes sense if they are going for some Injustice style storyline in the future movies.

>Supes looks pained in the movies when he isn't doing things on his own accord. Superman was never like that.

>Though, I guess this characterization makes sense if they are going for some Injustice style storyline in the future movies.

in the context of the universe Superman is doing things to help people but all it does is cause controversy, he doesn't intervene in political scrimmages and mostly handles natural disasters and you get two extremes, peopel that see him as this god like figure and others as this potential threat.

Would've been interesting to see in the 2 years since MoS if he had tried to do any public speaking to assure people of his motives.

>Read the book
Why don't you read real books you fucking pleb.

He's defending Superman like a ravenous fanboy. Do you think he's intelligent enough to even read Narnia? NO.

lolno
But it's as good as TDKR

>capeshit

Get back to feggit.

TDKR has better memes, so TDKR>>>>MoS.

What is feggit and why you know about that?

Also you saw the reactions of his friends and family to his death. Batman and Superman considered themselves to be like brothers.

In BvS? It's some guy he nearly killed and a woman he talked to once.

Batman, when he killed all those people with guns. Joker and Harley's relationship. Whatever the fuck Luthor was.

> 3 films in better track record featuring the world's most popular Heroes and most popular villains.

As posted to marvels fist 3 films featuring C List characters