Horror movie with weird looking monster or alien

>horror movie with weird looking monster or alien
>Immediately called "lovecraftian horror"

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/list/ls063909150/
shanemarais.net/movies-ive-seen/movies-ive-seen-t/the-host-2006/
letterboxd.com/watchinpreacher/list/good-lovecraftian-films/detail/
dreadcentral.com/news/53204/top-11-lovecraftian-horror-films/2/
strangehorizons.com/non-fiction/articles/cosmic-horror-in-john-carpenters-apocalypse-trilogy/
denofgeek.com/movies/18189/hp-lovecraft-and-his-lasting-impact-on-cinema#ixzz4V8bZnJkR
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shadow_Out_of_Time
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

name one example of that

>true detective
>the host

The Thing

I said one example. You failed

nobody calls The Thing lovecraftian, especially now that the prequel makes it purely sci-fi

Highly recommended.

>nobody calls the movie set in the antarctic with the tentacle monster lovecraftian

>people who never read lovecraft calling anything "lovecraftian"

You're the only one calling The Host Lovecraftian. True Detective actually did have legit Lovecraft events, until they all turned out to be >implications.

How? TD is a show, so I did technically list one example

>people who read problematicraft

Re-animator

Hellraiser

Yeah, they do.

looks fake

>I was only pretending my dear anons

No one does

>legit Lovecraft events

No, it did not. Unless I missed the stories about southern inbreds raping and killing kids.

OK? Amazing rebuttal

Stranger things

Nah. It's a fan film done in the style of the old 20's silent films, and it really is well done.

>problematicraft

Read the rest of my statement. There were implications of a deeper, more cosmic story throughout the whole story, it's just that they all turned out to be pretty much just window dressing with no actual substance.

>You're the only one calling The Host Lovecraftian
A quick search proves you wrong:
>imdb.com/list/ls063909150/
>shanemarais.net/movies-ive-seen/movies-ive-seen-t/the-host-2006/
>letterboxd.com/watchinpreacher/list/good-lovecraftian-films/detail/
And so on.

I've only read like 10 lovecraft stories, but I can't imagine most of them being made into a movie unless it had a massive comic book movie budget. Some of the things he describes would be actually impossible to create.

I'm really drunk, but there is one about a guy who I think finds himself in the body of some crazy alien and he is like searching the library as the creature and it was really cool but I completely forget it now. It might have been a creature that used to exist on earth once but left? fuck I'm retarded right now, or at all times

Those are quotes from internet users, you can find examples of random people saying anything. Give me actual critic reviews of The Host that mention Lovecraft.

Name a single "Lovecraftian event", you fucking moron.

KAFKAESQUE

>The first part of John Carpenter’s Apocalypse Trilogy (along with In the Mouth of Madness and Prince of Darkness, each with their own Lovecraftian ties), The Thing has intense Lovecraftian issues as we learn that if the indescribable thing reaches the unsuspecting human population, it would certainly mean the end of life as we know it. Although the movie was actually based on John W. Campbell, Jr.’s novella, Who Goes There?, moviegoers have long appreciated the influence that H.P. Lovecraft certainly had on both the book and movie versions of the story. And tentacles, oh yeah, plenty of tentacles!
dreadcentral.com/news/53204/top-11-lovecraftian-horror-films/2/

>While there aren't any direct references to Lovecraft in The Thing, there are certainly no shortage of indirect ones, beginning with the Antarctic setting (a nod to Lovecraft's "At the Mountains of Madness"). While the creature in The Thing isn't found in a cyclopean ruined city, it is discovered in an equally gigantic spaceship, frozen in ice that one of the characters hypothesizes must be "100,000 years old at least." And, in true Lovecraftian fashion, the implications of the creature's nature drives one of the protagonists (played by Wilford Brimley) insane.
strangehorizons.com/non-fiction/articles/cosmic-horror-in-john-carpenters-apocalypse-trilogy/

So there were no legit lovecraft events. It was bullshit fans thought up. You're as bad as those weirdo Wincest retards from Supernatural.

>John Carpenter is an outspoken admirer of Lovecraft’s writing. The Thing may have contained hints of the author’s ideas, but the under-appreciated In The Mouth Of Madness (1995) was a Lovecraft tribute writ large. Its dramatic title could have been dreamed up by the author himelf, as could the scenario, in which a horror novelist experiences a looping, supernatural nightmare that ultimately drives him insane. One pivotal character is even named Mrs Pickman, taken from the Lovecraft story, Pickman’s Model.

Regarding HP Lovecraft, Carpenter once correctly asserted the following: "A master craftsman, Lovecraft brings compelling visions of nightmarish fear, invisible worlds and the demons of the unconscious. If one author truly represents the very best in American literary horror, it is HP Lovecraft."

denofgeek.com/movies/18189/hp-lovecraft-and-his-lasting-impact-on-cinema#ixzz4V8bZnJkR

I proved you wrong. You made it sound like I came up with it one the spot, when in fact I've heard it called "lovecraftian" before. I'm pretty sure even discussion threads on Sup Forums have brought the term up. I'm not going to dredge through "critic" reviews for a film I saw nearly 10 years ago just to prove you wrong even more.

>there's still these faggots on Sup Forums who think TD was going to turn into a supernatural thriller

No wonder we can't get past comic book movies and star wars. You idiots can't consume media without some sci-fi or fantasy element.

Akte X, Junggebliebene (dir. Lange, 1993)

Is John Carpenter's The Thing considered "Lovecraftian" due to being a remake that's based on a book that's "inspired" by Lovecraft's At the Mountain of Madness?

>Movie about an author who has a black cat
>The cat is named Nigger Man
>Immediately called "Lovecraftian horror"

Why do you keep quoting me when I'm talking to the faggot saying True Detective was Lovecraftian?

>purely sci-fi
You are now aware that Lovecraft's tales of extraterrestrial horror are indeed sci-fi at their core.

>I'm really drunk, but there is one about a guy who I think finds himself in the body of some crazy alien and he is like searching the library as the creature and it was really cool but I completely forget it now. It might have been a creature that used to exist on earth once but left?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Shadow_Out_of_Time

Tfw actual Lovecraft fan
Tfw favorite story is At The Mountains Of Madness but really love the short stories too
Tfw all normies and Jewlywood are interested in is le Cthulhu mythos

Life is suffering.

Thank you so much. I knew somebody would know what I was rambling about.

>tfw no Dream Cycle trilogy

Dreams in the witch house is my favorite, I don't even really care about cthulhu stuff. He had tons of crazy cool stories that people don't even care about

Name one

>king in yellow
>lovecraft

Jurassic Park

cloverfield

Soz