This album is actually kind of trite, lifeless, bloated, and boring

This album is actually kind of trite, lifeless, bloated, and boring.

I get that it was well engineered and it's sonically impressive compared to modern music recording practices. But this might be the best ever example of bad songs being propped up by good recordings. I've never felt such coldness and loneliness from a dance record.

>

(you)

Someones clearly not a musician

Sure, its not Steely Dan, but its pretty damn good.

I can get down with this opinion.

I still feel like the hype machine around it didn't help things.

>The Game of Love
>Lose Yourself to Dance
>Touch
>Fragments of Time

some of the corniest shit i've ever heard on a critically acclaimed album. Adult contemporary soft-rock tier garbage and off-off-off Broadway musical show tune shit.

I feel like a lot of the people who acclaimed it so much were distracted by a phone or laptop when those tracks came on. Corny doesn't being to describe it. The keyboard and guitar work on Fragments of Time was a Doobie Brothers/Kenny Loggins rip off. And Touch ends with a very bad jangly piano outro.

I wonder if anyone who liked this listened to any actual yacht rock or funk.

Friendly reminder that Get Lucky is the best song on the album and that Doin' It Right is the worst.

we all know homework is their only good record right?

This album is absolute trash, I agree. It's the sort of musical masturbation you have to get out of the way in order to clear your mind for new, better creative work. What baffles me is why they decided this would be worthy of putting out for listeners. It's not like Daft Punk lack taste or an ear for quality judging from their discography.

It's definitely up there. Alive 2007 is a favorite of mine.

Discovery is a 6/10 and it's getting a lot of praise retrospectively. It was alright when it came out but it's starting to sound a little dated.

If they were trying to make an album for old white dudes with expensive hifi equipment to enjoy, they certainly nailed it with RAM. And the marketing was laughable. It was set up to be the greatest album to ever come out, and people bought into it.

I love how the production process was rammed down our throats, through. Congratulations for doing what was the norm for 40+ years.

lol daft punk sucks cant beleve you tards are making a thread of it

Go back to your fucking mumblerap containment thread.

>coldness and loneliness from a dance record.
agreed senpai

dont fuck with me ill beat your dick crybaby

It's hard to explain but everything is so well sculpted and placed in the sound stage that it just feels like listening to a jazz record. They have all these shiny pieces that are separated but they just don't come together to make anything compelling.

Can we talk about Motherboard? That's one of my favourite tracks of all time.

Friendo is right on this one

Just like every other piece of electronic music.

In the trash it goes.

>RAM: 10/10
>HAA: 6/10
>Discovery: 9/10
>Homework: 8/10

Daft Punk is awful redditcore, I can't believe people on Sup Forums actually listen to them

Is this a serious post? Daft Punk is barely above mumblerap

>This album is actually kind of trite, lifeless, bloated, and boring.
this is news to anyone?

no. it isn't.

move on.

>thinks RAM is better than Discovery and Homework