Album doesn't strike me like I'd find it on Spotify

>album doesn't strike me like I'd find it on Spotify
>it's actually there
>happens 90% of the time

why haven't you joined us yet, user?

Other urls found in this thread:

open.spotify.com/user/androol_/playlist/0gnMG5dweLOWZv8mI1Lle7
theregister.co.uk/2015/08/21/spotify_worse_than_the_nsa/
theguardian.com/technology/2015/aug/21/spotify-faces-user-backlash-over-new-privacy-policy
community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Increase-maximum-songs-allowed-in-quot-Your-Music-quot/idi-p/733759
theguardian.com/technology/2015/apr/03/how-much-musicians-make-spotify-itunes-youtube
thump.vice.com/en_uk/article/8xabb3/spotifys-fake-ambient-artists-essay-free-radicals
theguardian.com/technology/2017/jul/10/spotify-denies-filling-popular-playlists-with-fake-artists
billboard.com/articles/business/8046158/epidemic-sound-spotify-fake-artists-controversy-oscar-hoglund
everynoise.com/
everynoise.com/engenremap-hiphouse.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

But I have

Spotify is the superior streaming service. I still have respect for people who don't use streaming services and choose to keep their files or discs. However, I have zero respect for fags that use Apple music.

after much resistance i joined and i've never looked back.

Just this morning I screamed inside when I saw that the whole discography of The Angelic Process is up there.

open.spotify.com/user/androol_/playlist/0gnMG5dweLOWZv8mI1Lle7

>album strikes me like I can pirate it
>it's actually there
>happens 100% of the time
>for free

Welcome to the botnet you fucking moron. You use proprietary software shamelessly. I'm literally lmaoing at your life right now

>10 a month is too expensive
You fucking limp dick cheapskate.

You can also find obscure jungle stuff on spotify which perplexes me because 99% of the tracks around that time and genre have uncleared samples.

This

Why would you pay money when you could not?

Happened to me last night kinda. There's this obscure af prog song I really like. Not to sound like the world's biggest hipster, but I doubt a single person on Sup Forums would know it. The only version of it on spotify from the actual band who created it is a really shitty, live recording. There are covers of it by some other bands thankfully and the covers are really good.

>Why would you pay money for a good service instead of being a greedy fuckface like me?
Tough question. I’ll get back to you on that.

Why did you make this post? Did you think it was intelligent?

You can always mod it if you aren't retarded

You're not exactly providing any counter to it.

Most underground stuff can be easily down loaded

Spotify covers 90% of music you would want. And yes it will surprise you with ta collection.

I lost my MF Doom herbs set when I moved from uni residence but Spotify had it so I was happy

Boy I sure can't wait to listen to some King Crimson and 夢中夢. Thanks for all those original releases of classical albums by the way! Thank god I am not forced to listen to shitty remasters.

Why would I do that? Your post doesn't warrant any counter.

Spotify is actually good tho. Pretty much the only way I listen to music now.

I'll make it easier.
What makes it 'not intelligent'?

>no joanna newsom albums
>no boris - flood or any other good albums of theirs
>no good shibuya-kei
no thank you

Posts are unintelligent until proven otherwise. Stop making dumb posts.

Give your money to a streaming service so they can make another 10 bucks on the backs of artists, how dare you want actual files of your music on your computer and not throw your dollars at a shitty company!! ):
You should kill yourself

Indian Summer still isn't iirc.
Or Ryerose. Or the Red Scare

Spotify is patrician. Deezer is for plebs. Tidal is for "muh high quality audio" redditors. The only flaw of Spotify is that it doesn't have King Crimson's Discography.

had to stop using Spotify because too many classic albums were 2005 stereo remasters that sounded like absolute shit. honestly would consider rejoining if they allowed me to choose from multiple versions

All streaming services are baby-tier sub-pleb, friendo

Spotify has barely anything. And so many artists have big chunks missing from their discogs
It's a service for top 40 plebs

I honestly don't even notice the remaster spam on Spotify. Most of the time my laptop is plugged into my stereo.

What is Adblock?
What is modded APK?

Not him, but kek

*Tips fedora* *shows his Cassette collection*

Why are you babbling about hats and cassettes as though it has any relevance to his post?

>why haven't you joined us yet, user?
theregister.co.uk/2015/08/21/spotify_worse_than_the_nsa/
theguardian.com/technology/2015/aug/21/spotify-faces-user-backlash-over-new-privacy-policy
community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Increase-maximum-songs-allowed-in-quot-Your-Music-quot/idi-p/733759
theguardian.com/technology/2015/apr/03/how-much-musicians-make-spotify-itunes-youtube
>Unprecedented levels of user profiling and data mining
>DRM
>Ridiculous offline song limit
>Not everything available on Soulseek and rutracker is available on Spotify
My question to you is - why should I join and support such a company?

This
Plus the fact that even thousands of listens gives way less money for artists than buying their music from them, and them injecting fake artists in popular playlists.

I mean, I use Spotify but thats BS. If you find everything you search for on Spotify you might need to diversify your taste.

>and them injecting fake artists in popular playlists
About that:
thump.vice.com/en_uk/article/8xabb3/spotifys-fake-ambient-artists-essay-free-radicals
theguardian.com/technology/2017/jul/10/spotify-denies-filling-popular-playlists-with-fake-artists
billboard.com/articles/business/8046158/epidemic-sound-spotify-fake-artists-controversy-oscar-hoglund
There doesn't seem to be an end to this.

>that Vice article
Just how much they were paid by Spotify for that damage control? Holy shit.

>put on old album
>keeps freezing up every few seconds

spotifycucks on suicide watch

>album i like is on spotify
>ok cool
>tomorrow it isn't
>wtf
this is why i download everything onto an external hdd anyway and why having your own library will always be superior

spotify is great but doesnt have tool
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

another reason why spotify is superior

this
leave

this
i dont think you get the point
if you want an album that isnt on spotify, you can definitely pirate it
>"Wahh i have to pay for music so you should too"
fuck off
first off, you know the artists get close to nothing for streaming. piracy is only one step down desu and if you use youtube you are actually supporting them more
second supporting a company made to fuck over artists for money is worse than pirating because while piracy is certain, streaming is only due to popular demand.

90% of the time means you still miss out on 10 out of 100 albums, not worth it for me desu

>streaming "services"
absolute shit

how did massive normalfags listen to music back in the 2000s before streaming?

Not really.
I use it for big playlists tho.

>album strikes me like I can pirate it
>it's actually there
>it's 128kb or with slow speed download
REEEEEEEEE

They didnt have Nujabes for a long while, i dl myself but i couldnt really recommend him to my friends

I don't like streaming services, if I go running on some hills where I can barley receive a text, my music would cut out. Also, I don't want to burn through my data.

One thing I miss from using a traditional iPod vs Spotify is I end up never listening to old music I used to on Spotify.
iPod would force you to browse through artists sometimes and you’d see shit you used to jam and it’s be like oh shit, lets put that on again. Spotify just has me listening to whatever I had been listening in the previous month or so.

you must have some basic bitch taste if you can find your music on spotify

Radio. Then they'd get their autistic brother or friend download it for them from Limewire or Kazaa (i was the autist)...

Or they'd go to Best Buy or Walmart and spend 20 dollars on the new N Sync album with the 2 singles and 14 filler tracks.

Yeah Spotify really enforced musical echo chambers unfortunately

I use Spotify to discover newer music that comes out or go back and listen to artists I really like if I can't be arsed to find them on my hard drive. It's super convenient. If I really like something, I'll download the flac version or something and put it on my ipod to listen to on my stereo.

It actually isn't there for me. Unless paid version has better library I'd rather use play music - at least I can upload my stuff there.

10k song limit
it's literally the only reason, I'd go back if not for that
using apple for now and it's pretty good but I miss the recommendations

Looks like I need to fix my iPod again. Either a new HDD or battery arm

>steal music
>still have to connect your phone which has all its storage filled with music connect to your pc and drag it over every time you want to listen to something new
>this is somehow the superior option

Wish they had Joanna on it tho :(

I found my old iPod laying around in a box in my closet. It charged up fully and it works just like it used to. I had to clear off a lot of bad dadrock but I found myself going back and re-discovering a lot of mid 2000s bands that I'd forgotten about. And it's nice to just sit and listen there without a screen to tempt you into looking at a website or sending out a text.

I've been doing my best trying to put on some higher quality audio files on it but it requires a lot of conversion and luck.

I love my iPod, though. I know it won't last forever so I've been looking at buying a portable digital audio player that plays back lossless audio files and high bitrate music. Just loading up a 256 gig micro SD card and having all my high quality vinyl rips and shit on the go. Bluetooth controlable, too. Sounds too good to be true....

is this bait?

make a counterargument or fuck off

I use plex

Really makes you think

theres actually so much shit thats not on spotify its pretty annoying.

but not as annoying as the "too many songs saved" notification i get daily :(

>"too many songs saved" notification i get daily :(

Stop saving albums

Now that we're on the topic of Spotify-

Did you know that the one and only version of Stardust - Music Sounds Better With You, on Spotify, is not even the original version? Seriously, go and listen to the rest of the songs on the album its on. They're all recreations of the original songs. They did a good job with Music Sounds Better With You though to be fair. Just food for thought.

For the record, the album is called "Anthems: Holiday".

I have both Spotify and Apple Music. Spotify is better socially, Apple Music is slightly better in every other way (if you have an iPhone) and significantly better when it comes to keeping up with new releases.

There's a ton of shitty covers of popular songs that Spotify couldn't "acquire" the rights for. I used to fall for this meme when I was a kid buying MP3s from Amazon.

>Why would you pay money for a good service
>Spotify
lol, at least defend a proper download service, not a fucking streaming pile of garbage.

spotify is also better for recommendations

Spotify's recs are absolute garbage
>choose artist or album
>all recs are just random shit from the same macrogenre and maybe decade without any rhyme or reason
Why can't there be a system where people tag albums and songs with keywords like on RYM and then an algorhythm would match albums and songs from the same genre and start cross referencing keywords to actually give you similar shit instead of recs that you end up skipping 95% of the time because it's completely irrelevant to what you're looking for.

Isn't that what Last.FM is supposed to do?

last.fm (doesn't) works the same way as spotify.

More in terms of tracking what you listen to and then being able to make recommendations.

You can upload your own music files to Spotify

Is this what youre looking for?
everynoise.com/
everynoise.com/engenremap-hiphouse.html

Google Play Music>Tidal>Apple Music>Spotify>Amazon Music

They have a 10k song limit?
That's fucking nuts, I've got that many just on my phone.

I'm not gonna pay $10 for a service where it's only advantage to piracy is convenience.

I made a giant electronica playlist but nothing is getting suggested for me weekly yet.
Im also really annoyed that I have to add a song one at a time to a playlist to make it a radio station to then add it as a liked son to effect my listening algorithm.
What I have been doing is setting it on private and adding stuff to a playlist and then leaving it in public mode to feed the algorithm songs that I actually like.
I dont see how it would give me relevant songs if I just left it playing on radio and it played all these songs I hated and I wasnt there to manually thumb them down or skip them.

You could try Pandora with adblocker on.

Pandora's algorithm does a pretty good job nowadays.

Those poor babies. How will they ever live when they're only making CENTS off a song instead of a dollar. My heart weeps for the thousands lost.

hes dead dude lmao

Even more reason to be so sad they're not getting more money. At night I cry about how much money is lost from people like Taylor Swift who just had to remove their music for the lack of money they got.

yeah if you were an OG like robert fripp you'd say the internet is a fad and miss out on millions of dollars of royalties

A real artist would be happy once they had enough money for nice house and a comfortable life where they could just spend the rest of it making music and becoming an unstoppable fucking legend and rub it in everyone's faces for 50 years and training their proteges until they died still being the best there ever was.