Is this the most sincere album ever made?

is this the most sincere album ever made?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CJUJr2X-98M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no, its a gimmick

sufjan is a popstar and with each album he pulls a different gimmick in order to sell his music
its never about the music but about the image

>sufjan is a popstar
>enjoy your rabbit exists
????

oh, one old mildly "experimental" album in a discography that basically consists of indie pop/folk pop/synthpop

i guess that means he isn't a pop star right?

>>the beatles are popstars
>>revolution 9 exists
that's u

I dunno, it's definitely really heartfelt.

It's one of those albums where sincerity amounts to more than just self-centered flagellation like an Elliott Smith type (who I love anyway). It's just pure empathy in music form, which is fascinating and rare.

>sufjan is a popstar
I don't think you know what that means. Is this bait?
>with each album he pulls a different gimmick in order to sell his music
>its never about the music but about the image
Are you a psychopath? People don't bleed out their most personal, darkest thoughts so that they can improve their image. Did Sufjan fuck your girlfriend or something, you seem really pissed off with the guy.

sufjan has about 100 songs that are comparable to revolution 9, the beatles were literally just pop rock, one song that influenced heavy metal and one experimental song

BQE exists, Year of the Rabbit exists, 6 hours of fucking christmas music no one asked for exists. He is obviously not a popstar

youtube.com/watch?v=CJUJr2X-98M

Really digging this top 40 hit desu

>acting like sufjan doesn't have dozens of inoffensive ballad pop songs

yes but for every inoffensive albeit incredible pop song he has another more incredible experimental song, and this diversity is a large reason why he is respected so much as an artist

this is the worst thread i've seen in a long time just wanted to say

This is.

If he’s a pop star, he’s probably one of the few exceptionally talented ones out there.

lol he doesn't like illinois

it always pains me to say this but he sacrificed good melodies and song structures for that sincerity

makes sense because he probably just felt fucking around on the guitar and wallowing in his pain when he wrote these songs but i hope sometime he makes an album that contains the best of both worlds (im not banking on now only judging by the single)

emotional dishonesty: the albums

Not at all, but it is honest, he is just describing the process of losing someone important to him, he even said that making the listener feel bad wasn't his intention.

second most sincere
pic related

ok computer or yip jump music

sun kil moon did it better and before him

It's sincere to the point of laziness.

its their most overrated album, why dont people listen to ghosts of the great highway or even april

this. i appreciate it for what it is but the album honestly bores me because of how uninteresting it is musically.

kendrick lamar

God I couldn't think of anything more boring.

have you heard fleet foxes

I've listened to his whole discography many times but Benji is specifically about death like carrie and lowell

You make a very convincing point.

I'm halfway in agreement with you guys, but Ravens, Swims, Soria Moria and Crow are legit good songs.