Why do people not like this album? It's catchy, has a great atmosphere, and is very unique...

Why do people not like this album? It's catchy, has a great atmosphere, and is very unique. Did they just listen to the first half and call it a day before listening to the far superior second half?

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/154428932
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This actually belongs in my favourite albums of all time
Strong 9/10 for me

Because Radiohead is one of the most popular "indie" bands, and their fanbase doesn't take to personal, immersive, atmospheric albums, they want "epic" albums that they can listen to at work and axiety role-play

I don't get it, I listened to it and it seems very boring(aside from lotus flower which is amazing).
Is it a grower?

>far superior second half
Completely disagree on this one. Goes downhill after Feral (best track btw). Codex is a bore.

because as an electronic music act Radiohead are kinda mediocre, they're better off as rock musicians. it was a big deal when they did it on Kid A/Amnesiac because in the 90s electronic music and rock music were hugely different styles of music that rarely crossed over and the media was trying to present electronic music as a novelty that would eventually pass but shortly after Kid A came out it was obvious purely guitar oriented music being the mainstream wasn't going to be the future. But Radiohead weren't really able to evolve past that and their other electronic albums (Hail to the Thief, King of Limbs) aren't very important records and both sound dated already

But the second half is complete garbage compared with the first half

Criminally underrated album, but still their 3rd worst overall. The second half is objectively better than the first half, although Bloom is the best track on the album.

7.5/10

>The absolute state of this board
filth

Sorry you like listening to overly saccharine mediocre pop songs

Shit taste pal, what can I say

it's the best radiohead album, not the most historically important, but the one with music you can actually still listen to when you grow out of the dramatic shit that's in the rest of their discography.

The only good radiohead albums are In rainbows and Ok computer.
Can we agree on this

what sounds dated about TKOL? it's way less dated than the goofy sad vocoder vocals on Kid A and shit.

In Rainbows has good songwriting, but Nude, All I Need and especially Jigsaw overshadow everything.

Reckoner is the most overrated RH track.

Bloom > Codex > Separator > Lotus Flower > Give Up the Ghost > Little by Little > Morning Mr. Magpie > Feral

Feral>Morning Mr. Magpie>Bloom>Separator>Little By Little>Lotus Flower>Give Up The Ghost>Codex

Sorry but Feral is one of the worst Radiohead songs, if you can even call it a song, it's more like an interlude track

In your opinion.

In my opinion, it is one of their better tracks, prob top 15 or so. The drumming is absolutely outrageous and Jonny's whammy shimmers are godly. I wish they would spread the energy on the track throughout the rest of the album, but alas.

Btw I'm not even mentioning how amazing it is live. Fucking bonkers that track

Fair

You have peculiar tastes.
Give us your top 10/15 RH songs just for fun.

Yeah, I would like to know too

vimeo.com/154428932
everyone should ditch the studio album and only listen to this

1. Life In A Glasshouse
2. Man Of War
3. Ful Stop
4. Everything In Its Right Place
5. Jigsaw
6. Present Tense
7. Nude
8. Let Down
9 Gagging Order
10. A Reminder
11. Packt
12. Feral
13. I Will (preferably the LA version)
14. In Limbo
15. Staircase

This is a tough thing to compile desu. I used to be ultra obsessed with Radiohead like 10 years ago and this obsession is revamped every now and then.

Here's my top 10 (chronological order)

Exit Music (For a Film)
Let Down
Lucky
The National Anthem
How to Disappear Completely
Pyramid Song
There There
Nude
Weird Fishes / Arpeggi
Daydreaming

>dime a dozen jazz
>favorite track
how

Bunch of reasons. F#dim, performing it is incredibly fun, Lyttelton's band, Thom's vocal delivery. It sounded amazing as an acoustic guitar track back in the day too.
Did you hear the OKNOTOK cassette version of Nude?

>there he is
>he's always in this thread

favorite albums?

What other jazz sounds like Glasshouse? The closest I can think of is probably some stuff by Mingus

Amnesiac (Including B-sides that are amazing)>Kid A=OKC>TKOL(+TKOL singles)>AMSP>Com Lag>HTTT>In Rainbows>Airbag EP>My Iron Lung EP>The Bends>>Pablo Honey>On A Friday Demos
Check out New Orleans Funeral Jazz. Eureka Brass Band stuff is on Spotify

its ok.. best part about it was the Sup Forums release party to be honest. i think i like it as much as the Bends or hail to the thief (which i dont like all that much compared to their others)

well that was interesting, thank
tbf I haven't listened to a few rh albums for a long time
do you think they are an exceptional band or is there some hype there?

Great written songs but executed poorly.
the In The Basement version is where it's at, one of the best albums of the decade

It's their best album and Separator is the pinnacle of Radiohead's career but the average soyim Radiohead fan only likes to listen to Thom pity wanks about being a sad paranoid lonely british cunt.

Lotus Flower>Bloom>Feral>Morning Mr. Magpie>Separator>Give Up The Ghost>Codex

Solid 8 album, better than HTTT at the very least.

*Little By Little between Separator and Give Up The Ghost, my bad.

More cliched than ever, The King of Limbs (2011) is mostly a rhythmic affair, with the beats prevailing over the rest. Bloom is brainy for the sake of being brainy: convoluted rhythm, angst-filled droning vocals, a bit of minimalist keyboards and sleepy trumpet wails. Morning Mr Magpie puts the project into a different light: this is mood music made out of pretentious ideas. The single Lotus Flower ventures into disco territory but it ends up sounding like a bad version of synth-pop of the 1980s. But that's still better than no rhythm at all: the slow slow slow piano ballad Codex is simply devoid of real music: it's just somebody strumming a piano and crooning a trite melody. And Give Up The Ghost it's not even that: just a hippie-style litany repeated over and over again. The ambition of these songs is often hilarious. Yorke's insipid and narcotized singing certainly does not help rescue the rest.
It is not completely surprising that the results improve dramatically when Yorke does not sing. The claustrophobic tension of Feral is driven by the contrast between the almost silent soundscape and the frantic twitching of the beats (and the ghostly Middle-Eastern moves). Yorke merely moans in Little By Little, one of Radiohead's most touching pop moments, sculpted by hazy guitar and sitar tones.
Radiohead's career has been one long bluff and it gets harder and harder for them to disguise it. The best thing about this album is that it's concise. Little By Little and Feral would have made a great EP.

is this based scaruffi?

why does the basement version sound so much better?

projecting

Jesus I was just about to mention this. Plus it has “Staircase” on it, which is great.

Amazing Sounds Of Orgy
I Might Be Wrong
Daydreaming
Pyramid Song
Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Present Tense
Kid A
Early version of Nude (from OKNOTOK cassette)
Separator
You And Whose Army?