Can we stop with this "the prequels were always hated" meme?

Can we stop with this "the prequels were always hated" meme?

youtube.com/watch?v=CjVFmaKtksg

Oh my goodness, you fucking child

When TPM IMMEDIATELY came out, everyone praised it like it was the second coming

After a while, like a few years, people started hating it

It wasn't just last year or so because not everyone watches or even knows what RLM is because not everyone's a fucking fa/tv/irgin like you fucks

Give a fucking rest people shat on the prequels CONSTANTLY for like ten fucking years

>yfw that last guy is now shitposting on Sup Forums saying the prequels were genius.

>mfw i saw this exact video a couple of days ago and now Sup Forums is talking about it

Stupid fanboys liked it when it first came out, everyone knows this. Then the hype wore out and a lot of people realized how flimsy the plot and characters were, which lead to the modern backlash

Yeah it took a year or so before the general public started talking about how much it sucked. Similar thing could happen to the Force Awakens, but Daisy Ridley seems to be everybody's sweetheart and TPM didn't get overwhelming positive reviews so maybe not.

they're retards who are fans of being fans

It helps that TFA is legitimately a better movie than TPM

We've talked about it for years.

People liked it when it first came out. Then a year later realized it sucked.

The OT is timeless.

A year later TFA is still seen in a good light by normies.

TPM was a massive let down.

YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE!!?

---STARWARS FANS!!! GET A FRIKIN LIFE YOU BORING DICKHEADS!

I believe, unironically, that TPM is the best prequel movie.

Not saying it's good or great.

AotC is the worst and RotS is a hot mess -- lord knows why people love it so.

Basically what this guy said. I would have been one the 20ish year olds in the video going YAY NEW STAR WARS. But little did we know... I remember leaving theater thinking it was fun but kinda lame at the same time. (Jar Jar, pod racing, yipee! blowing up that droid control center). But then again we all though the Darth Maul fight was pretty awesome. *shrugs*

whats his face immediately shat on it on his BBC sitcom

and there was a Simpsons episode a few years after Attack of the Clones poking fun at Lucas and his shitty story and overabundance of CGI.

Yeah that too. I don't think the Prequel generation really have enough of a voice to sway the opinion of the general public.

>lord knows why people love it so.
It's "dark and mature"

Yes.

There's a documentary about the fans who waited in line in LA for Attack of the Clones. Star Wait I believe was the title. It addresses how TPM was bad, but how Attack of the Clones has a chance to redeem it. Then the movie ends with their reactions and they leave the theater hyping it as the greatest since Empire. At the time I bet the film makers were filming that thinking it was a sweet ending, but in a modern lense it's just kind of funny. These guys have fell into the hype again and are destined the come to the same realizations about Clones that they did with Phantom.

III>I>II

If you have something different than this, you need to get your head checked

Me too, but it might just be because I was young enough when I saw it in theaters to enjoy it for a little bit before smartening up.

I'll admit that my nostalgia does play a part in it, but even when I watch them now, it still remains the same for me -- in terms of how I rank them.

I just cannot tolerate RotS. It feels so insanely bloated.

Somehow I remember seeing this news clip when it happened. This doesn't prove anything though, they are interviewing the biggest fanbois the moment after the movie ended, they didn't even have time to digest what they just saw.

I recall all the prequels being popular when they came out. They all blew people away when they came out with their revolutionary special effects, visuals, expansive worlds, creativity, and art. Only after a few years did the campaign by OT purists to find every flaw and convince everyone else they were wrong for liking them, did it become mainstream to reject the PT outright and suck the OT cock. This mentality directly led to TFA and I genuinely hope 8 and 9 are just as unoriginal and derivative so that the mindset of OT purists is shown to its proper conclusion. They'll get exactly what they want and they'll realize how ridiculous they've been. Then we'll have years of great star wars kino again because the OT purists will be aging or dying off. People that grew up with the PT will push the mainstream narrative and it will be popular to hate the ST.

Speaking as someone who just saw the first 6 star wars for the first time in the past week, I thought it was a poor change of tone when compared to the originals. II was more of the same, as was the start of III. They each just seemed like kids movies compared to the originals.

>It helps that TFA is a remake of ANH that appealed to nostalgia, guaranteeing that manchildren and hipsters would instantly love it

ftfy

Normies forget about these films after a few months. It's the fanboys that push the hate after that. They start influencing the mainstream view after the first few months. Just wait, over the next few years the general view of TFA will sink because normies will start having their view influenced by critical fanboys. Those who haven't seen it will see it after hearing some of these criticism and having them in mind.

Except I was a little kid when this shit came out and all I cared about was lightsabers.
I watched the OT and the whole movies, except for some ewok crap, were a pleasure to watch.
I watched the PT and everything without lightsabers was ewoks to me.

People loved the prequels, except Jar Jar? Duel of the Fates man. Darth Maul. The merchandise was way better. Except maybe now the clothes are cooler, like Adidas Chewbacca shoes

...Prequels have better games and toys. Thats all that matters.

I thought my preference for ROTS was just nostalgia: it was the first movie I saw by myself, and I spent the summer mowing lawns and using that money to see it again and again. I think I watched it 9 times in theaters during its run, twice with my dad.
But I rewatched the prequels recently and man, I has horrible pacing throughout the first half, and II just has a stupid plot until Obi Wan gets to Geonosis. Yeah, Kamino is cool but the story with Sifo Dyas and everything is plain awful. Then there's the B plot with the tough to watch romance. III is the only one without a crippling issue like those.

No. Hahahahaha.

and still the better movie

Transformers 2 was better than every prequel

KYS DISNEY KUK

That's sounds pretty edgy, but I like it

Yeah but normies never fell in love with anything about the prequels. Like people who never gave a shit about Star Wars love Rey and BB-8. Phantom Menace didn't love that. The only thing people remembered was Jar Jar and only babies like him. And when a fanboy tells them TFA sucks they'll just look at the RT score and think they're full of shit where as the the critical consensus for TPM was bad, giving the fanboys more of a pull in their "prequels suck" argument.