GoT Questions

Xaro, the merchant Daenerys almost marries, why did the HBO series producer D.B. Weiss change him from a homosexual white guy in the books to a lustful black guy who beds Daenerys' white handmaidens?
>The greater changes came with the character of Xaro Xhoan Daxos. Physically, Xaro in the books is a wealthy Qartheen merchant, and like the other Qartheen he is white-skinned, not black. Indeed, the Qartheen are so infamously pale compared to other people that the Dothraki call them the "Milk Men".
gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Characters_significantly_changed_between_books_and_TV_series

Similarly the nobleman Daenerys is set to marry in Meereen is described as amber-skinned with red hair, but for the show Weiss decided to make him black with a large afro.

Also Salladhor Saan, the pirate Davos enlists, went from an old silver-haired white guy to a middle-aged black guy with a penchant for white prostitutes, and with a singular desire of "fucking the blonde queen Cersei Lannister". When Davos asks him why she would ever want to have sex with him, Saan implies she won't be able to resist him due to his large endowments.

What was the point of these changes?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D._B._Weiss
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Xaro was black because the merchants of Qarth basically all look the same. They distilled it to Quathe, Xaro, and the warlock.

I could have sworn sallador was Yunkish or some shit.

daario was a blue bearded gold face piercing flaming metrosexual but they just turned him into generic chad 798062

dany was also described as "the most beautiful woman in the known world"

whats your point

BLACKED

>drogo doesn't really rape dany in the books
>drogo pounds the virginity out of her like she's a whore in the show

bravo D&D

Why do the producers keep flirting with the idea of Emilia Clarke getting blacked?

>Jaime reunites with Cersei in a passionate but entirely consensual fuck in the books
>Jaime flat out rapes Cersei next to their son's corpse in the show

D&D are the weirdest nu-male SJWs I've seen

i dont know what the fuck that change was even for

did they want us to not really like jaime again? after 2 seasons of him becoming a better person? and the whole thing with him telling cersei "there's only us, fuck everyone else"

like what the fuck

Maybe by the new definition of rape, where any form of sex with a white male is considered rape due to the "power differential", but it seemed like she wanted it just as much as he did t me, in the show.

I took it as another diss to Jeoffrey, since his death was sort of unsatisfactory, defiling his corpse like that was a small way to give the audience a little more satisfaction.

>Jeoffrey, since his death was sort of unsatisfactory
Lol wut.

The book was written with medieval Europe in mind where most everyone is white. The show is made to pander to an American audience which has a large black population.

because it's all she's good for?

the books have plenty of non-white people in essos

westeros is mostly white other than dorne

He was a monster, people wanted to see him tortured, humiliated, brutalized, basically what happened to Theon. A quick 2 second death that's over before he even realizes it is not satisfying. His mother fucking his "uncle" on his corpse is a little more satisfying.

Not really plenty. The Dothraki, a few of the free cities, Asshai, but even then it's majority white. The other free cities, Slaver's Bay, Qarth and the surrounding area, even Valyria (before it went all doomy), all very white. Westeros and Essos have a similar percentage in that.

Pretty sure everyone understands the reasons behind blackwashing, the question seems to be more about why are the show-runners obsessed with the idea of Dany and Cersei getting BLACKED

cersei has only been JAIMED in the show

slavers bay is like the middle east how is it white

You're thinking specifically of the Ghiscari, who are the elite ruling classes but not the majority. The slaves, Unsullied, and mercenary groups are whiter than the Dornishman's bad pussy.

If Stannis Baratheon's invasion of Kings Landing was a success, Cersei Lannister was promised as a willing sex slave to the now black Salladhor Saan

>Unsullied

I only know the show, I thought the Unsullied were all black like the show portrayed. I mean I thought that was actually how it was in the books too.

>fantasy setting
>dark-skinned people aka blacks are from a land (sometimes africa shaped) south of the area where the story takes place
>the land is described as extremely hot, desert and jungle terrain

Everytime

they needed to shove more niggers onto the show

Oh so you're a pleb.
Jeffrey did nothing wrong and the purple wedding is one of the only good scenes that stray from the portrayal in the books.

well it doesnt make sense to have nigs from a cold place

can't have a merchant with Jewish characteristics, this isn't a kids' show

>Jeffrey did nothing wrong

what are you getting at. that's where dark skinned people come from, hotter areas with more sunlight.

She was also supposed to be a tight 12yold

The books already had black characters though

>One character omitted from the TV series is Strong Belwas, a very large, fat eunuch pit-fighter slave sent by Illyrio to protect Daenerys. Belways is black-skinned and was originally born a slave in Meereen, before being sold around the Free Cities and entering into Illyrio's service in Pentos. He becomes one of Daenerys' greatest champions during her campaign to overthrow the slave-masters of Slaver's Bay.

But black characters like this don't interest the ((producers)) because he's a eunuch, so no chance of him BLACKING anyone. Gotta have that BM/WF sexual tension.

They're from all over the continent

doesn't tyrion almost fuck a black prostitute in the brothel?

Maybe not that first time, but the other times don't sound too consensual seeing as how Dany had sores that the fucking made worse and worse until she wanted to kill herself.

>Weiss was born and raised in Chicago, Illinois. His family is Jewish.[2]
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D._B._Weiss

He never intended to fuck a prostitute in that particular brothel, the brother has a secret passage, and it's run by a black lady who has a qt black daughter that is a prostitute, tyrion admired her sexiness

To reinforce that everyone wants her pussy.

Think about it.

In every season, has there been one man (not counting Eunuchs and dwarves) who hasn't wanted to fuck her or prostitutes made to dress like her.

Literally every season they even have guys verbalize how much they wanna fuck her, lol white pussy hair.

Show watchers would have been very bored if there wasn't sex, betrayal and violence in her season two plotline.

>Jaime flat out rapes Cersei next to their son's corpse in the show

didn't actually happen, but do you also not remember when she did the same thing to him on top of the most important book in the kings guard? These are twins that fuck each other, don't kink shame

>westeros is mostly white other than dorne

Shut up Dorne is white.

season 7 trailer fucking when?

I stopped watching somewhere midway through Season 4. It got bad enough that it was trivial to drop.

I have my doubts that it was as rape-y as that scene though.

>Shut up Dorne is white.

found the argentinian

It wasn't rape you SJW-lite. Funny that after all these talk about consent feminist are the one the least knowledgable about it.
As his true consent can be revoked at any time during sex it's the same as giving him. While Jaime was a little forceful at first you can see her giving in and taking his boipeni

But hey a woman consenting to having sex with a white male ? Can"t show that on TV mustabeen rape

> Daily reminder that in Quarth women are supposed to walk with one bare breast.
They never went through, why ? ;_;