Lost

only two valid answers. well done

Bones

AMC®'s The Walking Dead™

PREVIOUSLY ON VIKINGS

AMC's The Walking Dead

PREVIOUSLY ON THE STAR WARS

Stargate SG-1

The torrents I download usually cut the "previously on" bit out of the recording, and if they don't then I skip past them anyway, so I never really hear them say "Previously on [show title]."

Battlestar Galactica

STAR FIGHT
youtube.com/watch?v=Lu9dUG3_KNA

You're a disgusting pleb who uses disgusting pleb torrents.

Don't even watch much TWD but it's totally this for me

This.

giles voice

>previously on buffy the vampire slayer

Outlander

My nigga

Elena of Avalor rule 34 when?

MIND QUAD!

Honestly, I hate the "previously on" segments anyway. Especially in longer-running shows, they just serve to indirectly spoil surprises and plot points in the episode I'm about to watch. There'll be some character that was supposed to be gone or something and guess what they do in the "previously on"? They recap all the important things that character did and show him disappearing. Oh, I guess that guy's coming back in this episode. Glad I know that now so that all the build up the writers put into the episode to tease and surprise me is completely squandered. It's fucking dumb.

>Lloyd Braun: Previously, on LOST...
>Desmond: I'm training
>Jack: Training for what?
>Desmond: For a race around the world. I'll see ya in another life brotha.
>Desmond: Lower your gun, or I'll blow his damned head off brotha!
>*hollow slamming noise*

Example?

Dragon ball z

I believe Heroes had an episode where some time after Hiro trapped Adam there was an episode where they went out of their way to show clips of Adam and how he got trapped in the "Previously on" part, and I was like, "Oh, okay, guess he's coming back this episode," and it spoiled the entire episode because the WHOLE EPISODE built up to him reappearing and he wasn't revealed until the end of the episode.

It's hard to come up with a lot of specific examples from memory, especially because I've been skipping the "Previously on" for many years because they always just made me mad at all the indirect spoilers. But basically what happens is that there will be some thing that hasn't come up in a long time (an event, character, item, whatever), and it's going to play a role in the current episode. Because they can't afford to have anyone in the audience left out because they forgot or because they didn't watch earlier episodes or whatever, they have to include that thing in the "Previously on" segment to contextualize what everyone is about to see. But then you know it's about to be in the episode, which ruins any dramatic tension or build-up that was written in about the reveal or reintroduction of that thing, or just even the general surprise factor of seeing it to begin with, because now you know to expect it.

So yeah, fuck those recaps. I hate them, they're just a bunch of spoilers directed at people with bad memories or who are plebs that don't watch all the episodes or who try to just get into a show partway through without watching all the episodes preceding.

YU-GI-OH