Why did they drop the romance between Frodo and Sam in the movies...

Why did they drop the romance between Frodo and Sam in the movies? It's pretty clear that they intended for it to be a thing, all the strange moments are solid proof. Did they remove in a cut because it wouldn't fit well with the
setting?

It's one of the book things I feel could have been used well in the trilogy.

sage

it's not a down vote you know

>male friendship, adventure, struggle, triumph
>>HURR THEY'RE GAY FOR EACH OTHER
>>t. kike/woman

Why didn't they fly the Eagles to the Lonely Mountain?

That's the impression I got from the movies, but Sam literally declares himself to Frodo in the books.

Guess they went with the bro thing because the actors were really close friends.

>but Sam literally declares himself to Frodo in the books.
prove it. and prove it's literally homosexuality and not some faggy "interpretation".

protip: you can't. Tolkien wasn't like that, you divisive queer

>give me a passage in which Sam states he likes to suck cock

Fuck off. I can find tons of passages that are more than obvious, but since you're a Sup Forumstard you will just claim muh interpretation.

Dragons

>>can't provide proof for retarded claims
>i can find tons of passages, but will post none
>>f-f-fuck off Sup Forums
>mfw

>They seem a bit above my likes and dislikes, so to speak,’ answered Sam slowly. ‘It don’t seem to matter what I think about them. They are quite different from what I expected – so old and young, and so gay and sad, as it were.’ Frodo looked at Sam rather startled, half expecting to see some outward sign of the odd change that seemed to have come over him. It did not sound like the voice of the old Sam Gamgee that he thought he knew. But it looked like the old Sam Gamgee sitting there, except that his face was unusually thoughtful.

first passage I found

>inb4 that's not what he meant dude lmao

literally what?

--unless you're so fucking stupid to think that "gay" means homosexual. And he's talking about the elves, you massive nigger. So even in context it doesn't support your theory or make any sense.

>hahaha gay used to mean something else hahahahaha

>literally ctrl+f "gay" in google books
>post first result
>got my proof senpai!

1/10 only because you made me laugh

But how do I show my disapproval without justifying it?

Good job picking one word, which I didn't imply anything about to build your "argument" on. And no, he's not talking about the elves, in the remasterized or whatever the hell they call the latest release the "Tolkien scholars" as they call themselves removed a space that clearly put apart Sam's statements from his opinion about elves. You can check the first releases after Tolkien made his additions himself, they're completely different.

That's also a very intricate point in the books, in which Sam comes "out of the closet" about the elves, as they were not what he expected even though he had a lot of fun the night before. A few paragraphs before there's a very tense moment in which Frodo is talking to himself after he asks Pippin to leave him alone, and then he finds that Sam is stalking him.

>>>t. kike/woman

I wonder how long it takes for this type of shit to enter into your belief system as "fact."

He's still going, lads!
prime shitposting, desu

>>assumption, conjecture, prediction, assessment
>durr you think it's a Fact. you're brainwashed!
you didn't deny being a kike or woman.

>after the war of the ring frodo continually suffered pain from the morgul blade and the influence of the ring
>sam, merry, and pippin went on to have families and become leaders in the shire
>frodo became withdrawn and eventually left middle earth with bilbo, gandalf, and the elves
>tfw you realize he had ptsd and metaphorically committed sudoku
frodo.. had a hard life

Are you in pain, Frodo?' said Gandalf quietly as he rode by Frodo's side.

'Well, yes I am,' said Frodo. 'It is my shoulder. The wound aches, and the memory of darkness is heavy on me. It was a year ago today.'

'Alas! there are some wounds that cannot be wholly cured,' said Gandalf.

'I fear it may be so with mine,' said Frodo. 'There is no real going back. Though I may come to the Shire, it will not seem the same; for I shall not be the same. I am wounded with knife, sting, and tooth, and a long burden. Where shall I find rest?'

Gandalf did not answer.

They mention in the books that past a certain point men in the villages would try and shoot them down with bows, since the eagles often come and steal their sheep