Wealth inequality in America

Why is your country so fucked and why won't a Trump/Clinton presidency solve the problem?
youtu.be/QPKKQnijnsM

Why is discussion about wealth inequality even a thing? Of course there is wealth inequality in a capitalist free market. It's not a bad thing either. You work hard = you make more money. What's the big deal?

Are you saying your country is not just as fucked?

It's a lot bigger than people think. And people already think it's too big.

I actually think the gap is fine. I've heard of studies where they take rich people and poor people and give them the same income. The rich people ended with more money then the poor people even though everyone was 'equal'. Some people are naturally better with money.

I haven't done any economics in my tertiary education but surely having such a large sum of money must bring issues with circulation, considering that that just 1% have as much as the bottom 40%

Besides, I don't think it's that hard work when a Clinton can get 500K for two speeches while a full time minimum wage worker will have to work nearly 40 years full time just to get that much.

>Are you saying your country is not just as fucked?
I probably pay less taxes than you guys considering I don't have to pay state tax and even so there's a lot of social security nets here that make sure that all citizens get enough opportunities here as well as universal health care. There isn't really any reason for someone to be in poverty here. I really just feel sorry for you guys sometimes.

For once I'm happy to be in the red.... low end of it, sure, but red none the less

>You work hard = you make more money
There are a lot of people who work really hard that don't make very much money, memecuck.

Teachers are the first example that come to mind.

Fuck off left cunt. Who are you to decide what's a fair share? Just make your own fucking money, you're not entitled to anything.

This isn't a problem at all.

Is close to 100k not a lot? How much do teachers get paid in the land of the free? Furthermore, what is your point? Some people make more money than others. Deal with it

And why is there this implied leftist crap of rich = evil and poor = good. Answer me why that is?

>inb4 joose

>I haven't done any economics
it shows

>surely having such a large sum of money must bring issues with circulation
are you one of the retards who think that the 1% have huge scrooge mcduck style vaults where they stash all their cash away?
protip: they don't. pretty much all their money is invested in one form or another, and a little bit they use for consumption.

Because poor people are treated as peasants while rich people are treated as gods.

Nonono poor people ARE peasants and rich people ARE "gods"
Fuck off already you communist shill

Teachers don't get paid that much because the market is so over saturated.

Go find one of them and hire them to teach you economics.

>There are a lot of people who work really hard that don't make very much money

"working hard" is a meme people use to appeal to naive idiots.
how much time or effort you spend on working is completely irrelevant. the only thing that matters is the results you have to show for it.

i can spend 14 hours a day working supr hard at manually cutting down trees and chopping them up into firewood. doesnt matter - at the end of the day a sawmill operater just laughs at that and outperforms me by a factor of 1000. now all my chopped wood is worth pennies, and the people who buy firewood don't give a shit whether the wood was made in 14 hours of hard work by me, or in 2 minutes of pressing a button by the sawmill operator.

tl;rd it doesnt matter how hard you work. what matters is how productive you are.

Well at least try to put some effort into making bantz, leafland

Your claim, memecuck, is that if you work harder you will make more money. I was just pointing out how that isn't always the case. You probably didn't understand what I meant because you're a conservative retard.

"work hard = get more money"

Hahahahahahaha, good joke, keep believing that bullshit.

>fallacious assumption economic equality is best because it is "fair"
>australian flag

This. Work smart rather than hard (fugg, that sounds like some retarded marketing slogan).