Did no one else see the most important film of the year?

Did no one else see the most important film of the year?

No, it's difficult to have empathy for dindus

where to watch this kino? it's not playing in any theater here and I doubt it is gonna be played at all unless it wins some oscars

I really don't want to see a film about the down low culture

>we wuz broke backs n shit

>praising a "woe is me! SEE how pitiable I am! WEEP for me for I am suffering so!" condescending wankfest liberal shitstain of a movie

I saw it about a month ago at my local art house. Probably the best film I saw in 2016.

I heard there is gay black sex - is that true?

might watch

>watching nigger movies
no thanks.

This. As the great Armond White said: "Moonlight pleads for pity for a gay, black character, and pity is always for the weak". How can a man be so based?

I guarantee that you haven't seen it.

Just a chaste kiss

No, not until someone releases a screener.

It's unknown when it will be played in my country's cinemas and the dvd will be released only on the 28th of February.

Got shafted the same last year with Carol, which ended up my favorite movie. Hopefully Moonlight will be the same.

THIS was the best black movie of the year.

Overrated

I mean, it's a great movie. Great, believable dialogue, well-directed, amazing actors, but the third act is such a limp-dicked mess. It's begging us to care about this small moment at the very end, when they've set up this sprawling story taking place over 10+ years. I guess you could argue that a small moment like that defines a lifetime, but there was no suspense. There was no will they/won't they in the last 20 minutes. You know what's going to happen, it does, then it ends. Fucking boring.

This would get no attention if it was about a white,heterosexual couple. There was no real ties about it being about poor, black people in the drug community that affected the love story.

Once again, great movie. Great set up, knows how to be subtle and realistic, but man was that ending boring.

There was also a handjob

>There was no will they/won't they in the last 20 minutes.
What? There was pretty obvious tension. I was more disappointed that the actual ending was them just sitting there in each others arms.

What in the fuck are you talking about? Of course this has to do with being poor and black in the drug community. The guy grows up in an environment that is completely inhospitable to the sexual inclination he feels. As a result, he cannot embrace something, a sexual interest, that is a huge part of the identity of anyone. He feels forced into a situation where he submerges his desires and he ends up being the one thing he never wanted to be, the embodiment of an empty hypermasculinity that has nowhere to go but the drug corners.

You clearly did not understand the movie at all.

I agree. Best movie of 2016 for sure. I can't wait to get on blu ray

Good post
Bad post

>I read the sparknotes for Twilight of the Idols

Pseudo-intellectualism they name is user.

This film made me feel all kinds of feelings.

All the Sup Forumstards trashing it without even seeing it purely because it's about a gay black man are only doing themselves a disservice.

I love me some Miles Davis but this didn't look very good.

You're right. I just imagine that everyone when they're young is called a faggot all the time. And I figured him becoming a dealer was solely influenced by his father-figure's influence. But your point is also an important factor.

Waiting for the bluray.

This. I'd say the only thing I didn't like about the movie was the scene before the last scene, when kevin just consoles him by caressing chiron

It felt like a somewhat random and jarring way for the movie to end.

Its fucking great
>shows how degenerate gays are
>black people also hate it because it shows that their thugs are little bum pirates too

i want a blacula remake

Maybe if you weren't autistic, you'd realize it was the most obvious thing that both of them wanted. I bet you can't even tell when a girl is hitting on you.