What is the best anime movie lads?

What is the best anime movie lads?
Pic related was solid 7/10

Other urls found in this thread:

rottentomatoes.com/m/kauboi_bibappu_tengoku_no_tobira
rottentomatoes.com/m/eva-10-you-are-not-alone-neon-genesis-evangelion-rebuild-of-evangelion-01
metacritic.com/movie/puella-magi-madoka-magica-the-movie-part-iii-rebellion
rottentomatoes.com/m/neon_genesis_evangelion_the_end_of_evangelion
youtube.com/watch?v=DzqyC4oIXYw
youtube.com/watch?v=KpHPizOiRbE
youtube.com/watch?v=Dol3LOYTeMY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust

Nothing else even compares.

True kino.

I don't know about best, but my favorites so far:
>Up on Poppy Hill
>The Wind Rises
>Castle in the Sky
I should branch out more. I want to see the first GitS movie and the movie about the ghost house by the swamp (When Marnie Was There I think?). There is some emotional Korean movie about a chicken that I see posted, but not sure if that is considered anime.

>that autist looking character
is that some miyazaki shit ?

first post best post

also Ninja Scroll, though it's somewhat similar

Why did they all have Brooklyn accents?

This tbqh. Only anime with true depth

No it's Gainax

Generally I don't like weeb shit, but these were okay:

Colorful
Perfect Blue
The Wind Rises

>Wings of Honneamise
Literally the greatest anime film of all time. A truly beautiful and ambitious film, tastefully done and with a good message.
>Gunbuster
>Nadia
>Evangelion
>FLCL
>Gurren Lagann
All bullshit that panders to waifufags with no standards.
What happened to Gainax?

I'll just use this thread to recomend Gundam Thunderbolt because it's a really good 2016 movie and nobody saw it. Gundam fans are too retarded to see brilliance when it poops on their face and everyone else is too scared of UC Gundam to just jump into a random film set in the middle of 1979 TV show

FLCL doesn't even have a waifu, what are you on about

because they are thugs.

>FLCL doesn't even have a waifu

Are you fucking kidding me

Seriously the best of the Ghibli movies.

the main cast sounded like american kids that had 1st generation japanese immigrant parents to me

>Cowboy Bebop
64%
rottentomatoes.com/m/kauboi_bibappu_tengoku_no_tobira

>Eva
67%
rottentomatoes.com/m/eva-10-you-are-not-alone-neon-genesis-evangelion-rebuild-of-evangelion-01

>Madoka Magicka
55%
metacritic.com/movie/puella-magi-madoka-magica-the-movie-part-iii-rebellion

These are considered classics by the weebs on Sup Forums.

How is that not racist?
Saw it yesterday
childhood me never remembered the accents being that bad before

I think you said this before which is actually why I watched it.

Don't want to end up like this poor sap though.

Nvm
this explains it

thanks user!

>How is that not racist?

Against who, people with brooklyn accents?

>reddit image
kys

>cherrypicking the movies
Cowboy Bebop is a classic for the series, the movie sucked.

The main eva movie is "the end of evangelioN" not a random rebuild movie
rottentomatoes.com/m/neon_genesis_evangelion_the_end_of_evangelion

Madoka Magicka is also known for the series, I didn't even know there was a movie, probably why it sucked.

I was in the thread, I just didn't screen cap it. had to find it somewhere

t.weeb internet Defence Forces

As an ex-Mormon homosexual from Utah Cam Clarke would probably be amused to hear this.

>I didn't even know there was a movie

There's one "original" movie ie Rebellion and it's got a taxing, convoluted story but visually it's superb.

not an argument

I genuinely don't remember the attempted rape scene

Lol

It's probably no consolation at all to be told how on a better board you'd be right.

This movie is a little 10/10 movie in my book. It's fucking amazing.

Leave the animekino to us.

this is the third time I've been recommended this movie today, and I just discovered it existed so it must be a sign

how terrible is the english dub?

Yes

According to anime in general everyone with a Brooklyn accent is a low life thug

Unless their name is joey wheeler

Don't know brother, I watched it with my weeb friend so we had subs

black swan did it better tbqh

That reminds me how I had forty of my country's worthless dollars and a choice between Escaflowne and El-Hazard. Like a fucking fool I went for El-Hazard.

why

just literally why dude

Was he right?

90s anime is hilariously cheap where I come from and at the time I thought El-Hazard must have been SERIOUS BUSINESS instead of "I DON'T WANT TO DRESS UP LIKE THE PRINCESS WHY IS THIS GIRL TRYING TO LICK MY WILLY HEY LOOK AT THE Sup Forums CHARACTER WITH HIS RIDICULOUS DREAMS OF CONQUEST HE'S WEARING A BEETLE CARAPACE".

except for the lesbian scene, no

Wrong.

Ninja Scroll

Is Akira the Blade Runner of anime?

Is he, dare I say it, /ourguy/?

he's full of shit. Macross DYRL's a terrific compression of a much longer animated series but Akira's a piss-poor attempt to do the same thing with six fat volumes of comics. it would have been much, much better served by serialization

Yes and no. I think Perfect Blue is frenetic and never lets you catch your breath. Black swan is focused and deliberate compared to Perfect Blue. I still enjoy both of them equally and immensely.

best ghibli movie but not best anime
that award goes to pic related

> Once a year
> Every year

>what is ghost in the shell

Absolute classic of camp.
(Zakuro's the one I really like but I bet a proper plebiscite would prove Utsutsu was the most popular character.)

That would be Ghost in the Shell, you mongoloid retard.

not really, BR is overhyped shit

Ghost In The Shell is the Blade Runner of anime dummy

I agree, but then I fucking hate Blade Runner.

is Gantz:O available yet?

the thing that really sticks in my mind about Ninja Scroll is a villain who releases swarms of insects from out of holes all over his back. it's amazingly disgusting I've never seen anything else quite like it

Because of the world building and the dope aesthetic, Ghost in a Shell is a solid one to watch. Action is also top notch

capt goto was like the kind of boss I always wanted. and never got

It kinda reminds me of Metal Gear in its assortment of freaks with crazy powers.

For me, it's patlabor 2, the best anime film.
Mamoru Oshii directed this better than ghost in the shell, in my opinion.

Such an amzing anime. Such great writing.
youtube.com/watch?v=DzqyC4oIXYw

youtube.com/watch?v=KpHPizOiRbE

It's a matter of ambition vs execution I suppose.
Ultimately Spirited Away wins because if you know what it's about and what it's trying to do it's coherent in its achievement. Even if you know what Akira is about and what it's trying to do you actually just see how it's still not quite complete despite its efforts.

The idea of mindlessly comparing things with as much complex creative process as media has always bothered me, very dim way of looking at things.

Either way I guess the best way I can put it is I'll recommend and show someone something like Spirited Away, Ghost in the Shell and Paprika to prove a point about the good within Anime, but I'll likely only show someone something like Akira and Redline to make a point about the good within animation. I'm not just talking visual flare and style either, I mean the idea of animation intrinsically being capable of holding things that live action just cannot support due to budget or perspective or other limitations, and therefore at its core it simply cannot be dismissed just because it's a "cartoon" regardless of where it's even from.

The anime thing in comparison is usually just to prove that anime has range in themes and isn't whatever clichés the person believes from the generic stuff pumped out.

tl;dr Really, Kanye should know better than to listen to the average youtuber's opinion.

real filmmaker here with funding - how do people feel about a 80s influenced American rip off that's basically a art house action film?
Post WWIII - but WWIII happened in the 80's.

This t.b.h.
youtube.com/watch?v=Dol3LOYTeMY

their mansion was so fucking comfy

I usually don't believe in such things but GitS 2 really is a pleb filter. This one movie enriched my viewing experience of two movies.

I used to think Batou was there just as an aid and foil for Motoko but after Innocence I immediately went back to the first to re-absorb more from his scenes.

Even though it's still Motoko's show there he's a complex character in his own right rivaling the depth of her own.

He doesn't say much and seems blunt and rigid in what little he does, telling Motoko to just stop overthinking life while undervaluing her own, but once you realize how much he intentionally doesn't say or show it becomes clear how much he really thinks on and cares for. Especially those in the unique situation that cyborgs and Section 9 live with.

Innocence is also deliciously re-setup the theme of human cyborg relations with how in step but different Batou and Togusa are as characters. Visually and psychologically. The simple but subtle scenes over the tension and tolerance between them regarding past, present and future matters feels really genuine, weighty and relevant despite the philosophical rambling on the side.

>mfw most of my screencaps are just scenery shots

Eh, I wouldn't call it camp; that implies miscalculation. It's a hyperviolence-aided entertaining boss-rush, but it's technically well executed and achieves what it enterprises to do with 100% accuracy

KILLIONS