Dude I hate capitalism, lets just delete all debt with our super hacking powers

>Dude I hate capitalism, lets just delete all debt with our super hacking powers

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jqvKjsIxT_8
pastebin.com/cC76807A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Nobody lends money any more
>Nobody invests in anything
>No new businesses can be started
>Existing businesses have no access to capital
>Economic depression so bad that the great depression would look like the good times

wew nice plan

Well, I mean the second season was about Elliot and his gang realizing how fucking stupid hacking the biggest conglomerate and erasing the banking records for over three quarters of the country is for the economy. As well as realizing that what they did hurt more people than they were planning to save. It's his delusional sister who keeps fucking up and carrying out stupid anarchist plans. The writers realize and are not trying to push an edgy anarchist plan, some characters though are very delusional. Not bad writing.

The very concept of banking -- lending money into existence -- should be abolished.

Misguided altruism mixed with contempt for the elite. And second season showed the downfall of such naivety, it's wonderful.

>super elite hackers
>can't understand macroeconomics 101
>have to invent Chinese tyranny to explain why the genius plan failed
Also pic related, you use Linux bro? Guess that makes us bffs!

Nope, that's where you should go -- with your fellow mouthbreathers.

the forest must burn to grow anew

Is he hacking for some Jap gold, sledgehamma?

Meant for this dumbass:

mr sjw

Came unto d2 expecting more muslim qt

>tfw less screentime than s1

dumb communist

>all banks keep their records on a few isolated servers
>All computer scientists, white hats and pentagon cyber security analysts are unable to dismantle Elliot's bug
>people wouldn't be hurt more than the banks when the banks end all mortgage and seize properties.

And who will provide captial?

Individuals, and groups of individuals that pool resources.

>groups of individuals
>not banks

Wow, you have absolutely no clue how banking works, do you?

>No new businesses can be started

Become a farmer. I take blowjobs for chickens.

It is called, "usury," and is against some religions (Christianity for instance). Which is why the Jew loves it.

The idea that an enormous company like that would have a singular backup location was stupid as fuck. I work for a company nowhere near the Fortune 500 and we have two backups for every single database.

People who want to pay for goods and services.

>reset all debt
>rich people still hold almost all of the capital

fucking stupid

you do know that banks typically only have about 10% of what people actually have deposited in them right? like if everyone who had money in the bank tried to withdraw at the same time then everyone is fucked.

>Change monetary system form dollars to memes.
>Sup Forums is the mew world superpower

I wonder which board would be the richest.

this, if tyrell turns out to be really alive then he must be really gay for elliott

if debt was reset capital would lose all of it's current value though, I'm not sure how you don't understand that

w h a t

physical things like land, utilities, natural resources still exist, right?

rich people own those. that's why they're rich. they can hire people to protect those things in exchange for those things.

how fucking dumb are you?

The monetary system works differently and much more disturbingly than that what you suggest. Deposits are not the basis for lending, they are the product of lending. Every dollar in existence was born in the form of a loan.

Sup Forums, Sup Forums or Sup Forums

the most skilled memester

The point is abolishing the concept of lending would destroy the world pretty much.

>Every dollar in existence was born in the form of a loan.

?, not everyone lives in debt

without a debt record you no longer own anything, how fucking dumb are you?

>yfw all the money that exists in the world wouldn't be enough to pay all the debt

Banks are the biggest jewish scam of them all

>you magically lose possession of everything you own, including the resources to protect things you claim to own, if debt is reset

????????

He's alive didn't you see the last episode?

You have no clue how banking works, apparently.

>The point is abolishing the concept of lending would destroy the world pretty much.

I don't oppose the concept of lending -- of course lending is useful. What I oppose is the concept of lending money into existence, which is the basis of our current monetary system.

>?, not everyone lives in debt

You don't seem to be following. Every dollar of the money supply was created by a bank extending credit -- whether in the form of a mortgage, a business loan, or (less commonly) a central bank through its open market operations. In the current system, money cannot exist without credit. The money supply can only grow because banks "print new money" every time they make a loan. Individuals, in contrast, do not increase the money supply when they lend to each other.

i've seen it, but i'm waiting for the twist.

You wouldn't lose possession of something, but you couldn't prove it's yours or establish a value, people would just take your things. We are clearly looking at this very differently. I don't think you would be able to defend wealth in a world where the rules were erased

If you had actually watched the show, you would realize that them not knowing the consequences of their actions by deleting all the debt is part of the story

literally all of season 2 is about the consequences of their actions from the first season

I'm not versed in economics, but immediately seeing your post, I believe that would probably be the easiest way to keep people oppressed and in the same class forever.

>oh you want to start a business to compete with ABC corp? Sorry, you'll need at least $500,000 to rent space, pay utilities, hire lawyers, pay employees, etc. etc. etc.
>Oh well, looks like you're remain a wagie forever, then huh?

Not to mention loaning creates worth. You'd have a crippled economy.

The rich like to grow worth by loaning money or risking it, and banks do that as well, especially for new startups.

>there's no record that you own anything, which means there's no way you could ever own it again

we are looking at this very differently, it's just that i'm right and smart and you're wrong and dumb

It's a shame that less than 1% of the population understands how banks work, and what a scam the whole system is.

One thing that always puzzled me is how the Left (with a few exceptions) completely neglects the issue. For some reason, the only group that pays attention to the problem are right-libertarians/Austrians like Murray Rothbard. That's too bad, because it's a hugely important issue, and there should be multiple ideological approaches to tackling it.

I tried to like this show but it's too edgy and "I'm so superior, fuck this world and these idiots" for me

That's called an investment bank.
>ask 10,000 people "hey I want to build this thing called an iPhone, could you lend me 50 million dollars?"

For a fun 45-minute overview of the subject, check out "Money as Debt":

youtube.com/watch?v=jqvKjsIxT_8

It's not perfect or comprehensive, but it's a good first step to understanding how banking and the monetary system actually work.

>Bankers fucked up the economy by being greedy irl
>Super hakers fucked up the economy on Mr. Robot

bit ironic

It's a bigger shame that the dunning kruger effect exists and there's a group of people who know how banks work bur don't understand how money really works.

How do you think the first empires were built? On sticks and magic? Banks are the reason any of society exists

thank you user. Very interesting.

>>people would just take your things.
I could see myself going into town with a few like minded individuals and sacking it with our AR-15s and Tannerite if such a thing.

The problem is nobody has thought of a better way than capitalism, so the rich will just continue to exploit everyone forever until something better comes along.

Human nature means being 50% covered in shit is still better than 100% covered in shit.

>That's called an investment bank.

I have no objection to investment banks, venture capitalists, private equity funds, mutual funds, peer-to-peer lending, etc. None of these entities conduct "banking" in the modern monetary sense (i.e., where loans create new deposits and hence increase the money supply).

>I am the 1%

I mean Sup Forums memed a retard into presidency so I guess they're doing pretty well

You sound confused. I'm not objecting to lending and investing. It is economically rational to have a system that allows savers to transfer spending power to entrepreneurs and established businesses in exchange for interest or dividends.

What I object to is the idea that money itself should be created via private bank lending. Such a system funnels trillions of dollars every year to bankers as a form of 'guaranteed virtual seigniorage'. Again, that's on top of any earned profits based on calculated risk-taking -- making smart investments, etc. Those trillions rightfully belong to taxpayers, and indeed if properly distributed would eliminate the need for an income tax.

retard

>implying any monetary system isn't already a set of memes
step up your understanding, bruh

Besides showing how stupid the idea was in terms of how they thought erasing the debt files would make everything great versus how it made shit even worse/didn't stop ECorp one bit, they also established in season two that erasing the debt was actually part of a multi-step plan by Mr Robot/Elliot to annihilate ECorp.

Phase one was to eliminate the debt digitally. Phase two is to blow up the building containing the actual paper debt, once ECorp gather all of the physical paperwork into a single place, to recreate the digital data via the paper back-ups. And it's implied that there is a phase three and more, given Elliot's alliance with Whiterose.

The whole thing went tits up because Elliot and his split personality have come to loggerheads over the fact that they have to kill hundreds of innocent people in order to blow up the building with the paperwork. Also, Elliot allowing himself to be put in jail for a couple of months for what he did to his therapist's ex. That basically put FSociety into his sister's hands and she went all "We Are Legion" with the group, since Elliot/Mr Robot never told her about White Rose and Phase Two and beyond.

>dude (((banks))) are the good guys

Just wait until next season when "dude the russians hacked the election"

Check the catalogue. Most Sup Forums posters are Star Wars fanatics who assume "Protagonist = faultless, unimpeachable Good Guy" as a matter of faith. The very idea that main characters might be mistaken or "in error" about anything is anathema to their autistic worldview.

Kill yourself

Transcript for the impatient: pastebin.com/cC76807A

lets the workers own the means of production