Why is this better than any lightsaber fight in any of the films...

Why is this better than any lightsaber fight in any of the films? Seriously why the fuck can't something like this be in the movies.

youtube.com/watch?v=3VB_vjVxcic

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2vMUj8bKr2E
youtube.com/watch?v=WIj7gIDFDe4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genndy_Tartakovsky
youtube.com/watch?v=x6zFGio6kRg
youtube.com/watch?v=9WBY-C-VKTg
youtube.com/watch?v=VCZlrGkKi2Q
i.imgur.com/suvAMuY.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

star wars is gay

Best saber fights outside of Eps 4 and 7 have always been flashy, visceral, and brutal affairs. Seriously look at the fights in ESB and ROTJ, there's a brutality behind them and in the sequels it become more toned down but replaced instead with superhuman exploits. And it was only the case in ep 4 because of budgetary/acting/visionary restraints.

Of course Disney took saber fights back a giant step in ep 7 on its insistence to copy ep 4 at every turn.

>Of course Disney took saber fights back a giant step in ep 7 on its insistence to copy ep 4 at every turn.

user, are you taking the piss right now?

The saber fight from Episode 7 was better than anything in the prequels. It just seemed much more believable and didn't have any ridiculous shit like Sheev's spin move.

>when anakin uses the red lightsaber

whew lad

>That part where it flashes to obi wan, qui gon and yoda
Kino
But why the hell didn't the Jedi put him on probation or under surveillance after this?

how could they know desu

I dunno, I always felt that the crazy spin shit honestly makes more sense for jedi. They use the force to sense everything and often augment their reflexes and abilities with it as well. So, it makes sense to focus on a sort of acrobatic mindgame in a force user vs force user situation.

That show was fucking kino

You could make the same argument for the way the fights were structured in the originals. With the Jedi focusing and using calm, calculated and deliberate moves which reflected real life sword fighting better than the grandeur of the prequels.

My biggest issue with the prequel fights was just how much of it seemed totally unnecessary and for spectacle. It just seemed like they were doing interpretive dances at some points.

>how could they know
Anakin literally returns in Ventress's ship and basically admits to Obi-Wan that he killed her

yay undeveloped villain vs undeveloped hero that nobody likes

If you watch the Yoda-Dooku fight, I think less than half of the swings the two make actually end in their lightsabers touching.

well shit yeah thats a given i dont see why killing sith would be an issue. if they knew anakin used the dark side to defeat her than they would have reason to stick him in probation.

Bacause Star Wars is always this light hearted fun for the whole family. This is way too serious for Star Wars. Which is a shame since a darker tone suits the universe so well.

>muh villains need a Silmarillion-level personal anthology of character development to be interesting.

Yeah, no. You got the sense that Ventress was a capable and ruthless Sith and that's literally all you need for her to work.

>decapitation, immolation, people losing limbs and being cut in half
>light hearted fun for the whole family

That's a fair assessment. Honestly, perhaps the best option would've been to show a mix of styles of swordplay.

For instance, the acrobatic dancing shit could've been primarily anakin's thing due to him being a cocky little shit, whereas Obi-Wan could've reasonably fought similarly to ANH. It would've been a better show of the loss of varied technique of the jedi's golden age than everyone going from dancing glowstick twirling wizards to slow, meandering swordsmen.

She has a more interesting back story than any of the other sith lords (except ani i guess)

If I remember correctly though OP's link is her first appearance in Star Wars.

but killing isn't muh jedi way

you forgot people being eaten alive

but thats ok as long as there is no nudity or adult jokes!

Kids love that shit.

this was the shit back in the day

why would you use a dual lightsaber the same way you would a sword? It's light right? , so it wouldn't matter how much force you put in your swings, so all you have to do is swing the saber at two different angles of attack and it would literally be impossible for the other guy to block.

a 10 year old kid who was sitting with his mom in the cinema was traumatized by the scene when Anakin gets burned

you forgot
>murdering children and women
>killing younglins
>nigger loosing his arms and screeming

youtube.com/watch?v=2vMUj8bKr2E

Holy fuck what is this bullshit? How the hell has not one of them had their hands sliced off yet?

Remember Episode I when ani attacks that federation blockade? That's home alone level light heartedness.

Reminds me of Samurai Jack

>Ten year old kid
>Traumatized by violence
Haha no. By that age, if you're not playing COD and GTA (or in that era, Halo 2 and GTA San Andreas) you're a socially retarded faggot.

>Oh no gory stuff! How deep and scary!

I HATE U

I thought that the fight between Kylo and Finn was very visceral and brutal. I really got the sense that they despised each other and wanted the other dead.

not by violence, but by a man being burned alive

>Why is this better than any lightsaber fight in any of the films? Seriously why the fuck can't something like this be in the movies.
The sets required and the shots it would take to recreate that fight scene would take a lot out of the budget or be pure CGI and you faggots would be posting it on this cambodian snake charming internet podium and laughing about how comical and cartoony it looks.

Why did the nerf General Griveous so hard?

youtube.com/watch?v=WIj7gIDFDe4

The best sabre fights are the ones made for the old republic cinematic trailers.

Even Mace Windu punching the shit out of the droids is better than anything that shitty childish 3D Clone Wars did.

kino

ctrl+f: tarta no results

>Why is this better
Because Tartakovsky

>Reminds me of Samurai Jack
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genndy_Tartakovsky

Great fit for SW since as an animator it's obvious he has really studied every movement and the rythm from the Japanese classics. People forget that SW's DNA owes a lot to Kurosawa and old westerns, something completely absent in nu-SW. The only influences in JJA's SW were a bit of Miyazaki and Tezuka in the first couple of scenes (only the beginning is artistically interesting), then for the rest of the movie it's just referencing SW itself, poorly, without any vision or personality.

Lucas giving the same name Clone Wars to the second CGI show is obvious sabotage, a way of making the Tartakovsky show invisible and immediately forgotten. He knew it was the best SW thing since ESB and this couldn't be allowed.

No the fight was weirdly jerky. It had no fluidity. The CGI show had the same problem.

Same animator.

Because it was made by the guy who made the most Kino cartoon: Samurai Jack

> Spectacle is good
Fight scenes are interesting because of the characters, not because it's flashy. This is why ESB duel is the best. Fucking children.

Why has no one mentioned Jedi Academy?

>Lightsaber battles in the style of a wuxia film
>Force jump being upgraded to downright flying ala wire fu
>Jedi becoming very lightweight enough to be thrown be explosions
>for razor wind type attacks, they can just Force push or saber throw
>The Force turning into chi attacks

I really wish for Jedi Academy style lightsaber battles in live action, even better, no CGI save for removing the wires on actors or the lightsaber rotoscoping.

This series was really good. Is it still canon or did the 3D clone wars shit replace it?

If Shaggy didn't panic they would have won

t. George Lucas.

Anakin is much better in this cartoon than the movie.

Is this bait?

youtube.com/watch?v=x6zFGio6kRg

Tartakovsky is GOAT, shame he's stuck making those Hotel Transylvania movies.

If I was rich I would hire him and give him an obscene budget to animate a new prequel trilogy based on those Belated Media vids about it because I have autism.

He drew the Luke Cage comic for Marvel

Tartakovsky's Clone Wars was the only redeeming factor of the prequels. It's also remarkably hard to find a hard copy of but the whole thing is on youtube.

youtube.com/watch?v=9WBY-C-VKTg

it looks gay and its retarded

Because that's all non canon now.

Yeah it's great.

The choreography is the best. At one point she tries to force push him again and he puts his shoulder down and blitzes through it.

Not as great as this ofc

youtube.com/watch?v=VCZlrGkKi2Q

That art style is gross though

Anikan actually does the same overhead flip he did on mustafar but it worked this time, but not against obi wan

That's attention to detail

her backstory is fleshed out in the Clone Wars 3D series
i.imgur.com/suvAMuY.jpg

The 3D clone wars cartoon turned out pretty good after it got over its growing pains as well.

How the fuck did Anakin overcome the high ground so many times? Ventress is a fucking amateur.

why does anaking look like a fucking marine

>always this shit argument

>dude spinning lmao
>dude jumping lmao
>dude flipping lmao
>dude swinging on vines lmao
>dude force-throwing massive objects around effortlessly lmao
>dude getting crushed by a 20+ ton stone column but not getting injured lmao
>dude ugly art style lmao
>dude shitty animation lmao
>dude shitty voice acting lmao
>dude shitty midi music lmao
pure shit. tartakovsky is a massive hack. fuck this garbage and all its obsessed, delusional apologists

Yes let the dark side flow through you.

>only time I felt anything was the end and then I realized that's because it was a tribute to RotJ

Tartakovsky's Clone Wars was the enlightenment earned by my prequel penance.

>tartakovsky is a massive hack
Goodness, is it already time to kill yourself?

This fight totally explains his disregard for high ground later.

>posting url for an image instead of just posting the image

Jesus dude, how new are you?

The image is huge. I could have just posted it and let Sup Forums resize it but a bunch of newfags would have complained they can't see shit, not knowing to just open it in a new tab. Every time.