Literally the greatest album ever made

literally the greatest album ever made

No. But it's the greatest album Kanye made.

Bound 2 exists, so it's not the greatest album to have ever existed.

But it comes close.

>I KEEP IT TREE HUNNID
>UH
>LIKE DA ROMANZ

wow 10/10
almost as good as kendrick "1 2 3 4 5 im the best rapper alive" lamar

but he mean 300 like CCC cool calm collected bro...

>goes on genius once

God i hate kanye shitposts. fuckoff will ya

Okay what's your explanation for your interpretation?

He thought 300 was about romans

Hmm, that's a dumb explanation. If you want to assume he's that dumb and just attack any alternative explanation then nobody here can change your mind.

I can't handle no liquor
But these bitches can't handle me

Sure he thought that, and/or he used romans because it rhymed with trojans. Either way, you'd have to be doing mental gymnastics to believe he meant 300 as in Roman numerals. He's not exactly a stalwart of lyricism.

>Sure he thought that,
>IT'S OBVIOUS, MY ARGUMENT DEPENDS ON HOW OBVIOUS IT IS

You're trying quite hard to make sure it doesn't make sense. Is it just more convenient for you to think of him as a bad lyricist and work towards that conclusion?

Maybe you'd have a case if he was ever a good lyricist in his career.

You don't really understand how burden of proof works, huh?

He's the greatest Lyricist of all time.

I'm not being ironic.

I think he was just making a joke and playing off the names of classical civilizations.

It’s great and all but it’s only the 4th best Kanye album.

Graduation>MBDTF>Late Registration>Yeezus>College Dropout>TLOP>808's
checks out

Isn't it more like he chose a better rhyme/flow over being correct? Theres no way I would have known they weren't Romans, but even if I did I think I would have just used the better sounding line if I was Ye, its still 'close enough'.

>even the catchiest pop song on Yeezus is pleb filter

TLOP > Yeezus > 808's > TCD > MBDTF > LR > > > Graduation

Smh people never get it right. It’s CD>LR>MBDTF>Yeezus>Graduation>TLOP>808’s

MBDTF > Yeezus = 808s > Grad = TLOP > LR > CD

Yes. He's obviously just trying to make the line sound good, and it does sound better with Romans instead of Spartans. CCC is such a dumb explanation though, but art is supposed to be interpreted in different ways so I can't stop you.

CCC is an explanation that makes perfect sense, your alternative is not only dumb but totally nonsensical. What does "I keep it 300 like the Spartans" mean in the context of Black Skinhead? Do you think he's rapping about having 299 other black skinheads to fight alongside or something gay like that?

I love how you people treat Roman numerals like some big brain high IQ high art concept that's too advanced for Kanye West to use in some funny wordplay, did any of you graduate high school?

He references 300 the movie, he think they were Romans. What does 300 like the romans mean? That makes no sense. He's fucked up other lines before it's no big deal.

No, he keeps it 300, rather than 100 (a saying among black folk), as an exaggeration. Occam's razor proves you wrong. Game over.

Again, you're going far out of your way to decide that he's just making random retard mistakes with no direction. This is a really lazy argument on your part.

Hey at least you're not being lazy, but you haven't made fewer assumptions than me just because your assumptions lead to a negative outcome. Not how Occam's Razor works I'm afraid :c

Didn't have to go too far out of my way to state the most common interpretation of this line. Sounds like you're looking for every possible excuse and can't admit Kanye was wrong lol

Common with who, Youtube comments? Maybe you should go back.

Lmfao with everybody who listened to Yeezus since it came out

>WITH EVERYONE
Your way to mad son

>people still don't get Bound 2 is a parody of Kanye's chipmunk soul stage

What's worse is people still don't get it even after he released a music video that is as tacky and bad as humanly possible, and people still thought he was being sincere/unironic.

He doesn't sound very cool, calm, or collected in that song, though. That's literally the point.
Are you baiting me

Can someone explain Kanye hype to me please?
His songs usually rely on dumb decades old gimmicks which no respected electronic artist would call an achievemnt.
But when this is done to hip-hop, it suddenly becomes "innovation" and "unparalleled artistic vision".

not even the greatest hiphop album ever made
nor the greatest hiphop producer album ever made
nor the greatest kanye album ever made

this

I'm going to keep posting this until one of you chucklefucks can present a more plausible explanation.

Most of the anons who defend this line (CCC hurr) are retarded Stans. It's a good line, however it needs to be looked at in context. It is a reference to the movie 300 while being an intentional mistake. The previous line supports this (They say I'm possessed / It's an Omen) by being an incorrect reference to the movie The Omen (the child is the literal Antichrist, not possessed). Both lines are meant to be intentional misunderstandings of popular culture (one of which is a stylized representation of what has already happened while the other is a stylized representation of what is to come).

Whether or not this fits into a meta-narrative that spans the track / album depends more on your confirmation bias than anything. Kanye seems to have a track record of feeling that his style is being misunderstood. Go figure.

>write post
>people run away
So this... is the power... of Anonymous...

>intentional mistake
No way. The possessed vs Antichrist thing isn't enough of a mistake, and 300 like the Romans is just a fuck up.

Pretty sure Kanye has straight up said the line is romans because it sounds better.

>isn't enough of a mistake
This is what cognitive dissonance looks like.

I'd be willing to read / watch that if you have the source.

after listening through his entire catalogue again recently, yeezus might actually be his worst record. that or 808s.

yeah u think?

>This is what cognitive dissonance looks like.
You're the one reaching

filter him
hes a pretentious asshole who has no fun and wants to argue

>so embarrassed of your opinions that you don't reply directly in hopes FRIENDO won't see it
Very sad- no confidence.
The difference between possession and being the literal son of Satan is just as (if not more) significant of a "mistake" as referring to the Spartans as Romans. Calling it "not enough of a mistake" is both a concession that it is indeed a legitimate mistake but because of some vague reason (which you will never elucidate) it doesn't count in establishing a theme for the whole line itself.

If filtering me worked, you wouldn't be posting about it ;)

Absolutely this, it's only because he is black and mainstream he is getting this kind of praise

im on mobile
have to see your posts

Nobody is forcing you to be on Sup Forums.

If there was every any instance in his whole career of him putting that much thought into his lyrics then maybe you'd have a point. What most likely happened is that he made a mistake.

>If there was every any instance in his whole career of him putting that much thought into his lyrics
Kanye has a reputation as an autistic perfectionist. This is well known and you can find countless instances of him re-re-re-re-re-recording things until they are exactly the way he wants them. Is it completely unthinkable that this ethos applies to his lyrics as well?

> What most likely happened
This is incorrect. Let's break down our options.
Option 1: Kanye made two mistakes rapid-fire, none of the dozens of people who heard it had the heart to tell him.
Option 2: Kanye made two mistakes rapid-fire, someone told him, he refused to fix it for absolutely no reason whatsoever.
Option 3: Kanye made two mistakes rapid-fire, none of the dozens of people who heard it realized the mistakes that were immediately picked up by literally every other person who heard the line.
Option 4: Kanye made a mildly clever line that somehow managed to trigger endless arguments between the anti-Kanye crowd and his own brainlet Stans.

Which of these appears the most likely to you ? Please try to be honest.

Name 1 (one) other instance in kanye's lyrics that's as convoluted.

>This is well known and you can find countless instances of him re-re-re-re-re-recording things until they are exactly the way he wants them.

do you know TLOP constantly modified and re-recorded in TIDAL, even though the album was released?

...and ?

>Kanye has a reputation as an autistic perfectionist.

oh god you are just blind isn't it

A lot of the lyrics for Yeezus were written and recoded at the last minute. Its entirely possible that he made a mistake and messed up his reference.

>Kanye is an autistic perfectionist and re-records things a lot to this effect
>yeah but did u hear about the time he re recorded something a lot??
>uh yeah, so
>haha ur so blind
HAS FRIENDO FINALLY MET HIS MATCH ??

It's also entirely possible that he made a mildly clever line which went over the heads of both camps because they're both populated entirely by morons.

>It's also entirely possible that he made a mildly clever line which went over the heads of both camps because they're both populated entirely by morons.

Equally as possible. I personally don't care if it was intentional or not but people going around saying he's a perfectionist in defense of lyrics that may or may not make sense when some of the lyrics were written and or recorded two days before the album was delivered to the label might not really know what they are talking about.

>Equally as possible.
Alright, identify which one of these you think happened.
>I personally don't care if it was intentional or not
Epic. Simply epic.
>some of the lyrics were written and or recorded two days before the album was delivered to the label might not really know what they are talking about.
Kind of sounds like you're seeing what you want to see and rather than admit you have nothing to contribute you'd rather weakly attempt to throw a wrench into a conversation between people who do :o)

>accomplish world peace by reconstructing psychic's brain and transfer to incompleted teleport machine, makes explosion on new york

miss me with that Ozymandias bullshit

>be autistic and self-obsessed Kanye
>autistically self-obsessing over how misunderstood I am
>make a mildly clever line referencing how misunderstood I am during a song with multiple lines about how misunderstood I am
>everyone misunderstands the line about how misunderstood I am on the song about how misunderstood I am
I don't think he'd be such a douche if people didn't continually reinforce his delusions desu. It's not he was being that subtle.

i feel that the first half of yeezus is kanye trying to be new and innovative, but by the second half he's just going back to his old ideas of other albums

That album cover is fitting becauz it's disposable trash that doesn't even deserve its own artwork lmaooooo.

>I was in too deep like Mekhi Phife In that pussy so deep I could have drowned twice

did kanye make a mistake or was he talking about a different movie?

>Kanye made two mistakes rapid-fire, none of the dozens of people who heard it realized the mistakes that were immediately picked up by literally every other person who heard the line.
This, honestly non-austistic people really don't care about the difference between being posessed by the devil or being the son of the devil, you're the first person I've seen consider this a "mistake," and that Sparta was in Rome is a common misconception.

This is what denial looks like.

How

Explain

It looks like denial because you'd rather believe that everyone involved in the production of the album and every single person who heard the line all shared the idea that Sparta was in Rome instead of admit the possibility of Kanye writing a single alright line on an otherwise unremarkable album.

That's more believable than
>It is a reference to the movie 300 while being an intentional mistake. The previous line supports this (They say I'm possessed / It's an Omen) by being an incorrect reference to the movie The Omen (the child is the literal Antichrist, not possessed). Both lines are meant to be intentional misunderstandings of popular culture (one of which is a stylized representation of what has already happened while the other is a stylized representation of what is to come).

Do I need to use dumb-dumb words in meme format to show you how simple of a line it is?
>People misunderstand me so I will parody this by misunderstanding things :D:D
Does that make it easier for you ?