Stargate Blues

Just finished watching all the Stargate series from SG-1 to SGU. Is anyone else salty that SGA and U got cut off? I at least thought Atlantis would finish but at least they got a comic. Is there a chance that we will ever get another Stargate series?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w-pm8uxw1MM
gateworld.net/news/2016/11/the-stargate-reboot-film-has-fallen-apart/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

GOOLD?

i didn't watch the full sga and sgu, but as i remember both had an ok ending.
sga returning to our galaxy,
sgu going to stasis and probably die, or if they wanna continue, live

And now the faggot creater of the original movie is rebooting it and wiping away all the events in the tv shows

I started watching that Travelers show on Netflix. Its another show from the SG makers and it feels really close in tone to what SGU wanted to be. Biggest difference is that there's almost no "human drama." There's definitely some there but the characters and the show itself handle it all almost clinically. Its very much a sci fi ensemble show but it keeps the main plot (time travelers taking over people's bodies to pull off misssion impossible type missions to save the future) in focus at all times. I recommend it to any SG fans that are currently in between shows right now.

iirc the reboot got scrubbed after his shitty independence day sequel.

i ve always thought stargate concept was a copy of star trek

>the reboot got scrubbed after his shitty independence day sequel.

good

every new episode is a new planet and the whole planet is only a village

In Stargate they actually do trek. Mostly through canadian woods. A lot.

yep, always the same woods always the same cloudy weather on most every episode

>Is there a chance that we will ever get another Stargate series?

No

stargate infinity season 2 when?

SGA got shitty towards the end, honestly; though the Vegas episode in Season 5 was great.

GTFO STfa(n/g)s!

They visit alien planets, that's why "IT IS THE COPY OF STAR TREK!!!!"?? That's pretty common thing if you explore the space, isn't?

youtube.com/watch?v=w-pm8uxw1MM

SG does it a more realist way anyway, not just beaming them down to unknown territory in stupid unpractical uniform, but first getting info with the tech we have (MALP) if the climate is livable , then sending out a special explorer team who can be diplomatic but can defend themself as well. Also they get and use high tech as the shows go on, not just "we are in 3000 and everithing is hitech, don't ask anything, it is possible, belive it" mumbojumbo.

tl;dr: Stargate >>>>>>>>> StarTrek, StarWars,etc

evil Asgards could have a bigger arc imho, maybe then i would start watch it all

>that disused gravel pit/quarry which apparently every single planet in the iniverse has

*universe

i never bothered me, only seen complains about it here.
They got it clear, the makers of the gates spreaded the genepool of us, humans and i guessed also the environment's genepool, in planets that are similar to eachother, that's why the similarity.

but they had other planets too, deserts, full sea, etc. You can't expect they build a set of whle valley when they explore bigger areas?

what was startrek's biggest set anyway? youtalk shit about SG, while your trek sets mostly are the bridge, and maybe two other fucking rooms.

*it

>Let me help you warp back to page one, O'Neill.

I am glad the reboot got scrubbed. only sad thing is if they somehow managed to do something worth a shit with it there could've been a chance to revive a series or at least a movie saga. I was really into Universe before I found out it got scrapped. I mostly blame syfy although it seemed like shitty management when it came to Atlantis. Just imagine if somebody worth a damn for rights with wright and cooper fuck even muzzolie or whatever and the other guy, I mean if they'd at least give up books id be satisfied. Something about the Destiny and the plot behind it got me dug in deep, most likely because what they'd find at the end would be unpredicatable, that and the idea they were stuck out there to fend for themselves attracted me as well.

They just had so much great mistery going on from the message to the aliens that created the artificial system. They even fucked up the timeline and created Novas Mundas, kinda had to take that as an optional ending though seeing its the only thing with even slight closure. I just can't get the same feeling out of star trek. The lack of mysticism just doesn't do it for me.

actually i wouldn't even be mad for the remake of SG, if they wouldn't ignore the series, but accept it, if not 1:1, but at least as an alternate reality, as that was introduced in many occasion in the show.

It was already some alternate reality, since as i remember Kurt Russel was called John O'neill, and RDA Jack O'neill

>since as i remember Kurt Russel was called John O'neill, and RDA Jack O'neill
Sholva!

His real name is Jonathan Jack O'Neill, in both the movie and the TV-series.

Ypu angered your God!

You sicken me.

sga is missing a movie since the wraith follow shepard and co in our galaxy

why did they change the name of his son?

With 1 L.

wew

she's so sexy

>loose daisy dukes

:(

Were the wraith ever even taken care of? I don't think they were

Why not have a new series with Atlantis on earth, hiding it and the stargate program, and some Wraith coming into the milky way desu?

>hot body
>old face
how did she fucked that up?

I never liked the wreiths. Seemed like a lazy attempt at making a vile race.

Any time Claudia is dressed in something stereotypically yank she is so sexy.
>Daisy Dukes
>Diner Waitress
What was the third one again?

People joke about BvS but SGU is the true under-appreciated kino.

the reality is they're more fans for other series and movies than his movie which he even talks about as a problem to doing what he wants to do and was met with resistance by studio for trying.

gateworld.net/news/2016/11/the-stargate-reboot-film-has-fallen-apart/

Thank fuck, was wondering why I haven't heard anything about it.

Now we just need that SGA movie!

The existing fanbase is irrelevant let's be honest. No blockbuster movies relies on a vocal online fanbase to keep it's head above water. Even if every SG-1 fan on the planet boycotted the movie it would be a drop in the ocean. It got binned because they're hacks, and the ID sequel shone light on that fact.

Her normal leather SM outfit?
Vala really carried the series through the lower parts of the last two seasons.

>soap style character development episodes

dropped

Why the fuck did they change the wormhole visual effect in seasons 9/10 of SG1?

Who the fuck thought that was a good idea?

Dropped the show immediately when I saw that.

Only watched the first few episodes of Universe, then dropped it.
I heard it gets a lot better, but why bother.
I don't want to force myself through that shit again just to be disappointed that it got cancelled when it started to get good.

No, something stereotypically American.

it is known

Am I the only one who hate Vala but love Claudia?

Hot body + sexiest voice. I guess the universe needed to balance her out somehow or something. That or she smoked too much.

How many fucking civil wars did they have on that damn ship?

It seemed like sgu had three plots: using the stones to go to Earth and fuck people, using the stones to go to Earth to cry about shitty drama like ma momma gots da aids! And lastly tensions boil over causing civil war to break out on the ship between the military and the bureaucrats.

>Is anyone else salty that SGA and U got cut off?

SG1 at least got 2 closure movies to wrap it up.

Atlantis got an entire season axed and had to completely end the series within 4 episodes, 2 of which were already filmed.

SGA was total shit after s3 anyway with the odd exception so whatever

Wrong.

no, i sometimes hate her for her childish persona, but can bear it.

Idk what she wanted to be like. First when she appeared was a toughy swindler, then she tried to act like a qt (which is pretty annoying when she looks more like 50 than 16). Did she bring her Farscape character to SG, or this childish was her 'new character'? Probably she's just a bad actor.

i don't even remember on that. pics?

>sexiest voice.
>smoked too much
i guess that would/should fuck up her voice too

They changed several names coming from the movie, either spelling or complete changes and other plot details.

Jack O'Neil became Jack O'Neill
Tyer O'Neil became Charlie O'Neill
Sarah O'Neil become Sara O'Neill
Sha'uri became Sha're
Feretti became Ferretti

The SGC was in Creek Mountain in the movie, Cheyenne Mountain the show.

The Stargate was intergalactic, they state twice in the movie that Abydos is in another galaxy. In the show it's the closest planet to Earth in the gate system.

There are also other differences that were obviously changed to make the show work since the movie limited it too much:

Ra was the last of his kind in the movie, a full bodied alien that assumed the form of an Egyptian boy, the Goa'uld were not a thing, there weren't system lords (plural) and they weren't parasites.

Jaffa didn't have symbiote pouches due to the above.

The Stargates on Earth and Abydos have unique symbols on each, and the gate is just between those 2 planets. In the show all gates share the same 38 symbols and only have 1 unique symbol each, etc.

>Why the fuck did they change the wormhole visual effect in seasons 9/10 of SG1?

Because the original one was sliders tier garbage? It was way better in 9/10

no he is right, i dropped it around there too.
every fucking episode is
>team member gets trapped/hostaged
>let's save him/her

>In the show all gates share the same 38 symbols and only have 1 unique symbol each

to be fair, I think this is just a budget restraint because they couldn't be arsed to slap new symbols on the gate for every new planet. in the pilot daniel says that he's been able to recognize some of the symbols on the abydos gate in the abydos nightsky, so the idea is still the same, that every planet logically has different symbols based on different star constellations, they just couldn't be bothered to translate that to the gate prop and figured that the number of people autistic enough to notice this would be negligible

on the other hand, the show does contradict itself on this point. like in one episode bra'tac will say at the SGC "oh hey I recognize those symbols, that's the address for the whatever planet" - notwithstanding the fact that every gate address would look totally different depending on the planet you're on, so you could never just "recognize" an address like you would a phone number

>to be fair, I think this is just a budget restraint because they couldn't be arsed to slap new symbols on the gate for every new planet.

Not really.

The gate being star based and using 6 symbols to triangulate the position of a planet requires every gate to have the same set of symbols because they're all in the same galaxy and therefore share the same stars.

In the movie it made sense, thanks to Abydos being in another galaxy.

>requires every gate to have the same set of symbols because they're all in the same galaxy and therefore share the same stars

yeah but not the same star *constellations*. the symbols are constellations and are different depending on the planet you're on, as established by the movie and the SG-1 pilot

Atlantis died with Weir and Beckett. They brought back Beckett as a clone for crying out loud. That's like when Harry Kim died in Voyager and they replaced him with one from another universe and everyone was just okay with it.

Oh, another one I forgot is the limitations of blocking a gate. In the show a piece of stone in the middle prevents a gate from establishing a lock, rendering the dialog useless.

In the movie, there are fossilized Jaffa inside stone because they went through the Stargate while it was buried, so the connection still works but you materialized inside whatever is blocking the gate.

For me season two and three were the worst seasons of Atlantis. The series started to pick up again once they finally got rid of Weir though.

This, desu. Backett was a great character and they substituted Weir, that wasn't that great, with Wealsy, that sucked hard.

watching SGU with Sup Forums was the best time

miss LT. Hooters