What do you think of The 1975?

What do you think of The 1975?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/YwTziaAd4Cc
youtu.be/X7zSoH4GS6g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

meme guitar

I like them. They and MGMT are part of the new (superior) wave of goth, much better than all that dadrock shit

someone post that live version where she sounds like shit

Not a big year but this is good

I like that popular girl and fat friend thing they got going on

Probably the worst of the 70s

how do I make no talent music and then be able to afford $3000 instruments I hardly know how to play overnight?

You mean all of them?

yes, please. someone post it!

Literally no.

>implying the only reason why she is using it is not that Ian Curtis used it in the Love Will Tear Us Apart video

emo trash

I don't give a fucking shit.

A meme guitar is a jazzmaster or a Les Paul.

Not a fucking Vox that's rare as shit and the average person can't afford.

The 1975 has a female in the band now?

Mgmt is trash, what the fuck happened to this board?

youtu.be/YwTziaAd4Cc
This one?

They’re the definition of “industry plant”

>implying
phantoms are genuinely shit guitars, the only reason anybody wants one is because of ian

every clone sounds better than a genuine phantom

They're going to be cool to like in 10 years like what happened to The Killers.

I'm more mad about the fact that she uses such a "look at how COOL my guitar is lol" instrument

>phantoms are genuinely shit guitars
No they genuinely aren't.

>the only reason anybody wants one is because of ian
You're a fucking idiot

whatever makes you happy user, keep beating off to one of the shittiest guitars vox ever made

Jesus. It sounds like drunk karaoke.

man if these fucking posers can make it we all can

sure we can, if we can also somehow get industry backing to peddle average pop trash while wearing post-punk's enbalmed face like a mask

youtu.be/X7zSoH4GS6g
This is probably the worst one I could find. It’s obvious the only reason the girl is anywhere near listenable is when her voice is double tracked and produced into oblivion.

health made it to primavera sound and their first 2 albums were mediocre noise

>tfw no goth gf
just about done tbqh

she's gotta be a full quarter-tone out at times
wew

worlds most unenthusiastic band

is her guitar even making sound?

>is her guitar even making sound?
I don't think it is.

I think she's plugged into an amp with the power switched off

In her defense that was their first public broadcasted performance, she sounds like she's shitting herself scared.
That's the most defending I'll do though, they're still a shitty mediocre band cashing in on an aesthetic that doesn't remotely reflect their music. They really don't deserve a chance to find success if they can't come out of the gate with something interesting to offer.

I think she might be playing that synthy background chord actually
this, I even like stuff like alvvays or whatever but pale waves literally sounds like your standard early 2000s pop music

she sings exactly like one specific artist from that period but I can’t even remember what they were called

I think if 95% of their fans had ever heard a single INXS track, they'd realize they've been cheated.

She sounds like she's just copying Matty Healy.

no it was a female artist I heard on the radio literally every morning

fuck me this is frustrating

that horrible body posture is probably why shes so out of tune

let it be known by this example that image is everything in success in music. She's beautiful objectively and is dressed, if she wasn't do you think she'd be on that stage?

i want to cuddle with her while listening to siouxsie and the banshees
just use credit to buy some TV's and sell them

I doubt she even knows what the fuck a siouxsie is

Garbage.

Never heard a single song, but I have seen HELLA ads for their album. Industry plants I guess.

The second you hear one of their songs your suspicions will be confirmed. The whole goth thing is literally surface-level, the music is just generic indiepop trash.

>indie
not even, just straight up top 40s tier

Literally every song is, at least, a major ripoff of another song. Like the one song is literally Bizarre Love Triangle.

catchy songs. fucking obnoxious aesthetics. it's like they're trying to market themselves to lib arts students who dont read in their spare time

>muh books

>it's like they're trying to market themselves to lib arts students who dont read in their spare time
yeah pale waves are shit but what do lib arts students have to do with anything here
they're just vapid pop music for literal children who buy into image first

Lead singer has actors for parents.

They have industry insides so their shit music was able to make it to your ears.

I didn't know that Robert Smith played a 12 string guitar, or that Vox even made 12 string guitars.

b

I had no clue Robert Smith at one point looked attractive. I've grown up with pudgy Robert Smith.