This film was fucking incredible

this film was fucking incredible

Wow, OP is right for once.

I think you mean shit because this is in fact the third time Stone and Gosling have shit it up on screen together.

Stone can't act or sing. Terrible numbers. Terrible script. Cliche ham fisted movie

Its reddit

>buzzwords: the post

I just walked out of that movie halfway through. What did you like about it?

Clever cinematography, great visuals, well-done musical focus. First movie in awhile to capture the magic of 1950's cinema.

Those qualities were great, but I felt like they were derrivative to the point where it was off-putting. The music felt kinda weak, but it is a gorgeous movie.

If you liked it, I'd definitely suggest just diving into as many old Hollywood musicals you can find. Ever see Pennies From Heaven?

Yeah because you were alive back then right

/thread

No sir, YOU are the reddit!

>WAHHH WAAHHH REDDIT
can manchild virgins please leave?

>not loving Emma+Goose movies
shit taste famalam

is this supposed to be read "lalaland" or "L.A L.A land"?

"City of Stars" is great, I've been listening to the soundtrack on repeat since I saw it. I even made a webm for it, but it's like 19 mb and I can't get it small enough to actually look nice and be able to upload.

when the fuck will we get a torrent

torrents are illegal

redditors on the watch

I thought the second half up until Audition was kinda weak, dropped too much of the musical aspect. The rest is fucking gold though.

>tfw Another Day Of Sun is stuck in your head
>tfw any time you listen it's either nighttime or overcast

Agreed. The movie definitely lagged in the middle, but this is my only real criticism. It was just such a fun movie.

I just wanted more scenes like A Lovely Night, that was just perfect. It was also the only dance sequence that caught me off guard.

I shouldn't have listened to the first couple songs on the soundtrack beforehand.

>"La La Land is the special Olympics of musicals that will make eager fag hags believe that Broadway influenced tripe no longer needs a cast who can sing and dance."

Why is he so based, bros?

>fag hags
He's gay though, why would he say this

Also I disagree but he also makes some good points. Movie is a little too reliant on trying to be a modern callback, doesn't do much on it's own.

It's a movie we all needed though, I think. An unabashedly positive and cheerful musical, as if to say "It may all go to shit, but that's okay. Sometime's it's meant to."

SPBP

wat

Fag hag is a gay saying anyways. I haven't seen the movie but I'm still excited to, I can't say anything other than that at this point.

>He's gay though, why would he say this
because gays hate fag-hags

correct

/lgbt/ sounds like a fucking ride.

You?

He liked:

>Grown Ups
>Jonah Hex
>G.I. Joe
>G.I. Joe 2
>Battle: Los Angeles
>The Green Hornet
>Clash of the Titans
>Indiana Jones 4
>Transformers 2
>Death Race
>Fantastic Four: Rise of Silver Surfer
>I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry
>Takers
>Taken
>Transporter 3
>Resident Evil: Afterlife
>Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

He disliked:
>The Tree of Life
>There Will Be Blood
>Black Swan
>The Social Network
>Tangled
>The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
>The Road
>The King's Speech
>Synecdoche, New York
>Transformers
>Toy Story 3
>Eastern Promises
>Stardust
>The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
>Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives
>Tales from the Golden Age
>Let Me In
>All Marvel movies
>The Dark Knight
>Mother
>The Hurt Locker
>Blue Valentine
>Up
>Hellboy 2

He also compared Hannah to Kick-Ass because they both have a young female character, thinks I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry is a modern classic, thinks Live Free or Die Hard is the best Die Hard, compared The Road to Resident Evil, thinks Clash of the Titans is better than the LOTR Trilogy, prefers Transformers 2 to Transformers, and thinks CJ7 is deeper and more profound than There Will Be Blood.

>Green Hornet
I still think that's fun as hell

I don't know who this guy is, but he sounds like a real jerk.

Just leave your parents house

huh really makes you think

Some of those really aged like shit to be fair. Hellboy is literally nobody's favorite series and it has no rewatchability, its just like, yeah, meh, Perlman, meh, Nazi's meh.
Up is like, I watched it, I cried, please no more balloons.
Mother is just some boring Korean bitch flick with edgy degeneracy, big deal.
Uncle Boomeee?
Synecdoche is pure indie twaddle that people only bring up anymore to trump pseudos in movie debates. Or be pseudo.
King's Speech is totally useless.
Tangled is a poor mans Frozen.
Black Swan is good but feels exploitative.
Its only recently The Tree of Life has been beloved when it came out everyone called it pretentious.

Taken is an action classic, Resident Kino, BvS is flawed kino, INPYC&L is shit but has the greatest celebrity nudity scene of that decade so maybe he was just horny, Death Race is actually kinda awesome, he was just giving Indy 4 a good review because he loves lost causes.

>Taken is an action classic
OLIVIER MEGATON CAN NOT SHOOT AN ACTION SCENE TO SAVE HIS LIFE

>Jack and Jill

You killed it senpai 10/10

Yeah, fuck him.