Sherlock is today

Sherlock is today.
6 hours to go

Today's episode synopsys
Sherlock faces one of the most chilling enemies of his long career: the powerful and seemingly unassailable Culverton Smith - a man with a very dark secret indeed.

Post your hopes/expectations

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12060897
vimeo.com/142970359
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

More Mary

I hope this one's gonna be good, not cheesy af dumb Mary drama.

>not cheesy af dumb Mary drama

No senpaitachi today we got cheesy dumb watson drama

>senpaitachi

No famalam today we got cheesy dumb watson drama

I can live with that.
3rd one has no reasons not to be great though.

How is this different from Monk?

It will be 60 minutes of Sherlock doing smart tricks and quips and people around him act surprised "How did he do that?" "How is it even possible?", rest of 30 minutes will be the actual plot.

I hope Toby Jones retires from acting immediately. I expect he won't. I hope Americans will finally recognise that Benedict Cumberbatch is close to talentless. I expect they won't.

Whats wrong about it though
If its done good enough like in s1 I enjoy him doing smart tricks

What's wrong with Toby Jones

>dark secret!!!

Oh noes, is it worse that what you see browsing Sup Forums? Because I'm a bit fucking jaded.

Stop watching that bullshit.

>Benedict Cumberbatch is close to talentless
...right.

Someone post that dog webm please.

The key part is making the jumps not just obvious, but *solvable* in retrospect.

Dumb writing will either make it too obvious or too "le magic smart person" whereas Doyle's original cases were solvable if you read slowly.

Season 1 was literally about it.

You could try to guess about taxi driver
You could suspect that gay person is Moriarty

True. The problem is that the core mystery structure ends up falling by the wayside.

Sherlock isn't consumed by Victorian gentlemen perusing The Strand in their smoking lounges. It caught on and found mass appeal with sapiosexual catladies. Hence the writers and executives shift their focus to the "drama" and "characters" instead.

XD

hope that there's some actual fucking case solving this time

Middle episode is always the worst.

Middle episode was first this season

so what the fuck this all about then? why wasn't sherlock out solving this? why wasn't the government making him solve it? I thought that was the whole reason he was brought back? Was this just clickbait?

He is "waiting for his next move"

>worse than "your son died because he was pretending to be a car seat"
>Mary breaking speed of sound to stop bullet
>this webm

How can it be worse

Last episode was the worst one yet.

Did The Six Thatchers make anyone else finally understand how fucking ridiculous the whole
>"Mary is Solid Snake"
Plot line was?

We're not even going to talk about her precognitive reaction times or supersonic movement, but first off having the mother of a newborn take a bullet for at best a friend after just having a baby was fucking stupid, not to mention the fact that she literally jumped in front of Sherlock instead of just pushing Sherlock out of the way of the bullet, or that she decided to block it with her tiny squidgy centre mass full of vital organs not even thinking to cross her arms, knowing full well that Sherlock has survived being shot before (BY HER) and would probably be more likely to do it again.
Incidentally, does nobody in this series know what a fucking bulletproof vest is?

Even fucking past all that shit, I got so caught up in the series to overlook the fact that they'd slipped in that not only was Mary a spy in her former life (yes, perfectly believable), but diminutive doughy 5'4" Mary was such an ebin badass that she was part of an elite freelance squad of international commando mercenary assassins so adept at combat and infiltration that the British Secret Service preferentially hired them over using the fucking SAS to extract hostages from an Embassy taken over in a coup where she managed to body trained Georgian Military soldiers and escape being captured or killed like all the other members of her squad?

I think I was fine with this because they buried her DARK AND TERRIBLE PAST in the same episode they revealed it with her leaving it behind by throwing her memory stick in the fire with John, but then they fucking dredged it up all over again and made it even worse than before, just to bin it a second time and kill her for good. Are the writers trying to sink the fucking series?

Sherlock came from being really good to unwatchable shit in 4 seasons. The last episode was 1h30 of cringeworthy shit.

If you want an actual good intelligent mistery story set in london go and watch "London Spy"

he didnt die because he was pretending to be a car seat you pleb, he just happened to have a stroke at the time

The synopsis is "this is the villain and he's evil!", it's going to be awful. All the good episodes were about a mystery and Sherlock had to work it out and the audience could try and join in

>We're not even going to talk about her precognitive reaction times or supersonic movement

Previously on... The Flash!

Remember that time Sherlock met a villain who was actually capable of outsmarting him and Sherlock wins by shooting him in the head?
And then the series tries to make him feel like a footnote in the shadow of the guy who actually never really did outsmart Sherlock and shot himself in the head anyway

My expectations are not set very high after last week's episode.

>shot himself in the head anyway
Was someone else also bothered by utter stupidity of this resolution? I mean, what kind of a Machiavellian villain an heroes himself to make a point?

Season 3 was unbearable, so I don't have much hope. First episode was 95% cringeworthy fanbase pandering fluff, I don't even remember the rest except for a ton of lame quips and Magnussen being boring as fuck compared to Moriarty.

Moriarty was legitimately mentally unhinged

I honestly didn't like their portrayal of Moriarty at all to be honest, I mean Andrew Scott might have been good for the role but I hated the way the vision they had for the role overall really

Reminder that they haven't solved a mystery in the last 3 (three) episodes.

>where's muh blackmail room!!!
>muh palace
>*murders dude*
>moriarty's back11

>feminist heroin hallucination
>not logical or solvable

>(no one notices there is a leather seat melted onto a kid)
>omg six thatcher statues have the black pearl I just figured it out
>extremely obvious conclusion since everyone was mentioning it but literally no evidence for it
>but it was a usb
>no mystery to solve
>the culprit is random woman X!
>no connection to the plot or introduction
>audience is supposed to WHOAHH because we saw her in the intro, but we know literally nothing about her

It's unbelievably terrible but I'll watch it to shitpost with you cunts

>mayfly man is worse than memory man

Am I the only one who liked The Hounds of Baskerville?

strawpoll.me/12060897

No
I thought it was an ok episode

why are there so many criminal masterminds in the uk?

Because Moriarty's network is based in the UK

This and also Eyewitness.
Haven't watched a more engaging show in quite a while.

This happens in way too many tv shows and movies, a character without super speed moves fast enough to react to a bullet going in slow-mo.

It's like they watched The Matrix and didn't realize the point of the sequence is to depict Neo is moving faster than the speed of sound.

It's a shitty story with great atmosphere.

thats even more contrived

The shitty story comes straight from the book though, I can't blame the showrunners for that one

its the weakest of season 2 but still far better than the recent episodes

THIS!

you can see her looking at the bullet.

>black ops team keeps USB stick with blackmail and dox material on each other so they cant betray each other
>take it on their fucking missions with them
>when one gets captured he still has it on him when he escapes to hide it
>still thinks one of his team betrayed him even though they have a mechanism in place to stop this

most retarded series of events I've come across in media in quite a few months

"All the data is in my mind! What are you gonna do? Kill me?"

What a stupid, stupid shit. Not to mention that the villain looked ridiculous since the start, I was thinking "Man, he looks like a doofus" and the show kept saying to me "No no, he's very dangerous!".

>"London Spy"
That was one of the worst shows I watched last year.

>"le magic smart person"

It's a bad story imo. I know others like it though

I am not defending Sherlock. I think the show is complete trash.

But it's obvious that we in this scene followed Sherlock's train of thought and reaction to knowing that he would get shot.
Mary jumped in before the shot was fired, but Sherlock hadn't expected that to happen, so from his point of view she jumped in after the gun was fired.

this is so bad its actually funny

>obvious

no

Don't bother m8, you are dealing with genuine retards.

>british understanding of guns

Reminder that this is the only good Sherlock Holmes show

How many bongs until it airs?

Remember that episode where they catered to viewers' inflation and vore fetishes for no reason at all?

Is this from Series 3?

One-note and disfigured.

Check out this salesman's dream! People who admire this provincial theater-grade ham should be dropped nude on a Canadian street and made to 'detect' where I put their pants (middle of the sea).

vimeo.com/142970359
>WAS the only good Sherlock Holmes show

x-mas special

In The Abominable Bride they make Mycroft grow fat for no real reason and there's a first-person shot where the viewer simulates being eaten and digested by Mycroft.

I dropped this shit when Sup Forums became a recurring character. How can you defend it?

Why do white people always do this shit

What the fuck.

all the best tv shows have Sup Forums as a character, like the walking dead

Sup Forums didn't become a recurring character

Sherlock's girlfriend starting in the 4th season is literally an autistic with severe social retardation, so you should be able to relate

>Set in Portland, Maine in 1995, Sherlock Holmes - an asexual, British woman - investigates cases with her friend and companion, Dr. Johanna Watson - an ex-army medic and transwoman; only the public has no idea.

I don't know what you're referring to but I wasn't joking. There's a group of anonymous hackers called "Everyone" or something like that and Sherlock is always talking to them and getting them to help him on cases in exchange for putting his shoe on his head. It's the most cringe-worthy thing I'd ever seen in a serious TV show.

>Sherlock's girlfriend
So they're Sheldoning him too?

No, Sherlock is pretty uninterested in relationships, he just fucks hookers when he needs to get off, but this particular girl he likes

They only appear in a few episodes and as side characters

>Sheldoning

So are the hackers meant to be like his homeless people network in the original stories?

His network is a bunch of oddballs and esoteric experts across NYC, not homeless people

>You could try to guess about taxi driver
But they never explained his magic method of choosing the right pill. The writers had Watson kill him so that they wouldn't have to come up with an explanation. Trying to write genius plots and genius solutions was too much for the writers from the very first episode, and it just got worse.

Sure, but in the original stories Holmes has a band of homeless misfits do info-gathering jobs for him. I was asking if the hackers basically fill the same role in Elementary.

He was fat in the books. Its a thing

>The key part is making the jumps not just obvious, but *solvable* in retrospect.

None of the original Holmes mysteries have this. It's almost always Holmes having relied on some piece of information that's only given to you when he actually solves the case.

You mean 4 episodes.

No, they do some hacking-related stuff but not all info-gathering. He literally has NSA and MI5 contacts in this.

>S H E R L O C K E D

Rarely you can pinpoint a moment a show goes to immediate shit but congrats Moffat you did it again.

i honestly hope they wont spend half the episode on mary flashbacks or tie her to the rest of the story in any way

Last week's episode was meh. I liked it when Mary died though. Hoping that Sherlock accidentally kills Watson's daughter next.

But season 2 was great, it was 3 when they dropped the ball.

At first I suspected (and thought it was something very clever) that Moriarty was deliberately acting half crazy half retarded to prevent Sherlock from making any legit deductions about him, much like how Irene stripped to leave Sherlock kinda defenseless.

But nope, he was actually half crazy and half retarded.

>"your son died because he was pretending to be a car seat"
fucking lmao i forgot about that

>implying that was bad
>implying it wasn't a great climax to the episode

If you want to talk about pinpointing where it got irredeemably bad, how about making half the first episode of season 3 a meme? People have been arguing for 2 years how Sherlock managed to survive, and Moffat's response was "hurr you guys are so ridiculous with these theories" for half the bloody episode, and when they actually revealed how he did it, Moffat thought it was a good idea to mock the fanbase (represented by Anderson in a most obvious and unflattering way) by saying "well ur dumb if u dont believe me lol" while having Anderson freak out like a loon

It's a big difference between that and 'Sherlocked' in terms of quality

Are they any free proxy I can use to watch BBC iplayer?

Why was Moriarty a fairy fucking faggot what was the point of that

>Hoping that Sherlock accidentally kills Watson's daughter next.

kek

Pay your TV licence like the rest of us.

He wasn't, he was just messing with Sherlock and Molly.