So Deckard was a replicant but now that there is a sequel and Ford has obviously aged he's not a replicant anymore?

So Deckard was a replicant but now that there is a sequel and Ford has obviously aged he's not a replicant anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_7o0rvVxU0w?t=47s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

There might have been multiple Deckard replicants, and older Deckard is the original blade runner the others got their memories from.

You can't know until you see the film m8.

I'll take sequels we didn't ask for for 500 Alex.

think you might be alone there buddy
I've been waiting for a new blade runner for the longest time, and actually think this platform is appropriate compared to 'LOL 19 SUPERHERO MOVIES LMAO'

It might just be makeup to trick people into thinking he ages normally

Ford could be playing the guy the Deckard replicant is based on.

>Deckard was a replicant

Well there's your problem

You'll eat those words when it's confirmed that the film is complete dogshit and taints the original.

I'll eat ur mum m8

nobody with half a brain wanted a sequel you dumbfuck

youtu.be/_7o0rvVxU0w?t=47s

Nobody asked for it but I like Villeneuve and I think he's one of the few contemporary directors that can pull it off.

I fucking hate Ford for ruining all the previous great movies he was part of with unnecessary sequels , fucking greedy money whore

HAHA samefag good luck trying to convince anyone. You are wrong and I am right HAHA GTFO OFF MY BOARD

fortune and glory kid

It's a little stupid to me. It's better left ambiguous, and really, on a thematic level it works better for Deckard to be human.

Making him a replicant does nothing for the story.
It's the times we live in.

replicants are biologically indistinguishable from humans, otherwise Voight-kampff test would not be needed. Deckard was propably programmed to live normal human lifespan

Who cares about the narrative, the story wasn't the reason why is Blade Runner so praised and it won't be for the new one (though the same guy is doing the screenplay for this one)

It's possible Tyrell engineered him to last longer than the average replicant. Wouldn't make much sense to have an android hunter's lifespan only last 4 odd years when it's a long term job. Rachael was designed to be a replacement for his niece, so it's perfectly possible certain replicants had an extended lifespan.

But I know the elitists will scream fanfic at the prospect of this like the jabbering anonymongs they are.

t.Razorfag

Deckard was not a replicant in the film version of this story. Only in the book.

dickard is not a replicant
sean youngs character was an advanced repicant
jarad letos character is rutgur howards replicant
mackinzie davis is another replicant
dave bautista is also a replicant
all are new age replicants

What purpose does Deckard being a replicant other than OMG WHAT A TWIST?

>le 7 different versions movie

no thanks

Maybe they went with the theatrical cut where nor him or Rachel had the short live spam thing.

>the "there's only one Deckard" theory

How does the unicorn mean that he is a replicant? Can someone explain this to me

Seems kind of a weak message for such an important concept to the movie

deckard was not a replicant in the theater release
deckard was a replicant in the directors cut

new blade runner is being played by a real human bean

what did they mean by this?

because that spic detective with the pineapple face left him an oragami of a unicorn signifiying that he knows whats in deckards head which is computer programming

well it gives the story a much deeper meaning of existence and what people are made of and an existential conundrum of a replicant not knowing he's a replicant and hunting and killing other replicants besides a dull detective story

blade runner is not a good movie at all...plot is dull, pacing is dull, detective work is dull and deckard never exhibits any cleverness or heroism or antiheroism

it just looks very nice and has a highly stylized atmosphere and soundtrack

I'm just tired of seeing old fart crusty grampa harrison ford in movies.

Fucking depressing man.

>Old man Deckard and Gosling together hunt down young Deckard and Rachel from original movie.

Objectively wrong, rewatch Blade Runner.

Kek

the plot is not interesting at all

the pacing of events is stupid

they spend a shit load of time on harrison fords character and still manage to make him a dull, uninteresting character

roy batty runs around in his underwear and recites poetry and acts like a complete goofball and is supposed to be the villain

oh yea because Scott wrote the book right?

It was never confirmed he was a replicant

Oh okay

Thats actually kinda cool

no it was sean youngs character who was a replicant

The book was done much better, where the replicants try and make Deckard think he is one; the detective puts it all straight.

he's just replying you moron. People like you are why the world is the way it is

Villeneuve? I thought Ridley was directing?

Villeneuve will probably do a better job, honestly.

>roy batty
>supposed to be the villain

Well there's your problem

I agree about the pacing.

Does Deckard pass the Plinkett character test?

>but how has he aged because i believe hes a replicant based on a theory
im fairly sure this old deckard shows that he is in fact NOT a replicant.

I wouldn't say better, just different, there's no ambiguity in the book but that whole sequence in the fake police station is really eerie and cool, but the film version is good in its own way simply because of the mystery it creates and the visual of the unicorn