One beam cannon

>one beam cannon
>turns into several homing beams that hit planets systems apart

what

SO COOL XD

I like how the first mention of these planets' existence is about 5 seconds before they're blown up

On second thought, I think they were actually mentioned afterwards. Like it blew up, and Finn was like "what was that"? And somebody else said "oh, it's the something system" and he said "ok" and nobody gave any indication that this was a sad event and the story continued.

Jew Jew Abrams is a fucking hack.

>Called the Star Kiler
>Only kills planets

They sure ruined the legit science-fiction consistency of the SW universe they did

Yeah, they really should have gotten at least 3 or 4 hours of exposition before they were blown up. Like we could have followed the lives of 1 or 2 families for a movie or so, would have really made this scene better imo.

fuck drumpf and fuck white people

Wasn't it odd how the movie didn't mention that it was the capital planet/system for the New Republic? Every Star Wars fan knows what Coruscant is. The movies should fucking address the change. Clearly wasn't Coruscant.

each planet represents each of the star wars movies JJ was destroying with his shitty fanfic

JJ probably originally wanted to blow up Coruscant (along with other prequel planets) but was told no by Disney

It absorbs a star in order to power up the laser, user. Please, do pay attention next time

Those planets are very close to each other

I've seen this movie once and thought they were core system planets because I wasn't paying attention I guess and there still wasn't any emotional impact to me.

they started moving the republic HQ around since putting it in one place (like Coruscant) made it easy to take over

I noticed that too. Star Wars never pulled that shit before. This was really out of place. May as well replace the blackness of space with 100000s of twinkling stars while he's at it. Hell, make different chunks of space look purple and blue and green and orange and red too like in my anime.

I'm not saying that we needed hours of exposition, but for fuck's sake at least establish its importance. Like in Episode 4, which Episode 7 so lovingly ripped off at almost every opportunity, Alderaan is mentioned time and time again as Leia's home planet. It's where Luke and Obi-Wan are trying to get to, it plays a clear role in the story, so when it gets blown up it's a big deal.

But the whatever system in Episode 7? "Oh yeah, we blew these planets up. And they had some ships near them, and they're the capital(s) of the republic."

The weapon ran on a type of dark energy called "quintessence", which was ubiquitous in the universe, and offered a practically unlimited power source to the First Order. Using a star as a power source, an array of collectors on one side of the planet would gather dark energy in stages, redirecting it to the planetary core, where it was held in place by the natural magnetic field of the planet, as well as an artificial containment field maintained by the machinery the First Order had installed within the crust. As the planetary magnetic field would not be enough to contain the amount of energy that the weapon required, a thermal oscillator[4] was built into the planet. It generated an oscillating containment field which allowed the installation to expend considerably less energy at containing the dark energy than would be required using a steady containment field. A colossal hollow cylinder, large enough to dominate the view of the planet from orbit, penetrated the containment field to a predetermined distance, in order to direct the blast towards its target, and also to absorb its energy, which would otherwise cause catastrophic groundquakes. This design made the weapon vulnerable when it was fully charged, as the destruction of the containment field oscillator the moment before the weapon fired would release the accumulated energy not through the firing cylinder, but throughout the planetary core where it was being held, leading to the gradual collapse of the surface into the core.[2]

As Starkiller Base was charged through the power of stars, it gradually blocked out sunlight until, running at full capacity, it extinguished it completely, leaving the surface in darkness. In order for the weapon to fire, its weapons engineers would induce a breach in the containment field, allowing the collected dark energy to escape the core through the hollow cylinder opening on the antipodes of the planet relative to the stellar collector. During this process, the dark energy transformed to a state known as "phantom energy", and left the planet behind, tearing a hole through hyperspace along a perfectly linear path. The people stationed at the Base called the dimension through which the phantom energy beam traveled "sub-hyperspace", and this method of delivering the payload was near-instantaneous across vast distances. The rotation and inclination of the planet had to be taken into account for the weapon to target something, and also the lack of obstacles between it and the target, as the phantom energy beam would only be intercepted by an object of sufficient mass (like a planet). When the phantom energy struck a planet, the interaction produced enough heat to ignite the planet's core, creating a pocket nova. The space-time disruption caused by the phantom energy's passage would make the nova instantaneously visible thousands of light years away.[2]

Seems like it would be a lot easier and cheaper to just build another Death Star

If they were that close together irl, they would collide into each other pretty soon anyways. They wouldn't even have to bother with the lasers.

>Built by a remnant
>You can pass the shield with lightspeed
>Produce a beam that can't cross the galaxy in minute but every planet can see it travelling
>It has to absorv a whole star to shoot twice
>Doesn't move so it can only shoot twice
Jew Jar Abrams is a hack

What on earth is the demographic of people autistic enough to write this, but not autistic enough to immediately angrily dismiss it as bullshit? Even for Star Wars, which has always been more fantasy than sci-fi, this is ridiculous.

explain me how they didn't using the 6 movies

Those were Hosnia's moons. There are little cities on them too.

>star destroyer
>can't even destroy planets

>still talking about star wars

they were moons though
and the fact that it separates could be for the gravity
that's not the plothole
this is

Couldn't its ability to drain stars be the weapon itself? All those life-supporting planets would get immediately fucked without a sun. That would have been more interesting than "hurr lasers".

>The Rebel base is on a moon again

ABRAMS YOU HACK

>What on earth is the demographic of people autistic enough to write this, but not autistic enough to immediately angrily dismiss it as bullshit?
Are you talking about wookiepedia? They just catalog info they're given from official material.

>All those life-supporting planets would get immediately fucked without a sun.

No, they wouldn't be. People in Star Wars can survive in sub-zero temperatures without any type of protection at all. Remember at the end of Episode 7 how the star is gone but Rey is still running around the planet's surface in desert gear?

a special delusion-based autism known as "Star Wars fandom"

the star was only missing for like ten minutes and it can get pretty cold in the desert at night, plus she was doing cardio to keep warm.

At least in Episode 4, Alderaan has some relevance to the story before they smash it and isn't just a set piece.

Funny how Abrams stole so many ideas from Episode IV but managed to avoid taking any of the things that made them interesting or fun.

sure the prequels were poorly done. At no time however were they as stupid, disjointed and as shitty both literally and logically as The Shit Awakens was. Even the technology made sense. The Force Awakens technology was pure shit; a death star that's planet sized and sucks energy directly from a sun? Then it hits planets that's as close to each other as earth's sun is to it, and planet's of equal size no less. What a retarded movie that was. And don't get me started about the mary sue character.

>plothole from TFA
>explained with arguments from TFA
jesus dude

He's like a 10yo: "I know, lets blow up Vulcan!"

Wow you're fucking retarded

>the star was only missing for like ten minutes

Right, but isn't the star the sole source of heat for the planet? I haven't taken a science class in a long, long time, but if the Sun were to just vanish tomorrow, wouldn't we instantly freeze to death?

>plus she was doing cardio to keep warm.

Cardio won't save you if there's no heat at all. It's not like she was out for a jog on a snowy day, that entire planet should have been a ball of ice.

holy shit, never thought about this. The AC bust be working overtime on that planet.

I'm being sarcastic....

that's what I meant I thought you were memeing
you are right, TFA shited all over the science of SW with the lightpeed shield trick and the galaxy crossing but slow beam that's seen from every planet

>wouldn't we instantly freeze to death?

Do you freeze to death at night, idiot?

Rey is a strong independent woman who don't need no circulatory system

>Right, but isn't the star the sole source of heat for the planet? I haven't taken a science class in a long, long time, but if the Sun were to just vanish tomorrow, wouldn't we instantly freeze to death?
No you would not instantly freeze to death. It would take several days.

When you put a drink in the refrigerator or freezer it does not instantly get cold, it takes time for it to cool.

They were too close. Anything of near equal sizes that's as close together will collide. The moon's far enough not to get pulled in but close enough to be caught in our orbit. If earth had an orbit planetoid near equal in size, they'd collide.

TFA is so full if retarded shit, inconsistencies and stupid characterization it's amazing. I enjoyed the action and the explosions but if you actually sit down and think about this movie for a couple movies, it's a complete mess
>what actually is the first order
>why is it called the resistance if they are the ones in power
>why does some old fart in Jakku have info on Luke Skywalker's whereabouts
>how does the first order know the guy in Jakku has that information
>how did Poe survive the crash and escape Jakku, and why did he abandon Finn
>why is a sanitation worker sent on a mission with Kylo Ren himself
>how does Rey pull such retarded maneuvers on a spaceship she has never flown before, how does she even know how to start the engines
>how does Rey outskill a Force-trained Sith apprentice
>how does Rey perform jedi mind tricks when not even a day ago she didn't even know the Force is a thing
>how does Finn the janitor know about Starkiller base's weakness
>how does the resistance know where the Starkiller base is located
>why does Chewie's bowcaster blow stormtroopers up but only inflicts a minor injury on Ren
>why does R2-D2 wake up when he does
>why does Phasma happily disable Starkiller's shields the second Finn asks
>who the fuck is Phasma even
>why is Rey sent on a solo mission to find Luke after the map is complete
>Leia has known Rey for like a couple days and barely had any interaction with her, but when she and Chewie return Leia goes and hugs Rey instead of her old friend Chewie who surely must be way more affected by Han's death than fucking Rey
>why does Han Solo offer Rey a job after knowing her for ten minutes
>since when are lightsabers sentient entities that talk to people, this isn't like the fucking wands in harry potter

it was several shots but at the start it looks like one because it is so narrow

How does Starkiller base absorb a star so quick? Either it somehow accelerates the star's mass way faster than light, or it parks super close to it, in which case how is the planet not scorched

And why does it all go dark in a matter of seconds after the star is gone, light takes time to travel millions of miles. If the sun suddenly vanished we would still see it for about 8 minutes

Jar Jar Abrams does things that you'd expect from a Cartoon made for five year olds. Like everything is in the name of a short attention span, dumb as brick viewership who couldn't be half arsed, at least in his mind, to wait on things like progression. IN every instance of Star Trek, it takes time to move around on the turbo lifts. In the 2009 movie, everything is instantaneous. Everything. Even khan in the second abortion of a movie was able to teleport from earth to Kronos. Jar Jar Abrams is a hack.

>how does the resistance know where the Starkiller base is located

I thought it was because of the secret plans stolen by the Rebel Alliance and given by R2-D2, who took them to Tatooine and gave them to the main character who left for the rebellion with the help of Han Solo and delivered the plans to Princess Leia.

I'm sure some of the names were different (Tatooine was called something else, R2 was a soccer ball), but honestly I can't remember them.

thanks I'll coppy that

>why does Phasma happily disable Starkiller's shields the second Finn asks

Why is Phasma even able to disable the shields in the first place?

>why does Han Solo offer Rey a job after knowing her for ten minutes

Because Han offered Luke a job after they escaped from the Death Star in Episode IV, and Abrams is a hack who just copy/pasted as much of Episode IV's story and interactions as possible.

Maybe they home in on gravity wells

JJs a shit conceptionalist and an even shittier copy cat. It's a shit film.

>>what actually is the first order
galactic-FBI honeypot to entrap racist holo-board posters
>>why is it called the resistance if they are the ones in power
because they are communists who must eternally stop the counter-revolutionaries
>>why does some old fart in Jakku have info on Luke Skywalker's whereabouts
That's luke's old roomate from clown college
>>how does the first order know the guy in Jakku has that information
followed, Poe, maybe
>>how did Poe survive the crash and escape Jakku, and why did he abandon Finn
Poe didn't trust Finn and used the opportunity to ditch him. Finn looked for Poe, Poe did not look for Finn.
>>why is a sanitation worker sent on a mission with Kylo Ren himself
Finn's drinking buddy pulled some strings in HR
>>how does Rey pull such retarded maneuvers on a spaceship she has never flown before, how does she even know how to start the engines
Because she's been on a spaceship before
>>how does Rey outskill a Force-trained Sith apprentice
because Rey is force trained
>>how does Finn the janitor know about Starkiller base's weakness
Finn lied
>>how does the resistance know where the Starkiller base is located
they could see it
>>why does Chewie's bowcaster blow stormtroopers up but only inflicts a minor injury on Ren
grazing hit
>>why does Phasma happily disable Starkiller's shields the second Finn asks
I guess she didn't like the first order either
>>who the fuck is Phasma even
she's dead now because she didn't ask Han to rescue her
>>Leia has known Rey for like a couple days and barely had any interaction with her, but when she and Chewie return Leia goes and hugs Rey instead of her old friend Chewie who surely must be way more affected by Han's death than fucking Rey
Leia is racist

post too long

>Poe didn't trust Finn and used the opportunity to ditch him.
And yet when they meet again half a movie later they embrace like two best friends who haven't seen each other in years

It's a shit movie. The more I"m reminded about this movie the clearer it becomes to me that it's not only poorly done but it's literally Dragon Wars levels of bad. It's approaching in the name of the kind levels of bad at this point.

That's your problem with it? Not that it travels several light years the planets all exist relevantly close to each other or that people can see it in the sky happening in real time?

That the beam can separate is the least unrealistic part of the scenario.

>implying Poe was sincerely happy rather than surprised and a little ashamed
Poe might trust Finn now that he delivered the BB droid, but that doesn't mean he didn't doubt Finn before.

yeah, but when would we get to see shit get blowed up? i don't see how this works

You mean trust a guy who just earlier, when they first met, was all about running away and not sacrificing his life. Trust takes time and Jar Jar just couldn't be bothered with the effort to establish their friendship. Like how George did it with Han and Luke.

The whole death star makes no sense.

one battle cruiser could just napalm the shit out of any main state in the world. why would you destroy a world of resources that you obviously will need? also making a death star would be financially impossible to begin with.

Death Star is established Lore. Star Killer is infinitely more retarded.
Don't defend TFA. Don't even start.

>death star makes no sense.
>one battle cruiser could just napalm the shit out of any main state in the world.
That world would defend against tjhat and blow the crusier
keep in mind planets have shields that prevent orbital bombardment
that's why the death star is so important
> why would you destroy a world of resources that you obviously will need?
There are thousands of planets if not more
>also making a death star would be financially impossible to begin with.
lol there are trillion of beings in the galaxy
there's no such thing as financially impossible dude

Stuff stays hot or cold for a while because it takes time for heat to transfer. Are you just mentally retarded?

JJ had 3 extra movies and a ton of related material to work with from the prequels, but his poor imitation of the destruction of Alderaan was to destroy planets that literally wookiepedia didn't even know.

For fucks sake, it should have been one laser and the planet should have been Coruscant - that is a planet that even the mild Star Wars fans would remember from the prequels. To their knowledge it was only ever the home of the Republic and the Jedi, we never saw it under Empire rule.

The implication of "greater power" (which """"Starkiller"""" should NOT have had compared to the Death Star) would have been that its projectiles could be launched at super speeds across entire star systems with pinpoint accuracy. Instead the scene came off as a total grasping at straws rehash with no feeling at all, but with the awkward implication that there should be feeling as was conveyed by the actors.

>wouldn't we instantly freeze to death?
We would continue to receive light and energy for a few minutes, and even after that energy supply was gone the Earth would remain relatively warm for a period of time

Still better than anything in the prequels.

We get it. It's terrible. Have you only just seen the movie or is your life so destitute that you need to regurgitate the same thread ad neaseum?

>Death Star
>Isn't even a star
>Only size of small moon

Everything starwars is only interesting if you're a child. None of it would hold up to scrutiny. So you either don't think about it and enjoy it or analyze it and realize how stupid it is- even for sci-fi. The suspension of disbelief is paper thin.

inb4 they make a second Starkiller base for ep 9
>it's the size of a real star
>it has its own planet system
>literally a first order solar system with a superweapon the size of a star in its center
>has the power to destroy an entire galaxy in one hit
>will be destroyed by one X-wing shooting at a small target that somehow destroys the entire thing

> what is GEOthermal energy?

Once I blocked the Sun with my hand and my beard hit subzero temperatures so it's possible.

just like they do with capital cities here on earth right?
no, because that's retarded!

You should google binary star systems

Death Star was meant to be more of an intimidation factor than anything.
A star destroyer group could orbitally bombard the shit out a planet, destroying most major cities, but blowing up the planet entirely has much more of a psychological effect. It's like nuclear weapons - almost nobody gives a shit about how Dresden, Tokyo, etc. got carpet-bombed to cinders killing tens of thousands of civilians, but everybody cares about Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

The whole point of the Death Star was to use fear to keep people in line.

No no. Finn will lead an attack on a shield generator on some forest planet. Rey will confront Snoke and Kylo Ren. Not-Wedge will lead a space assault on the station.

The stars in a binary system are still billions of miles away from each other.

>planets systems apart
>resolvable disks in one picture
Pic related, it's the target audience for this flick.

That was the home of the republic, not the rebels

>DUDE GIANT PLANET KILLING LASERS LMAO
>DUDE GIANT MONSTER FIGHT IN A CONFINED SPACE LMAO
>DUDE SNAP ZOOM LENS FLARE LMAO

Is there anything more Abrams

They should have just made it blow up stars. That way it would take out the whole star system with the planets with them. This would have been way better. It was called star killer base after all. It was right there.

It's called starkiller because it devours stars

The weapon you're talking about exists in the EU, it's called Sun Crusher and it basically fires a magic nuke into a star causing it to go supernova and destroy every planet in the system

Fakest and gayest thing ever... JJ is either trolling or is a complete shithead

how far away was the planet the Resistance was on? they could see the destruction of those noname planets from the sky

how did the First Order even have the resources to build Starkiller Base?

A wizard did it.

TFA was shit but SW was only good in the first place because of Jews

I doubt it. I doubt Abrams knows what Courascant is. Disney wants no prequel references

so.. Snoke?
what a shitty name by the way, no wonder they invented "Sheev" right afterwards so at least both Emperors had stupid names

JJ assumes his audience is retarded
is he wrong?

It's not meant to be taken seriously. Like Rey beating a man in a fight.

The whole Starkiller Base firing scene in general makes no sense

Basically what we're supposed to accept that: Rei runs out of the Cantina, Finn and Han take Luke's saber from Maz and leave the Cantina, Starkiller base fires, Kylo ren is there as it fires, the laser travels halfway across the galaxy and destroys Hosnian Prime, this is seen across the other side of the galaxy at the Cantina just as Han and Finn exit it, Rei is STILL running through the woods and confronts Kylo who has now arrived from the other side of the galaxy. The whole scene is only several minutes in in-universe time as evidenced by Rei and Finn's actions. This is why the galaxy in TFA felt small and empty.

I wouldn't have minded a "hyperspace laser", i.e. a laser that enters hyperspace then exits at its destination. It mirrors something Thrawn once did with asteroids in Heir to the Empire. If it took several hours/days to arrive that'd make sense given the preestablished rules of Hyperspace travel, and it wouldn't make any real difference either as you can't move a planet or evacuate it in that amount of time even if you got advanced warning. However the actual execution, much like the movie in general, is completely nonsensical and confusing and demonstrates a real lack of thought put into the film.

And people criticize me for over-analyzing this keep in mind that nitpicking plotholes is exactly what a large part of the holy grail of SW reviews, Plinkett, does.

>real lack of thought put into the film
I think they were aware of how stupid most things in the movie were, they just said "lol who cares, we're going to make untold amounts of money with this"

>complain about R1 not spending enough time with the characters and making their deaths emotionless
>[x] Emotion

>TFA literally blows up 5 planets without telling us the names of all the planets or even their relationship to the characters until after they are gone and then no one ever mentions them again
>"i loved it, it was everything I wanted"

RLM is finished.

>fires multiple laser beams in different directions
>they become one laser instead of passing through each other

>what is electrical infetterance
>what is rotational velocidensity

Read a book retard