Post your collection, let others rate

Post your collection, let others rate

Nice collection OP. 7/10

Friendly reminder, if you don't have a htpc setup running xmbc/plex to properly catalog and display your movies a large collection is near worthless.

I don't know what any of that stuff is.
should I kill myself?

I give it a 145

pgood you seen Pi?

No, but you should rethink the purpose of your life.

Good stuffs user 8/10

Rec me some real top kino

>zero organization
>left right sorting for something in columns

I recommend the noose.

Is Don't Torture a Duckling good?

I am to busy watching kino to bother

1/3

2/3

3/3

Disgusting

Got another 200 or so in my unsorted file.

>678GB
>717 items

Hello YIFY

>tfw want to buy a few 5TB HDDs and build up an amazing collection
>tfw too scared because britbong and britbong police are likely to raid you if you have 6TB+ of HDD space
Would they give a fuck about a movie collection or would they actually confiscate the HDDs and possibly charge you for it?

Who /collects dvd commentaries/ here?

where to download commentaries ?

How would they know you have 6TB+ of HDD space?
If they somehow did, you will only be told to delete all data. At that point you can say you did if they follow it up. Never heard of them confiscating.

Fucking Charter monitors what websites you use so they issue you a DMCA just for browsing a torrent site. Only have these for the time being.

>torrent highest quality version I can find on public trackers
>limit upload speed to cripple seeding
>delete torrent immediately after it downloads so it can't seed any more than it needed
>download english subtitles
>don't even rename the video file
>rename subtitle file to have the long ass torrent name with all the indicators
>close video as soon as credits roll
>delete immediately
>never watch again

>not watching your kino like this
>2017

I shiggy diggy doo.

lmao did you take the time to set the movie poster as the folder icon for literally every movie in your collection

fucking lifeless loser

jk user-kun nice collection, where do you download hd posters?

you're the scum of this earth

So they don't think of downloading movies as that big of a deal? I mean, they aren't gonna charge me with anything for it, right? I cant remember the specifics but I swear I read somewhere that when you hook a HDD up to your computer and connect it to the internet something gets notified which allows them to see the total HDD space.

Reason I make a point of this is because there was this story on how they caught some pedo. They thought it was suspicious he had so much HDD space so they raided him, and his HDD space was 5 or 6TB. They made a point about how "that's bigger than the entire South Wales police database!" so I've always been demotivated about building a kino collection since hearing that story.

Are you people storing this shit on local HDDs or externals? Storing this stuff on local HDDs seems counter productive.

I actually own the DVDs and rip the commentaries off the disc. I hear there's communities where you can trade commentaries but it sounds like a fucking hassle. I plan on getting a Blu-Ray drive for my computer eventually so I can start ripping Blu-Ray commentaries. Have 500+ DVDs, probably 100+ Blu-Rays at this point, so there's still shitloads of commentaries I want to rip.

>delete torrent immediately after it downloads so it can't seed any more than it needed

Well fuck you too

A bit of it.

I usually just put the poster, after i watch the movie for the first time. Kind of a side hobby, besides downloading the poster and converting it to Ico files barely take 5 minutes. Just google image it or find a good fanart poster. (I prefer the official though most of the time)

Never heard most of them. Are yours mostly Chinese Wu-Xia films? What's the best you have?

man if you replaced all the shit movies you got from cg with kino from kg you'd be patrician right now

anyway here's a small taste of my latest downloads

Did it the other way around. From my old KG folder.

Not really into wuxia. I like those gritty 80's police action movies more.

I've only started collecting films recently. I used to do like How did I do so far?

naisu
I need to start using KG more tbqh

how can someone even watch that many movies in a lifetime

>your collection
My what?

Also your collection is okay. A lot of shit, but a fair amount of decent stuff. You misspelled Pacific Rim.
Pretty good. 7/10
v good, not much crap in there that I recognise, except black rainbow.

Got 20 pages of films logged to Trakt which is like, 1300 or so entries.

Not even gonna bother trying to cap them lol

Need to get more external hdd

How do you catalog your collection?

I'm at the point of having to use several hdds and it's a hassle to find a movie to watch.

I screen shot what is in each external HDDs. Then I print a label sticker on each HDDs, telling me what is in them.

That sounds incredibly stupid. Alternatively you could keep a txt file of every movie you have downloaded in alphabetical order, complete with the HDD name / number by each movie. Then when you want to watch a movie, CTRL+F the txt file, then you can see whatever HDD it belongs to.

Download Kodi.
It can read bluray folders, it can read dvd folders (these parent folders need the movie title name though)
It can also read scene filenames.

Once you have downloaded Kodi, you may install Trakt addon from the official Trakt page that allows you to >sync< your library to Trakt.TV account where you can always browse it online to check what you have and don't have (if you can't be bothered to use Kodi)

Of course, now that they're all in categories I can hardly post my entire collection, so as to parade my superior taste in film and kino.

A little label sticker on my HDDs isn't a "stupid" idea, faggot. Especially when I want to take it somewhere and watch it on someone else's smart tv. Can't access Windows 10 on smart tvs, can I, dipshit?

why do you plebs make screenshots of your folders instead of just getting a program that creates a text file of your folder structure, oh right, you got so little that it can fit on a screenshot

So you carry every one of your external HDDs with you when you go to a friend's house to watch something rather than checking out which specific HDD has the file in advance? Who's the real moron?

And here is the same local Kodi library synced to Trakt.

Then you can click on any director, go to his page and see what films you have from him.

OH and occasionally it fucks up reading the file (that's why there's some weird LIPS LOVE POWER) thing in there, wonder whats the actual file name but you can manually search IMDB and TDMB (within Kodi) for the actual film.

OMG, are you that dense? How is it moronic when you can easily look at the list of what is in the HDDs by looking at it, instead of having to go and hook the HDDs into a device and see what is inside all the time? If you're not too busy being poor, then you would understand how that having many HDDs, it is annoying to always having to find which one has the movie you intend to watch; and it is easy for my friends and family to pick one up and look at the list on the cover, to see which one has the movie they are looking for. Fucking dingleberry!

Never mind, I found that spending twenty minutes on a problem makes it solvable.

Behold my patrician collection.

>it is annoying to always having to find which one has the movie you intend to watch
I already explained this can be resolved by listing them in a text file. Put the HDD number / name next to each movie, then when you CRTL+F to find the movie, you can see which HDD it belongs to right next to the movie name. Dumb fuck.

I'm really in the mood to watch Children of Men.

It's oddly comfy.

Not that huge yet but it's getting there

r8

"getting there" would be 1000+ movies, you havent even started

>not using Kodi or Plex.
You can even filter by director, genre, years, movie sets, actors without going through your HDDs. I have three and searching each of them to check what I have would be just wasting time.

Hey m8 i'm selective in my taste

I also only have like 3TB and also hold tv shows, games, and movies

I only keep what I haven't seen. Got like 10tb of "backlog" currently.

You have a large amount of good filmography, however the number of kino in your collection is severely limited.

You could start by getting Apocalypse Now (Redux if you have ADD, Director's cut if you enjoy a fine whiskey in the evening).

>not keeping movies to revisit

pleb/10

just a portion of my kino kollection

I can just get them from the trackers if I need to. That happens sometimes, but I try to keep on new films

checked it out. it's pretty nice, but fails if you have several sources (e.g. several external hdds)

anybody have something similar? I don't need a player within it, just for cataloging.

>but fails if you have several sources (e.g. several external hdds)
No it does not, you cocked up the procedure when you need to add video sources. You can only add 1 here or it will ignore the rest you put in here. So if you have four folders you need to add four different video sources each with the specific parent folder that has your videos

I have it scanning from 4 different HDDs of which one is over the network.

Is there an alternative for Kodi

Fucking bitch. READ THIS

Instead of cherry picking my quotes, fucking learn to read. I don't want to use the fucking computer all the time to see which HDDs have the fucking movie I want to see. Are you fucking with me or are you a stubborn little cunt?

So instead of using a computer to instantly see which HDD has the movie you're looking for, you go through the tedious long process of scanning the screenshot you printed to the HDD until you FINALLY find the movie you're looking for. It's literally faster to turn on your computer and search the txt file.

Plex, but it can't read bluray folder structures nor DVD folder structures so you will just get a fucking mess in your hands.

Kodi can be used for local purposes, without streaming and with your own player of choice too (you can make it open VLC/MPC etc whatever) so I don't see why you wouldn't use it for catalogue purposes?

I did and it added it, but I think you don't get what my problem is.

If I want to play that file and the hdd isn't connected it will just say "file no longer available". It would be helpful to know which hdd I have to connect to play it. It doesn't say where the file is stored unless I've overlooked something.

Wait, why are you trying to play a file without HDD connected? But then you can just check what HDD of yours isn't connected from My Computer or whatever.

Fucking faggot. These fucking things. And no, it isn't a fucking toilet paper.

like I said I have several external hdd for stuff I can't put on the internal anymore.

buy a larger USB hub
buy a mobo with more SATA connections and make the externals internal

they are already internal drives per se, but I don't see the point in connecting them all the time, when they are barely used.
I use one of these to quickly connect them.

Any alternative programs for organizing your movies?

>in connecting them all the time, when they are barely used.
Why do you see the point of disconnecting them? I got 4x WD Reds and they barely consume anything. My PC eats next to nothing and is always on.

You can see where the film is located if you open up the film (instead of playing it) and hover over here.

>Any alternatives.
Plex (again, can't read certain folder structures)
Emby
Mediaportal

which one is pic related ?
might try emby

That's Kodi dumbnuts. It was the one that worked the easiest for me.

>Reds

Better be a server

Yeah it shows the folder but not the disc name.

I can only add 2 hdd + sdd, because I had to remove part my hdd cage (bc of long graphics card). It's also pretty good if you use more than one PC.

I'll check out your other suggestions. thanks for the advice anyways.

It's always on and always in use, so reds were the best choice and most reliable.

>What is alphabetical order you dumb piece of shit?
It takes you about 5 seconds per HDD to check if the movie you want to watch is on it

>Yeah it shows the folder but not the disc name.
You can browse by folder. It takes the name from the Video Source dialog title here for the parent folders.

You could just name the Video Sources the same as your drives are named and browse by file.

you can't browse by file if the source isn't connected (path not found or invalid).

Oh, didn't know that. Funny quirk. You can browse the content of the disconnected drive in any other way though in Kodi, but shame this doesn't work lol.

hope the other programs are a better solution, but I've tested them and they were worse than Kodi for reasons, for me.

the windows 8 one is so ugly

What do you refer to? To the past versions of Kodi when it was known as Xbox Media Centre or somethign?

this
How many have you seen?

Where's my (You)?

ITT : Basement dwellers who can't afford blu rays.

In your butthole

>pirating movies

disgusting

Discs are strictly inferior to digital storage.

>can't have a htpc setup with a full collection and everything ready to play at a press
>BDs have ads and trailers and all sorts of useless shit
>take up physical space and need to be physically gotten and changed whenever you want to watch something

pleb

I've barely watched any of them

How many have you seen?

Probably seen over 95% of the films i have downloaded.

>editing titles of the files instead of leaving the proper torrent taxonomy

pleb detected

What's the best way to do this? Externals? I cant think of any benefit whatsoever to having them on internals.