I like this tea

am I a pleb britbros?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/uk/2003/jun/25/science.highereducation
waitrose.com/shop/Browse/Groceries/Tea_Coffee_and_Soft_Drinks/Tea/Loose_Leaf_Tea
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>thinking the Brits know anything about tea
That's what makes you a pleb desu.

Same kind I buy, tho I like Earl Grey better

i always thought black tea with milk tasted like shit until a brit pointed out that i should be pouring the tea onto the milk instead of dumping milk in at the end. it completely changed my view on the subject.

Earl Grey is a poor folk's """""tea""""", basically a tea flavored mix.

It's got bergamot gringo, that's the rind of a type of Spanish bitter orange, do you even tea?

It's a better standard than overpaying for oolong or whatever disgusting thing Pajeet considers to be authentic, I like mine with cream and sugar anyway

>I like mine with cream and sugar anyway

>whatever disgusting thing Pajeet considers to be authentic
tea is chinese. the pajeets didn't start drinking it until the british set up tea farms in assam to compete with china.

No, I am.

That's pretty interesting, I had always thought Darjeeling tea was suposed to be one of the better ones

The faggot ship kinda sailed when you're talking tea, I drink mine as something comfy for when I'm home and it's cold, Iced tea for the summer tho I'm not particular about that one and just use McCormick black

Lose tea is the real tea. Tea bags are just the dust of lose tea.

I'm this guy (literally)

> Tea bags are just the dust of lose tea.
Fair enough, I wouldn't disagree with that, they're decent, cheap and practical enough for those of us who are not into becoming conniosseurs. Seriously, it's like every single fucking small thing in life must become an art or something and a statement about how worldly and sophisticated you are.

Meh, I like to smoke Cuban panatelas and drink southamerican Malbecs, keeps things simple. I'll have something nicer every now and then, sure, but overall I like to keep to simple stapples, invest my time and energy on the things where appreciation better matches my interests, like say music or women.

I'm a tea connoisseur. have you tried rooibos chai?

Nah man, I haven't, is it that good?

i too love south american wine, its cheaper here than euro shit and the affordable california wines all taste the same to me

Breakfast tea is really nice.
Anything that isn't bargain basement or supermarket's own brand is fine, really.

i tried pic related instead of twinnings last time and it tastes like absolute shit by comparison

Loose tea is not more expensive than bagged tea, you just have to know where to get it.

For best results, use an infuser with 1/4 full of loose tea, for about 5 minutes in boiling water. Believe me, there is a world of difference between loose and bag tea.

yea bagged tea is only good for camping and similar imo

>loose leaf
no thanks

you are, pleb. i don't drink tea thats cheaper than 20 usb per oz.

All bagged tea is pleb
This guy has the right idea, but not quite.
First off you shouldn't leave tea leaves in for longer than 3 minutes. Usually less, 90 seconds to 2 minutes.
Secondly you shouldn't use boiling water. Again it depends on the type of tea but most teas are best brewed around 80-85c. Some require a high temperature of 90c but it's rare, rarer than ones that benefit from a temperature below 80c.

Also flavoured tea is for children. Just find a strain you like, there's so many of them and they all taste different. And don't dare ruining it by adding shit to it.

Then again drink whatever you want I don't care, but this is how you get good tea if you're interested (which you seem to be since you asked).

Pleb. Only asian can culturally appropriate the tea culture.

That's quite expensive. I buy high quality teas and usually pay around 8-12 euros per 100g which would be something like 3-4usd per oz.

The most expensive tea I've bought was 159 euros per 100g and I have to say it wasn't worth the price (I didn't buy 100 grams of it).

>I had always thought Darjeeling tea was suposed to be one of the better ones
>pajeets didn't start drinking it until
Having a long history doesn't mean the tea is good and vice versa. Just because a tea comes from China doesn't mean it's any better than tea harvested in India.
I'd say it's 80% how the plant has been handled during farming, harvesting, packaging etc. and 20% which strain it is. 0% how old that strain is.

Once you find a quality importer or a store that specializes in selling high quality teas you can start experiencing with the different types and actually notice a difference. And if the tea has been artificially flavoured it doesn't matter if it's sawdust they put in there.

Twinings is fine. Ahmad tea is better. Imported Ceylon teas with loose leaves and not teabags are patrician tier.

>159 euros per 100g
what tea?

I can't for the life of me remember its name. I was some obscure organically farmed strain of green tea that only grows in one valley and can only be harvested once a year... you know the stories they tell. I didn't know how much to believe of it and I certainly didn't expect it to live up to the price but I just wanted to see how the most expensive tea at my local tea shop tasted.

Tell you the truth it was fucking excellent and the best green tea I've ever tasted. I don't see myself buying it again any time soon though.

Excellent. No caffeine.

Protip: You guys can order Dilmah tea straight from Sri Lanka from ebay.

yes, it's delicious

please buy more chilean wine, please leave your taxes here

I want caffeine in my tea.

You sure those are the parameters for Black Tea?

no caffeine, please tell me more

also, do you know if its hard to grow your own rooibos plant?

Like I said it varies by strain. Black tea requires the highest temperature, it's the only tea where boiling hot water is acceptable. Because realistically it will be 95c by the time you pour it. But the 2 minutes rule stands.

White tea requires the lowest temperature (as low as 70c), followed by green tea (around 80c)

You should be able to find strain-by-strain information online. The store I buy teas from has the recommended temperature and time listed with each tea which makes it easier.

darj does make a wicked good iced tea tho

They've got some good stuff definitively, Don't get me wrong I like Mexican wine but it's generally twice as expensive.

It would be here, or at least difficult to find, I might try it but I strongly lean towards not complicating just getting a good cup of tea in the morning.

That's a good point.I also very much agree with >90 seconds to 2 minutes
>best brewed around 80-85c

I've been doing that for years.

>He claim living in a tea country

>He doesn't get the 500 teabag pack

lmao at you

I'll give it a try although the point for me is largely caffeine.

>buying tea in leaves

Well, you are right about the time, I'll start to remove the infuser at 3min tops.

They were selling (pic related) on Superama for long time, but not anymore.

I started to get it from hierbasorganicas com mx, nice quality, don't get the Chinese Black Tea tho.

Like I said, I am this guy.

Another thing most people don't realize is that with an infuser and loose leaves you can and should reuse tea.

It's not about being frugal (though it's a nice bonus) but the first steep (can you even say that?) gives out the strongest and the most bitter flavours. A second steep is usually much mellower in taste yet should have plenty of flavor left. Infact I prefer the second steep.

You remove the tea after 2-3 minutes not because it's given all its flavor, but because it results in the best taste. The leaves still have plenty of flavor left over. Sometimes I'm unsure whether I've already used tea twice and I throw it in a third time which results in a taste weaker by a noticable margin but still a flavorful drink.

venden en el jumbo, semillas ni idea si puedes encontrar pero quizás en ebay

pero quiero mi propia planta :c

okie

thats completely wrong. milk goes in last. perhaps you just use too much. find your right milk dosage first

That's completely wrong, you should never pour milk in your tea.

>ftfy

unacceptable.
acceptable (I drink twinnings earl grey too)

>find your right milk dosage first
It's called none.

>tfw spend 200£ on tea last month

You got rused.

I've never gotten into the taste of rooibos.

you guys dont know shit. ive never known anyone to have tea without milk. i dont know how you do it over there but you find ways to ruin good things

Do you also pour your tea into a bowl of sugar?

El problema es que traer semillas desde africa es un riesgo muy grande entonces si no tienen certificación sanitaria no van a poder entrar.

idk what point youre trying to make
i have one teaspoon of sugar

try it bongboy. you are probably the same bong that said bags > loose leaf so your opinion has effectively been discarded.

Loose leaf makes you instantly less of a pleb
Twinings English Breakfast is a reliable known-quantity blend, but it's no SFTGFOP

>theguardian.com/uk/2003/jun/25/science.highereducation
flame on

>british media

I know people who have lost part of their vsion who have swapped from milk before tea to tea before milk because it's easier to determine the colour of the mix than the level of the milk in the cup

>I put milk in my tea

im not whoever that is but hardly anyone has loose leaf. pretentious tosser

PERO QUIERO MIS SEMILLAS AHORA UWU

po

Look at this Brit and laugh, Sup Forums. These island monkeys think loose leaf is pretentious luxury.

In UK and Ireland nobody knows what Loose Leaf Tea means.

I had to buy a bag of loose tea in fucking Germany.

oi. bin that rude language m8

I personally prefer tea with milk and some sugar, it's about perfect for a rainy day. I pair mine with an orange polvoron cookie as shortcake is kinda hard to find here. Enjoying tea other ways it's kinda nice but as I mentioned for everyday I like to keep things simple and comfy.

Based Superama, not as good as it used to be but still where I prefer to shop.

>doing things properly is pretentious
I bet you also buy pre-ground coffee.

My black tea of choice is Yorkshire Tea too. Though Twinings is nice also.

Shouldn't have tried finding it exclusively in RuntMarts
waitrose.com/shop/Browse/Groceries/Tea_Coffee_and_Soft_Drinks/Tea/Loose_Leaf_Tea

UK and Aire confirmed poorfags

A lot of black tea blends come from Sri Lanka and Kenya, as well as Assam.

>You sure those are the parameters for Black Tea?

For black tea that comes in tea bags you should be leaving it to brew for a good 3 minutes, preferably 4-5 minutes to get all the flavours from it. Otherwise you'll just be drinking coloured water.

Because your standard English/Irish breakfast tea, the black tea blend that come in teabags, is designed to go well with milk and/or sugar.

anyone here ever try yaupon black tea? it's the only caffeinated plant in n. america and has polyphenols, flavonoids similar to tea. i might order some

>tfw ireland drink more than us per capita

damn that list is surprising

>Meh, I like to smoke Cuban panatelas and drink southamerican Malbecs, keeps things simple. I'll have something nicer every now and then, sure
Patrician detected. Cigars are the best.

Or you can have hot chocolate which does have its own alkaloid, it used to be as traditional for us as mate for South Americans, tho we still drink a lot of it.

>Don't even rate
Proof that we are mediterranean

>tfw smoking one of these while drinking english breakfast

I'm not rich enough to indulge regularly sadly.
Tax here is a bitch. A $10 stick ends up well over £20.

I generally have no more than 1 or 2 a week but I get none other than pictured.

same thing is happening here on the east coast. fuckin control freaks

nobodies got time for faffing about with loose leaf. you lot have it as a novelty at home. its not convenient if its a canteen at work, school, if youre out and about or a tradesmen

looks good mexibro

It takes like 2 seconds to pour in.

Figures. I love their panatelas, but I find the robustos + larger a bit strong for me, and I like bigger cigars.

You have some excellent webshops tho.

It's like how Kerig Cups are popular here even though grinding your own beans and brewing fresh is way better.

Putting milk in first traditionally was the "wrong" way to do it, it showed you were poor as fuck and afraid of the hot water cracking your cups.

yeah thank God the Founders broke us up into states otherwise we would all be at the mercy of NYC cuck laws

Thanks man, I think the trick is just sticking to the smaller sizes that you can actually just enjoy and not doing it as a social thing, a friend or two at most. And you do want to take some long breaks (months) so it doesn't become a for granted routine. Man, a good cigar and some rum, especially if you're on the beach, it's a real next tier experience.

There's some good Mexican cigars from Veracruz but really I'm not for experimenting all that much anymore, I pretty much know what I like and stick to that.

The worst thing is people who buy those things can't shut up about how good it is. They're on the level of those coffee dispensers they have around offices. The only mystery is how they managed to make worse coffee before.

I know...its annoying how much people blab about them. Tastes shitty like folgers to me

Robustos are a bit too much for me, but it is what more regular cigar smokers seem to prefer.

I think my favourite size is Corona so far.
Quite thin and about as long as my dick (in my dreams) burn for around 30min.

Coronas are pretty good, I generally don't go larger than that, but still I like sticking to the smaller stuff.

I also put it in my coffee. What now nigger?